Thread: Dressing at work follow up

Dressing at work follow up

About a month or so ago I posted about how my building is closing and is basically empty except for maybe 20 people in a 900 person building. Since then I have gone into the office and then changed into female clothes twice. Once I just tried a skirt with my regular male top, the 2nd time I went full female including makeup. There were no issues, I even ran into a couple of people without comment. But it felt odd dressing after arriving.

Today we are in a heat wave, it was 101 yesterday and will be in the 90s today. I decided to heck with it, it?s too hot for pants and I technically can?t wear shorts in the office. There is no rule against skirts, and diversity acceptance is a big topic in the company. So I went into the office non binary today.

Maroon polo top, office appropriate tan skirt, and open toed dress sandals. (Which show off my red manicured toes) All of which falls comfortably within the company dress code.

I woke up showered and dressed, bought my morning donut at the convenience store. Parked my car in the company lot and I confidently walked into the office past the guards, with our customary morning hello. Then up to my desk. I have talked with a couple of people so far, once standing next to them in my skirt and heels. I also plan on my walk to the local pizza place for lunch about 15 minutes away.

It?s a very big day today, feeling comfortable enough with myself and my work environment to wear my clothes, whatever gender they are supposedly assigned to.

8940B4D2-710C-4D16-94DB-1C4CC4C05DEE.jpg
    Rebecca Bas

So glad to see that you are out there representing.

Platinum Member
    Good for you!

Two thumbs up. You look very appropriate/
    joank
    Southern California

Great job breaking down those imaginary barriers!

thanks for sharing....it must have felt nice to be your "self" at work....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Great for you!
    You seem to have long natural hair. I guess you must look even more feminine when wearing them down....which is fantastic!

That's wonderful, what a special day. You look very presentable and seem to have enjoyed your step forward.
    Well done on your progress.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

You go girl!!!!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Now that's just cool!

I am a bit jealous!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Absolutely wonderful to hear.
    Amanda

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    Today we are in a heat wave, it was 101 yesterday and will be in the 90s today. I decided to heck with it, it?s too hot for pants and I technically can?t wear shorts in the office. There is no rule against skirts, and diversity acceptance is a big topic in the company. So I went into the office non binary today.

Maroon polo top, office appropriate tan skirt, and open toed dress sandals. (Which show off my red manicured toes) All of which falls comfortably within the company dress code.
    In my last three years of work before retirement, I worked in an office. I saw the new dress code and asked the manager if I could wear a skirt, if I couldn't wear shorts. He stuttered and was speechless, then I just laughed. He didn't know if I was serious or not!!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Bravo, Heisthebride! Nicely done!

Decades ago, my high school instituted a dress code that prevented boys from wearing shorts. Only pants were allowed. Shorts were only for gym. Girls could wear skirts, so long as they were knee length. A day after they instituted the dress code, a classmate of mine borrowed one of his sister's skirts and wore that to school. The skirt was perfectly in line with the dress code, except it was a boy wearing it, not a girl. He lasted half the day before they sent him home with a dress code warning. Our school had about 750 boys in it. I'm sure he was a hero to at least a dozen or so other boys in the school, including me.

Well played.
    -Cheryllynn

Wow , good on you.

you look fantastic, great you had a good time

Good for you!

Skirts are much cooler than either pants or shorts (in every sense of the word).

The best was my walk to get lunch, it was about 1/2 mile away, there was a nice breeze but it was still hot outside. I know when I've made that walk in jeans my legs get all sweaty and stick to the fabric of the jeans. In the skirt, my lower legs were bare and airflow around my thighs and under the skirt was so refreshing. If most men only knew how comfortable a skirt can be.

Pizza place.jpg
    Last edited by char GG; 06-24-2022 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours
    Rebecca Bas