Thread: Little leaps forward

Little leaps forward

This might not sound like much to many of you here, but I just have to share it!
    Since my interest, love actually, of crossdressing started, my wife has been at different times,quietly terrified, disapproving, curious, and mildly supportive. I try to understand her feelings and respect them. I have read many times on this forum that the most important thing to remember when it comes to your SO is to allow them time to understand how much this is a part of you.
    The other day my wife was filling out a form for something, I forget what, and the question of my gender came up. Male, female, or other. ? What do you want me to answer,? she asked me. I told her to check male. Later, I asked her about it. We?re you being serious or sarcastic, I asked. She told me that maybe a little sarcastic, but mostly serious. I know things are changing for you.
    Today we were having our afternoon coffee and she told me ? I really had fun with you the other night when you wore those stockings. You looked nice!? I have been on cloud nine ever since!
    I know that we have a long way to go in our journey. But, it is moments like that that make me so happy that I am sharing this journey with someone like her!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like things are going your way.

Camille, I'm glad your wife is coming around.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like good news all around Camille. Not only is she warming to your crossdressing, but she is beginning to talk about it with you without hesitation of awkwardness...very positive indeed.

Platinum Member
    Encouraging and a testimony to the value of patience and communication.

Camille congrats on the step forward in your wife’s acceptance. But make sure you don’t go crazy in the pink fog of acceptance. Stay grounded and make sure you keep a balance, do something nice for your wife in return, her favorite flowers, or a little gift to say I’m still your husband and can’t live without you.
    Jill

I agree with Jillian's comments. Congrats on the great story. Make sure your wife knows that she is appreciated.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Wonderful for you Camille. Looks like there could be exciting times ahead.

That is wonderful. I would not say that she is necessarily being more accepting yet and certainly not on the basis of a couple of events. I suspect she is testing the waters, so to speak.

She would like to be supportive, but she has no idea what that really means or entails. Keep the communication channels open and when she indicates something like "You looked nice with stockings on" use that as an opening to discuss just that to find out what it was that she thought was nice? Keep to the baby steps method you read about here and communicate, communicate, communicate to assess her honest feelings and reactions. Don't just leave adaptation to her but don't push her either. In time you will likely find a happy point where both feel good about it. It is a very DELICATE balance and it is also possible that it will eventually result in her rejection. it is an experiment.

Steps forward are always a good thing. Be sure you let her know how much you appreciate her. Keep the lines of communication open.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Camille That story is so touching. I'm so happy for you and totally understand how you feel as I have had those moments with my wife and they just want to make you cry.
    Happy dressing always and may the force be always with you and yours
    Rach

Nice story. Go slow & keep the lines of communication open.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu