Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The thrill of underdressing!?

Panties are more comfortable than men's underwear (not all of them, granted, but I tossed the other ones), so now that's all I have. And now that I've FINALLY found a reasonably priced super-comfortable women's thong that's pretty much all I've been wearing since I found them! So to answer the OP question, I wear panties largely due to comfort, but I have to admit I like knowing that they're panties and not men's briefs, even though I have a few that will pass for men's at the doctor's office.

Bras on the other hand make no sense, I just like the way they feel, even though admittedly they're not really comfortable after a few hours. So I'll wear one sometimes under my shirt if I think I can get away with it (at least my wife doesn't care).

I never wear stockings or tights unless they're visible, like with a dress, skirt, or Daisy Dukes.

I think the largely unmentioned third category here should be women's clothes that no one notices are women's clothes. I have no male socks (boring and ugly), I have several pairs of women's canvas shoes (similar to Tom's but prettier), I only wear women's jeans and cutoffs (way more comfy!), I wear women's racerback tanks (comfy and I like the look), and a few women's t-shirts (so much softer than men's shirts) that go unnoticed. There have been plenty of times sitting at the sports bar when I've realized that everything I'm wearing is from the women's side of the store, and no one has a clue.

I wear panties every day as I have tossed out all my traditional male underwear. I find lace panties to be infinitely more comfortable than boxers or tighty whities. When wearing slacks, I generally wear stockings if the ambient temps are 80?F or less. I simply like the feeling of them hugging my legs. I also wear a bra or bralette with inserts and/or forms quite often at home and sometimes while out. I don't "get a thrill" out of under dressing like this. What I do get is a feeling that what I'm doing is natural and normal. I am quite comfortable when underdressed as well as when I'm dressed in the evenings. I do wish I could CD 24/7; but, that will never be the case for me.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I wear panties everyday now; sometimes basic cotton hipsters that are not particularly eye catching, and sometimes my panty choices are much more femm florals, bright colors and even thongs. The point is that I am wearing panties by choice everyday and I am pleased to do so. I also have become fond of women's tank tops in lieu of A-shirts or mens' undershirts. Likewise pretty, femm socks when I can fit them in the outfit. Under dressing is what I have available currently so I do what I can now. I do hope for more later.

For me, underdressing at some level all the time now is not the same thrill it used to be; the mytique, intrigue - and yes, eroticism - are replaced by a sense that it is just me being me at this particular mile post on my journey. I do admit, though, that I do get a little thrill when purchasing lingerie in person for myself. One of the Lane Bryant stylists at my local store knows that I am usually shopping for myself (and sometimes for my wife also) and we discuss panty styles, fabrics and fit. She knows that I have submitted numerous reviews to the LB webpage and she often asks my opinion on their products. Maybe one day I'll ask her if she has other CD customers, although I bet that she does.

We know that a lot of those who post in this particular section of the forum are fetish dressers. For a good number of them, the adrenaline rush of tempting discovery is another significant driver. While many will deny it, there's really no mystery here.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I wear panties almost everyday also. It was my gateway to crossdressing. It was a thrill at first. Now, it is just feels normal. Like many other?s here, it is my connection with my female side. And I usually don?t need anything else. I am surprised and thrilled actually that so many feel the same way! I have found that wearing panties everyday keeps me calmer, more centered. I really enjoy the times that I wear more than just panties, but for me, that is icing on the cake!

Believe it or not as much as I have this need to be wearing something fem under, my wife loves me underdressing. She finds it exciting, the thrill that maybe something my show. Last week at the mall I bent down and tied my shoe laces and when I got up my told me that my top rode up and all the top of my pantyhose were exposed and described the thrill she got seeing people walk by me and notice.
    Sometimes like you said it could get uncomfortable, a few times when the hormones run a little wild I would wear pantyhose under jeans on a boiling hot day, even then my wife will ask why I punish myself like that.

For me it?s super sexy, comfy and feminine. The trill of being caught is exciting but I also make sure it won?t happen. At least I think that. Yesterday I got brave and sent my wife a picture of my normal guy undies as well as some lace panties. Labeled them a and b. Said pick one. She picked the panties and said this is exciting! Felt great all day about it.

I have underdressed in nylon panties for most of my adult life, with the full support of my wife. Panties is the only underdressing that I have ever done. I have always been careful not to be discovered.

It has evolved from a way to calm my dysphoria in my earliest younger years, to a mild erotic excitement as I remember that I had girl's panties on under my suit, to just having a preference for panties for everyday wear.

I keep my collection of male underwear for special occasions, like a doctors visit, X-rays, MRIs, etc.

Wearing panties every day is just one of the little pleasures of cross dressing that I totally enjoy with the full support of my bride. We even enjoy having matching panties.

Teresa
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

I?ve underdressed for years, definitely panties, sometimes thigh highs, sometimes a bra..all depends on occasion. Why? It feels good and seems to keep the pink fog away longer.

I never understood the underdressing thing. To me, crossdressing isn't strictly' about the clothes,' it's really about "presenting as a woman.'

I wear panties 24/7. I still have a couple pairs of men's drab underwear in the back of my bottom drawer, but they have not been out in years. I feel relaxed and comfortable being in touch with my soft/feminine side. During the colder months my wardrobe is a little more extensive. This includes leotards/bodysuits, tights and an occasional bra. In the beginning there was the "thrill", but now it is all about comfort with my clothing choice and myself.

Silver Member
    Some I know have told me if you wear a girdle (or corset) everyday long enough, you can overcome any discomfort and become "addicted" to it, and really miss it when it isn't there. I don't wear one everyday, but if it fits well, and is broken in, I can totally see one eventually falling in love with them and wanting to wear one all of the time.

I underdress on occasion and usually just on a weekend when I feel up for it. Not something I'd do everyday, but when I'm feeling in a girly mood.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    I don't know if its a thrill exactly, but I have noticed that even my guy jeans and pants fit better when I am wearing my hip shaper girdle. They are not constantly sliding down, even when wearing a belt. It is a bit of a kick to wear these out and about, like you are getting away with something so many find taboo, but that's a psychological thing.
    Apparently that is a very popular reason for underdressing, Kris. And, it was for me for about a week.
    Until I realized I wasn't get away with anything except in my imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    Well Doc, for me it's a bit of a "relief valve."
    I consider myself to be somewhere left of center on the Trans scale, but I'm limited in my freedom to express my "true" self. Underdressing helps relieve some of the dysphoric pressure.

I underdress every day, but only in panties. There is no "thrill" or "excitement" involved. They're just my undies.
    Boy undies are boring and fit funny. I don't know what it is, but they feel "weird."
    I don't have enough up top to need a bra. Pads, shapewear, etc. aren't my thing. I'm not trying to look the part so much as I am just wearing what feels "right" to me.
    If my wife were OK with me doing a little more - such as ladies slacks or tops, I would. She's not, so I don't. To the outside world these days, I'm just another dude.
    I know many underdress simple because u have to please your SO, SaraLin. But, u were the first to mention trans dysphoria. And, I keep forgetting about that because mine vanished about 15 years ago when I realized I have NO "woman inside me" I need to please!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    I guess my view of underdressing is somewhat different. I outwardly dress in a feminine manner. Wear leggings to the gym, at home, and at work. On my forays during the day my preference is denim leggings/leggings, whatever the nomenclature is. I find that is the best way to project my femininity.
    That's called an "androgenous" look, Angela. And, it's cautious, but not underdressing. And, very unsatisfying for some dressers like myself who strive to present as fem as possible. If I don't see a real woman in my mirror? I'm embarrassed to go out like that!:

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    doc, You have been rather open that you are a fetishist, true? For me, the thrill of wearing panties disappeared many years ago. I underdress in my panties every day to calm my gender dysphoria. I suspect that is true for most of us who have been doing it for years. I do not get aroused by dressing. Panties provide no sexual thrill. Instead, I feel relaxed, assured, calmed. Nancy
    I do get turned occasionally dressing at home, Nancy. But, I've NEVER had a sexual thot or feeling during the countless times I've been out dressed!
    I have no idea why!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    Well Doc, you seem to like wearing a latex suit and go out to public events. I'm guessing that this is something that 'floats your boat'. For me, I like the feel of snug nylon panties, cami's, or pantyhose that moves with me nicely against any outer clothes that I may be wearing. That tactile feeling 'floats my boat', I don't expect you to understand, just love and accept me for who I am!
    How ironic that u say I don't understand u when u obviously don't understand me. You've been paying attention, Gillian, but not too well, apparently!
    My prosthesis and suits r all silicone which has very different properties!
    I despise latex and don't EVER wear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    We know that a lot of those who post in this particular section of the forum are fetish dressers. For a good number of them, the adrenaline rush of tempting discovery is another significant driver. While many will deny it, there's really no mystery here.
    People call me a fetishist because sometimes seeing myself dressed turns me on, Auntie. And, I enjoy being titely restricted.
    But, panties do nothing for me. Yet, all the "NONE FETISHISTS" here swarm to panty threads like wolves to raw meat!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    There are functional reasons; i.e., I think panties are more comfortable than men's briefs.
    I like the extra support on my 'man parts'(actually, I tuck most of the time and it helps keep the boys out of sight).
    I also hate how men's' briefs show over the top of my jeans and especially how boxer briefs bunch up in my crotch.

Mostly though, I underdress because my situation won't allow me to fully dress when I leave my apartment so I do what I can to be as much of the real me as I can. Same reasons I wear nail extensions in a matte clear finish and have my toes painted. If I had enough hair, I'd probably grow that out, too.
    There r NO functional reasons for women's panties fitting men better than men's panties, Shelby. Tidy whities r max comfy for MOST people with male parts. I think what u and others mean is that u "feel more comfy knowing you're wearing women's panties"!?

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa.Smith.VA View Post
    I have underdressed in nylon panties for most of my adult life, with the full support of my wife. Panties is the only underdressing that I have ever done. I have always been careful not to be discovered.

It has evolved from a way to calm my dysphoria in my earliest younger years, to a mild erotic excitement as I remember that I had girl's panties on under my suit, to just having a preference for panties for everyday wear.

I keep my collection of male underwear for special occasions, like a doctors visit, X-rays, MRIs, etc.

Wearing panties every day is just one of the little pleasures of cross dressing that I totally enjoy with the full support of my bride. We even enjoy having matching panties.

Teresa
    Yes, I realize pleasing the SO is an important aspect of underdressing, Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Some I know have told me if you wear a girdle (or corset) everyday long enough, you can overcome any discomfort and become "addicted" to it, and really miss it when it isn't there. I don't wear one everyday, but if it fits well, and is broken in, I can totally see one eventually falling in love with them and wanting to wear one all of the time.
    I used to wear a tite laced corset every time I dressed in the closet for 10 years. Now, I can only wear waist cinchers and girdles because of damaged nerves, Vickie. If u don't tite lace your corset it mite feel very comfy if u wore it all day. But, then it won't be doing what u wear a corset for, to radically modify your figure! It'll be just another underdress item like panties!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hey audreyinalbany! That's a good practical viewpoint.
    I'm not wanting to present as woman
    though I'm publicly a 'man in a dress' most of the time.
    So I'm not a crossdresser?
    A Wittgenstein word game I guess.
    [See the website: how-playing-wittgensteinian-language-games-can-set-us-free]
    Last edited by Tamroi; 06-15-2022 at 10:05 PM.

I appreciate everyone giving the reasons .
    Helps me understand more.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I find if I dress then I dress completely as a woman. I have never really underdressed much at all.

I pretty much feel like I completely understand where you're coming from. I started out wearing panties at a very early age and with some periods of reverting back to men's underwear only, I would always come back to wearing women's panties. Always. I went through a period of about 10 years where I would dress in everything feminine. Panties, bras, garter belts, nighties, but that was when I was single, living completely alone. I am now in a very committed marriage for the past 20 years. After a long period of sneaking and hiding, I finally got the chance to come out in the open. The choice of men's underwear is absolutely horrible. I explained this to my wife and told her that women's panties are very much more comfortable and that women's panties are not that distinguishable from some of the men's underwear that I had brought in the past. There was a time when you could walk into a certain "big box" retail store and buy men's thongs and bikinis, but not anymore. I buy the more conservative panties - cotton with solid colors. I was pleased to find out that my wife enjoys my wearing women's thongs. So things are working out well for me and I hope for you as well.

I have worn panties on a regular basis for many years and I enjoy underdressing in other things - bra, cami, forms - in the cooler weather. Now that it is summer I have shifted to panties, shorts and a tee or a Sportkilt instead of shorts if I'm going to be around the house. Honestly, my wife and I are often dressed much the same during the summer.
    So many new things to learn

I've worn knickers / panties and stockings plus garter / suspender belt under my jeans a few times nipping into the pub. Going home, it allows me to change into femme mode quicker after (bra, dress, heels, wig, done). And it is a nice feeling on my legs.

The one thing I have to be careful about is the rear clips on the suspender / garter belt can edge above the top of the jeans, so ensuring a male T-Shirt is pulled over the back of the jeans is important.

Sue

Very simple for me, I just love the feel of panties underneath my pants, helps me keep my fem feeling when I'm not wearing romantic lingerie in the bedroom.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    Thanks Doc for starting this post. I enjoy reading everyones viewpoint. I find that I have very much in common with a lot of the underdressers above. I have had a lifelong fascination with women’s foundation wear of the 50s, 60s and 70s. I wear a bra and girdle every day now under my drabes and for me in my situation it works. My wife is ok with this, and I have no mad desire to present as female, as I am a big old man and I am too old and scared to go any further. Growing up I was able to hide the fact that I loved pretty feminine undies, it was not a tolerant situation. I would say that in fact I have become addicted to wearing a girdle. Girdles are my only underwear in my drawers for the last 10 years. I love wearing a bra everyday as well. I have gone for a fitting at my local bra shop and it was a very positive and fun experience. Underdressing is far more than fetishism for me now, it is about me being comfortable in my own skin.
    Thanks, Ina
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why is it that nearly every thread I start turns into a "panty thread"?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For me, underdressing is as far as I have ever been willing to go outside of the privacy of my home. I suppose that if I had ever had the opportunity, I might have attended a gathering or two in full dress but there is a lot of investment in that including wigs, shoes makeup and other accessories such as purses and jewelry. I have never made the investment in those things not so much for the money but for the ability to hide my small stash of girly things. So, the only opportunities I ever really had to dress outside of the privacy of my home has been to underdress. Most of the time, to keep it simple that has simply been wearing panties but there have also been occasions when I have had the opportunity where I would go farther and wear a bra, camisole and stockings or whatever. So,for some practical reasons, if it the only thrill I can get, then accept it and enjoy it.

Underdressing started out as a fetish when I was much younger. It fell into the category of "I have a secret". Today, I just view it as part of my normal clothing. I wear panties all the time because they fit better than men's underwear, occasionally wear bras because I like the hugging feeling they give, and in the winter, I wear tights to help keep my legs warm. In the evolution of my dressing, what was once taboo has now become normal.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.