Thread: What's this? It's fun. Ignore the negative threads and enjoy

What's this? It's fun. Ignore the negative threads and enjoy

Finally bit the bullet today. I've been putting this off for too long and besides not wanting to get rid of goodies, too many threads highlighted the heartache of purging.

I'd purged for a bit today, yeah.
    What's gone?: male undies, non flattering femine clothes, a full hamper of unknown "might want sometime stuff". How much, a full 18 gallon kitchen trash bag. I can't wait to "spring clean" the closet.

What's rediscovered?: 4 skirts, 3 tops, ton of hosiery and leggings.

It was a good day. Right now I don't need or want any replacements, just to simplify more. I still have too many things I wore once and never again.

What have you discovered recently that is easier than you feared????

Once things like you describe are gone I do not miss them (and I still have many nice dresses left to wear)

One way of approaching this process that a goodly number of women use is to view your clothing selection as an integrated package. It is amazing how many outfits you can create if your collection is integrated so lots of thing go together so it seems like you have a lot more clothes than you do. Get creative. I suspect a lot of CDs create many independent outfits and thus end up with huge pile of clothes that rarely get worn and have to sometimes clear out a lot of stuff which LOOKS like purging but isn't.

To me purging is where you are subconsciously thinking that the wearing of the clothes is causing you to be "trans." It is not. You are "trans" and of a form that creates a desire to express in that way. Purge the clothes and the desire returns because the identity demands it in some way unique to you but similar to others. So purging is not capable of throwing away your identity and allowing you to quit this "crazy" behavior that is definitely not "crazy." It is most likely just you.

So don't buy clothes randomly, but build outfits.

Platinum Member
    The power of subtraction!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    In retired life, the outward male attire is utilitarian. Like, 'cause we uh get things done. I'm either in Carharts/t-shirt/ball cap, all dressed like a shameless tart or neked.
    Replaced the purge trigger with rotate long ago. My favorite thrift store supports the animal shelter.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I love the recommendation from Gretchen above. Build outfits!!! I've got a good GG friend who is happy to help suggest pairings as in top, bottom, shoes & bag. Its fun!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I've discovered it's not at all difficult to donate items I rarely or no longer wear.
    I give them to the Salvation Army and being that I don't need them and it's a wonderful cause it's really easy to do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    There's a big difference between purging and preening down a wardrobe. Purging seems to be a reaction to some sort of angst over being a wearer of women's clothing; usually self reflection or some disagreement with a wife. Ridding a wardrobe of ill fitting, out of style, etc clothes is just that; cleaning out the closet. The flip side of the issue is why the heck does one accumulate so much in the first place; retail therapy?

As a suspected ADHD person, fighting like hell to not become a hoarder, I understand yi9ur viewpoint completely, SirDonna.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I've discovered it's not at all difficult to donate items I rarely or no longer wear.
    I give them to the Salvation Army and being that I don't need them and it's a wonderful cause it's really easy to do.
    Yep, it depends on the item. Non-risque go to Disabled Amer Vets, others go into trash.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    There's a big difference between purging and preening down a wardrobe. Purging seems to be a reaction to some sort of angst over being a wearer of women's clothing; usually self reflection or some disagreement with a wife. Ridding a wardrobe of ill fitting, out of style, etc clothes is just that; cleaning out the closet. The flip side of the issue is why the heck does one accumulate so much in the first place; retail therapy?
    Great point. Yep, retail therapy, but cutting back with inflation spiking.

I have 1 dress I rarely wear and have retired it off the hanger and out of sight. I will donate it to one of the charities when I have the chance. I have only 7 dresses, so this is a significant part of my dress wardrobe. lol!!
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Aspiring Member
    What you did sounds like an edit, not a purge. The difference is the intent and the extent.

I have done this several times but mine was disagreeing with where my mind was and purging them all out. Just to go buy new ones a short time later. Recently I did just to not have so many.

Part of my buying process of items such as skirts and tops is "What would go with them that I already have" or "That will go with..." That's not to say I don't buy things just because I like them but I'm always aware that separates aren't really separates, they have to go with something and the more things they will go with the better.

Getting rid of the things you're unlikely to wear again is for me just common sense. It's not purging, it's making room for something I like better and am more likely to wear out in public.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed