Thread: Back of the closet

Back of the closet

No, not the closet many of us are in. This post is about that stuff that keeps getting pushed aside as we buy new stuff.

Jenn has gone on a bit of a buying spree and the new stuff has all be crammed into her closet. I think I know what most of the older stuff is, but I often get stuck on a new outfit by relying on only the newly acquired stuff.

Does everybody really remember all the individual pieces of clothing they have without needing to actually look. For example, I just got a new leopard print skirt. Love the skirt but was wondering what I might have that would go with it for a complete outfit. Yes, I knew I had a black T, but was there anything else in the closet that would match? I'll eventually get to that far corner to find out.

I guess a clean up (not a purge) is shortly in order.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Platinum Member
    I am strictly a dress wearer; no pants or jeans at all. I've accumulated 162 dresses. How do I know it's 162? I maintain a word document listing maker/label, size, style, color. It's annotated with a number; 1 to 162 with a picture of the dress. Being "in the closet," that is the best way to keep track of the dresses which are folded neatly in Xerox boxes.

Wow Stephanie! 162 dresses!!! Hope you get a chance to wear them regularly.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Yes, I'd say I pretty much know everything I own. That's my little OCD moment.
    I know what you mean about the back of the closet. That's why I took to heart the motto "One in One out". If I buy something new then something old has to go, be it donation or trash. I've found that the adage "if you haven't worn it in the last year" works for me. That way I've gone through all seasons and if it hasn't been worn it probably won't be and that's what gets donated.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I am sometimes pleasantly surprised at what I find when I change wardrobes between seasons.

Ditto Cheryl T, I'm a one in one out person, and also follow the 'if its not been used/worn in the last year, its time to move it out.

Sure, I know exactly what I have, but the opposite of Stephanie. I only own four dresses that are mine. 1 bra ( was my wife’s that she didn’t like ), 1 maidenform girdle with cups, 1 pair of nude, 3 inch heels, 3 breast forms ( thanks to the generosity of a member here ! ), 2 similar wigs, 2 pairs of pantyhose, a handful of hand-me-down panties from my wife, and some jewelry, both cheap costume stuff purchased, and a couple handed down from my wife. Oh, and a small makeup bag with a few things only ( though growing ).

Full inventory that takes up limited space in our walk-in closet. Some hanging, some in drawers of cardboard and plastic small dressers, and some hidden in boxes. I definitely have a few more things in my wish list, but for being closeted this is what I have. All of this has been acquired only in the last few months of this year, similar to the time I created an account here.

You have three breast forms Mary Loo? Where do you put the third one? Is it a spare in case one of the others gets a flat?
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I did the purge in 2020 of entire wardrobe. Just starting over again but it?s growing at a rapid rate.just got 3 dresses., severel pairs of tights, panties,a skirt , a bra , a blonde wig and a pair of black ballet pumps.

Jenn, I've pulled a few things out of my closet and questioned when and where I purchased them. So I definitely can relate.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

All mine is still much so hidden so for rooms sake I must throw something out when I buy something new.

It takes me forever to decide on an outfit for the day, so I regularly go through every dress, top and skirt I own. Nevertheless, I still find things I forgot about.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I recently started the bra arena, I had purchased a couple sport's bra from the dollar store but moved into the real bras push-ups. My wife actually gave me 1 of hers that I wear in male mode. Since the discovery of a nice push-up bra the rest will be going out. Now that I actually have found the right band and cup size, there is no going back.