Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Despite being a crossdresser, In what aspects are you suprisingly masculine?

Despite being a crossdresser, In what aspects are you suprisingly masculine?

Exactly. How have you retained it? Does your job require being masculine or showing a masculine persona?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No answer I can think of right now to that one. Depends what masculine is. Not something I have ever given thought too. Just me doing what I do. I will reply later in the thread after I get the gist.

Masculine dragon tattoos? and shooting sports - although there are plenty of women that enjoy that as well. Oh and I don?t like chick flicks LOL, still has to be heart pounding action for me

Aspiring Member
    Portraying a warm, happy, festive grandfather image.

Let's see. Carpenter, tattoos, (word I'm not allowed to mention here but involves loud noises) enthusiast, pilot, beer drinker, rocker, protective husband father and grandfather. But to be fair, my wife would qualify for 5 out of 7 there.
    As I've said, I'm just an ordinary average guy. In a dress.

I can take care of things. It does not matter what it is, I can get it done. Not that I am a handyperson or a mechanic but I do surprise myself sometimes.

40+ years in construction as a carpenter taught me that masculinity is hard to define. Some of the toughest guys I met were not what I would call super masculine. So masculinity is not something that you wear. It is something that you just are. Being a crossdresser does not change that.

IDK, is being a coal miner masculine? Crawling around in deep, dark, dirty, wet underground mines! Plus I have played ice hockey most of my life. But then again there are women coal miners and we have women playing in our armature league. So who can say whats masculine anymore!

I too am in the construction industry. I do a lot of heavy lifting and climbing on ladders. I love the out of doors. Hunting, fishing and hiking. I can fix just about anything if I take the time to analyze it. I have been told I'm an excellent husband, father and grandfather. I also like to cross-dress. So?

If I can't fix it, it's not broken! I'm into anything mechanical, electronics, electrical, construction, wood working, welding, collecting bras, wearing stockings, dresses, skirts, blouses, doing my makeup, styling my wig. Wait, where was I going with this?

Anything can be masculine just like anything can be feminine. I don't label myself as either. I'm just me.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-22-2022 at 10:06 PM. Reason: topic not allowed
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Platinum Member
    Outward appearance count? Six foot/200 pounds, male pattern baldness. Former United States Army infantryman (Vietnam) with battle scars. Can look rather scruffy most of the time.

1, the fact that I need to shave every day?more like every 5 hours. 2, I?d say my walk and mannerisms are most definitely masculine, and 3, I make sure to do the gentlemanly thing for a lady.
    I won’t necessarily say my job requires it, but there are literally 3 women and 90 guys on the shop floor. Being unmasculine would not go unnoticed.
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 06-22-2022 at 08:30 PM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

The most masculine thing I have ever done is being a father.

Kris, I couldn?t agree more!

Nothing I can do about my facial features. Or my voice. Both dead giveaways!

I am not sure what defines one as masculine. I do know, or at least would bet, that if I were in a line up for someone to pick out who might be a crossdresser I would not be picked. And during that line up I would be wearing a bra and panties.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    IDK, is being a coal miner masculine? Crawling around in deep, dark, dirty, wet underground mines! Plus I have played ice hockey most of my life. But then again there are women coal miners and we have women playing in our armature league. So who can say whats masculine anymore!
    I was a hard rock miner for 13 years.

Sure I have some traditionally male pursuits that I enjoy. Just like I enjoy some traditionally female pursuits, such as going out dressed to the 9s.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife often brings this topic up, she loves my duality of masculine and feminine traits. I love dressing to the nines with a great pair of heels, but I also love 4 wheeling and building bumpers or anything out of metal, road and roll racing my car, and I own a specialty construction company where I work outside everday( not great for tan lines lol)

Another one involved in the mining industry here. I prepare mining and reclamation plans for mining companies and try to keep them right with the environmental laws - mostly successful, but there are times ... I have to almost completely turn off Gretchen-mode when on the locations. Getting harder and harder to do that as that part of me continues to grow and occupy more real estate in my brain. But I manage. I find in general that mines are flooded with testosterone.

However, I do tend to treat employees a bit differently. In general complimenting somebody for doing a good job is not considered necessary. When I compliment someone for doing very well they seem surprised and I find they really appreciate it. I think they consider that to be a feminine behavior - I consider it essential. It is apparent that in this industry being empathic and compassionate is not commonly applied. Sad.

I've definitely got a "masculine" walk. I have several cameras in the house, one of which views a hallway between the great room and the office. I've watched recordings of myself walking up and down that hallway in both guy mode and girl mode. Same walk - go figure.

So I decided Jenn needed a more "feminine" walk. I've tried reminding myself to relax my body and let my hips move more when in girl mode. An improvement but still not there. Needs more practice I guess.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I live in different worlds. The Cd world which is fem . The sports world of rugby and football which is masc. The social side with friends which is masc. Work a bit of both depending upon the company I keep. No surprises really. I adapt to each situation.

Truthfully at this stage I would say none.
    There is nothing I do that is overtly masculine. Practically everything I do could be done by either a woman or a man.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I would say I have ugly male knees, and a male face. A GG friend did my makeup in my avatar picture, and I would say she got me the most feminine look I've ever had....just by contouring, and a very sparing amount of makeup. All my dresses and skirts hit just below my knees so they're covered...or I wear women's skinny jeans or dress slacks, with a modest women's blazer or jacket.

Thanks,
    Linda

I really had to learn how to be a guy back in the day as I was raised to embrace my feminine side.
    As some of you know, I was living as a girl, in my youth for 5 years and graduated high school and college as a girl.
    It was really tough to find a job as Candice and I was kind of talked into joining the military.
    So I joined the Navy, learned how to be a guy in bootcamp and was assigned to a F-14 Fighter Squadron aboard the USS Eisenhower.
    I became a Plane Captain on the flightdeck and eventually worked on the Tomcat's Avionic Black boxes.
    During shore duty, I lived off base as Candice, when I could....
    ...but the military wasn't for me so I got a honorable discharge after my 4 years of duty.
    It sure was a eye opener on how others live in the world and I grew up, living on and off as a girl.
    Next masculine thing was finally going in the closet to marry my current wife of 27 years and be a husband.
    She is independant enough to go off on her own and this allows me to reminise about those fun Candy days.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!