About a month or so ago I posted about how my building is closing and is basically empty except for maybe 20 people in a 900 person building. Since then I have gone into the office and then changed into female clothes twice. Once I just tried a skirt with my regular male top, the 2nd time I went full female including makeup. There were no issues, I even ran into a couple of people without comment. But it felt odd dressing after arriving.

Today we are in a heat wave, it was 101 yesterday and will be in the 90s today. I decided to heck with it, it?s too hot for pants and I technically can?t wear shorts in the office. There is no rule against skirts, and diversity acceptance is a big topic in the company. So I went into the office non binary today.

Maroon polo top, office appropriate tan skirt, and open toed dress sandals. (Which show off my red manicured toes) All of which falls comfortably within the company dress code.

I woke up showered and dressed, bought my morning donut at the convenience store. Parked my car in the company lot and I confidently walked into the office past the guards, with our customary morning hello. Then up to my desk. I have talked with a couple of people so far, once standing next to them in my skirt and heels. I also plan on my walk to the local pizza place for lunch about 15 minutes away.

It?s a very big day today, feeling comfortable enough with myself and my work environment to wear my clothes, whatever gender they are supposedly assigned to.

8940B4D2-710C-4D16-94DB-1C4CC4C05DEE.jpg