Thread: A sisters at my door

A sisters at my door

Yesterday I was in the basement in male mode when I heard the door bell ring, I knew my wife was sitting on the couch with the view of the person outside threw the screen door. For some reason she calls my name and I hear the door bell ring again. I'm now wondering why she isn't going to the door, and she calls my name again. I'm walking up the stairs asking her why she isn't seeing who's at the front door, she answers me if I was expecting a visit from a sister from the community. Now I'm wondering what the hell she's talking about and I get upstairs and look out of the screen. I look at my wife and tell her that isn't a sister from the community, that's your sons girlfriends mother. Her eyes opened up like beach balls and her look of embarrassment when she came with me to the door.
    We chatted with her for a while and when she left my wife told me that I should have no problem passing, my sons girlfriends mother can't pass and she's a women.
    She then told me when out and about she had to second look a lot of women who could probably go both ways and then realized they were women.
    Just thought I share, I thought it was a funny mistake, maybe wife needs glasses.

Interesting. However, women don't need to "pass" because they ARE women.

That's not a very kind statement that "she can't pass and she's a woman".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    What Maria is stating is her wife made a judgement the person at the door appeared to her to be a transgender woman based on her appearance. It sounds like Maria's wife is caught up in trying to assess whether women she encounters are genetic women or not. How many times have I read posts about forum members constantly scanning people trying to identify a "sister?" I don't believe there was any disrespect intended. I think Maria's wife was stating their son's girlfriend's mother visual features were not so well defined to be clearly put in the female category. I think I may be digging a bigger hole, but I think you get the point. So, if a person wearing societal assigned women's clothing is standing in your visual space what is your criteria in assessing the same situation? What are the clues?

Platinum Member
    I know GGs who look rather masculine and of course a lot of biological males who can be mistaken for women (without really trying). I also recall thinking that a friend might be pregnant, but being reluctant to ask, just in case I was mistaken.

Yeah, no kidding, Kim. Thank god the GF's mom was unaware. That would be highly insulting to a GG--that you're so unattractive that you look like a man trying to present as a woman. Ouch.

I guess it's a good example of how it's always a good idea to never question their gender if they're dressing in women's clothes!

Just because it's not a nice comment doesn't make it less funny!!

"Dark humor is like food in third world countries.... Not everyone gets it."

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I see the humor in it and how that can happen. I've run into several women that I couldn't tell for sure it they were male or female even after having conversation with them.

Since nobody else is bringing it up, I will...

Maria 60, So - if your wife thinks it's one of your "community sisters", she won't answer the door? Why not?
    I can see her calling down to you and saying something like "I think someone's here for you." but she should still answer the door while you're coming up.

But yes, I see the humor in it. Just don't EVER let the woman herself find out about it. That wouldn't be nice at all.

And, purely in the spirit of silliness, maybe his mom isn't really his mom?

Good story. It can be mind boggling when you can't tell. It evokes a question that one can't answer right away so one must search for more clues. "Sister from the community" is an interesting phrase too.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I feel that your wife was giving you a compliment, at the expense of your sons girlfriends mother. I would also ask the question if she could be a future mother in law for your son? Which could explaine the comment

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find it weird that your wife who knows you're not out, would suddenly think a trans was at your door looking for u, Maria.

Have u spoken with her recently about going out dressed and/or meeting other T's in your area?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    "can't pass and she's a woman" That's too funny.

I saw this "man" at the breakfast buffet at a hotel I was staying at. "He" looked like a long-distance runner, tall, lean and muscular, with kind of a rugged face. "He" was carrying a small pink backpack, which I thought was kind of unusual for a "man". It's a good thing I didn't say anything to "him" about carrying a pink backpack because on closer observation, "he" turned out to be a "her". It was her comportment that gave her away.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Or maybe it was the sons girlfriends father?
    Please Call Me Mandy