Thread: May sound odd

May sound odd

So, the last few months I have been completely out of the pink fog. No interest and I kinda wish i was in it at least a little.

I do a high stress job and it's been relaxing to escape once and while, but even when the opportunity presents, I have no desire.

Any thoughts?

SJ

My experience over many decades is that my interest and desires ebb and flow. Sometimes intense and other times the rest of my life is dominant. Any other big changes that you think might be playing a part. May I ask how old you are. BTW, I am 67.

I'm quite sure your outside stresses play a role in your diminished interest, or should we say your diminished impulse, since the interest seems to still be there. Even in the short time I've been doing this actively I have experienced high and low periods. If you find dressing brings you relief from your high stress job, I'd say just try something related that doesn't require you dress up fully- look at some clothing on Amazon, check out sme you tube vids, or best of all make some contacts here as you have done. If you are like me, you'll get inspired and snap right back, and it will feel great!

Sounds like a win to me. Life would be simpler if I was just ok with wearing what I'm "supposed" to be wearing. Enjoy the simple life while you can, but I suspect at some point it will come back so you might not want to purge just yet.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The answer for me was/is: Dress when I feel like it, don't dress when I don't feel like it!

That works for me, Sabine, because I live alone. Not everyone can do that, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have had spells of not dressing. 14 years was the longest spell when my kids were born . Life gets in the way sometimes.However it came back with a vengeance after a family bereavement.It is now stronger than ever. Never say never.

Not to worry Sabine. All of us go through those phases at times.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Aspiring Member
    enjoy ur extra time. not sure how much time you spent dressing, but i know it consumes some people's time.

if the urge comes back, enjoy. if not, thats fine too

I do the same thing. Comes and goes.

It's probably the phase of the moon or the intensity of the sun spots. My daughter is a preschool teacher and she says that she can tell a full moon by the activity of her kids. It may be superstition, but she believes it.

It also could be "The Age of Aquarius"

When the moon is in the Seventh House
    And Jupiter aligns with Mars
    Then peace will guide the planets
    And love will steer the stars ...

But don't worry, to misquote Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, "It'll be back".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.