Thread: A downside

A downside

Having recently shaved my legs for the first time, and using a moisturizing shower gel, I have noticed a drawback.

I play rugby and now my legs I think are more sensitive and without the protection of all that hair (there was quite a bit). My legs are a mess of cuts scrapes and scratches. Worse than usual!

Anyone else that is rather active experience similar results?

Susan

Not a little girl
    More sensitive? yes.
    More likely to get cuts and bruises? More visibile anyway!

Maybe you need to start wearing tights like some of the US NBA (Basketball) players are starting to wear... (Kobe Bryant, Jason Williams, ...)

I played rugby weekly up to ten years ago or so (blew out both of my knees! ), and I don't think a layer of hair would have done a darn thing to protect them. I consistently had scrapes and bruises and I was a huge fan of dark stockings back then. But then again, I never had a lot of fur, just a few whiffs of fine hair here and there.

I think your cuts and bruises are just more visible now without the hair.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    I played rugby weekly up to ten years ago or so (blew out both of my knees! ), and I don't think a layer of hair would have done a darn thing to protect them. I consistently had scrapes and bruises and I was a huge fan of dark stockings back then. But then again, I never had a lot of fur, just a few whiffs of fine hair here and there.
    I know the hair wont do much when someone stands on you with cleats its more of a field burn (think carpet burn) when tackled. It certainly seems much worse now that it did before.

Susan

I would think that previously you were sliding on the hair (thin though it may be)....now you are sliding on your skin!!

Ouch!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Just wait till you see the claw marks, never mind the grazes. Me I was shocked when I saw such results for the first time.

Samm

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I lead an all too sedentary life, the worst danger my legs face these days is the razor itself.

However, I have noticed with my arms - I trim the hair on them with hair clippers - that every cat scratch, bump, bruise, and imperfection shows up in high relief now. All those things were there before, but artfully concealed by unwanted body hair.

I'm not sure this answers the question, though - I slide on my arms on grass and dirt as seldom as possible, although I do get pretty involved when watching American football on TV!
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."