Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Are you transgender?" reply?

Platinum Member
    I think anyone should answer respectful inquires in a truthful manner, as best that can be explained in a brief encounter. I would not be rude or flippant. For that brief encounter you are a representative of a larger community. Does it make any difference if a man or a woman asks that question? I've read a lot of posts where there seems to be a lengthy chat when it is a woman making the inquiry.

I use the same answer that I use if someone asks me if I'm black.
    "What do you think?"
    That let's them answer their own query. Often the answer is akin to what they see and perceive.
    If their perception is wrong than that's on them...not me.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I agree with Heather and Char GG. If the person asked in a respectful manner, I would definitely respond in a respectful fashion. No need to potentially tick someone off in what could potentially be a tricky situation at times.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Just another 'Gurl'
    If I run into a similar situation I will probably reply with something along the lines of "I dont really know. Maybe"
    Just another man in a dress

My gender is a mix of male and female so I believe that makes me Gender Fluid and under the Transgender umbrella. I dont think I will ever become female 24/7 though.
    Last edited by Jade P; 06-19-2022 at 05:52 AM.

I have some transgender attributes and qualities.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I find that it more understandable to muggles if you just stick the TG story. Less confusing to their mind.

For example when I went out shopping for my new wigs. I called and asked them if they were TG friendly. Vs do you mind if crossdressers shop here.

I know I did not give them the option but I thought it was a simple option.

Although I don't feel like a transgender (mainly because I don't dress as a mean to express my female side, but as an experience out of the ordinary), I like the qualifier, since it's what I do, technically, I am crossing boundaries. My answer would therefore be "yes".

Silver Member
    "I'm feel most comfortable in a skirt and heels." Once a man came up to me and asked respectfully, "What's your deal?" I just told him I was Gender Fluid. I don't think he had ever heard the term before, but he seemed satisfied with that answer.

It's an inappropriate question for a stranger to ask. "Why do you ask?" is a perfectly appropriate response. If their response to that indicates innocent curiosity, I'd explain that, "Yes, I am, but that's not an appropriate question to be asking of strangers."
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

On the past (very) few occasions when I've felt the need to explain myself to an SA or medical professional I've said "I'm in the transgender spectrum."
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.