Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Despite being a crossdresser, In what aspects are you suprisingly masculine?

My most masculine trait is I can still cuss like a drunken sailor - which I was on occasion when on liberty while serving in the Navy in Vietnam. I reserve those moments for times when I am truly frustrated by something. Other than that, I don't know that anything I do, or the manner in which I do it, would be considered highly masculine or highly feminine.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Probably that i am always fixing stuff....cars, motorcycles, etc....
    Julianna Frances

Um - I still like girls?

On a more serious note, I find that my "thinking" style is often the stereotypically masculine mindset of "identify the problem and find the solution."
    Social interactions are difficult for me. I'm very awkward socially (but slowly improving), and sharing my feelings is terrifying.

Platinum Member
    I would probably turn this around and say that despite being whatever else I am, I can be deceptively masculine, given my physical stature.

I would say everything else I do besides wearing women's clothes. hunt, fish, camp, drinking beer, shooting, building and fixing things etc.

Aspiring Member
    its just the clothes. that's it.

For me, it's probably the fact that I enjoy working on cars, repairing and building stuff, working on electronics projects, etc. Obviously there are women who are into that too, but that's probably the most obvious "masculine" trait people would notice about me.

Only difference is PaulaJeanette; otherwise, I'm male.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

I still listen to heavy metal and punk music and watch WWF wrestling!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

YOU TELL ME.
    I'd say because I try to stay fit. My arms are thin but muscular. As are my legs. I also don't make any attempt at changing my voice.
    Basically, you have to work with what you've got. Some of us have more feminine attributes than others. Some have less.
    I saw a CD on the bus the other day. She was wearing a halter top and short shorts. A scarf was wrapped around head concealing the face. A hairy chest and a big hairy pot belly. She sat down, crossed her legs and rode for the next few stops.
    Whomever that was it took a lot of courage.
    Sometimes you just got to be you.
    Kudos.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 06-25-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Lots. The easiest would be communication style, and friendships.
    I can go for weeks, not saying a word to or from anyone else, doesn't seem abnormal to me at all. I'll often sit with a friend for hours, watching sports on TV without talking about anything at all; on the road, we'll often not say a single word to each other for hours, quite content to just listen to music. Women have practically screamed at me, 'TALK TO ME!!!!' if we're in the car for any length of time; they will chat on and on, but eventually feel the need for me to talk. About nothing in particular. Just talk. My male friends have confirmed that they get the same response if their mate is with them.
    Men tend to speak in what is called 'direct speech', and women, indirect speech.
    Women, OTOH, bond by talking to each other, and getting 'the silent treatment' from someone is the worst thing that someone can do to them. Men? We love silence.
    I remember a funny comic strip, the 'For better or worse' one. The mother is worried, because her son who just went off to college, hasn't called home for a few days; she's sure something terrible has happened. She mentions this to his dad; He replies, 'I'm sure nothing's wrong at all'. She asks how can he be sure? He responds, 'Because if there was something wrong, he'd call'.
    That explains the huge difference between how men and women communicate; We speak, to solve a perceived issue; women speak, just to talk (and it usually drives us nuts). As explained by John Gray, of 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' fame: 'When men have a problem and there's no solution, they will usually stop talking about it. OTOH, when women have a problem, and there's no solution, they will respond with, 'Well, at least we can talk about it!'.

Men bond with each other through shared activities, and we can go for decades without seeing or talking to someone, and then pick up right where we left off 40 years ago as if it were yesterday. After I retired, I started looking up friends that I had known back in my teens and twenties, and have traveled across the country to visit some guys I knew, and as mentioned, never felt like they were ignoring me; we just assumed that the other guy was busy in life; and we'd get to see them again someday if the circumstances were right for it (sadly I put off doing this for too long, and many had died off over the years).
    Another example: In his sixties, my dad went to his old American Legion hall, in the town where he grew up, on some reunion night, where some of his friends from back when he was in the navy, were going to be. I went along; I had heard his stories about the good times he had when he was on leave, and he wanted me to meet 'the guys'. This was in the late 80's; he hadn't seen them since they all came home from Okinawa in 1946, and were discharged from the service. They all got along great.
    Women, OTOH, will feel ignored by a friend if they don't hear from them OFTEN, such as at least every few days. Go for two weeks, and she will think she's being shunned by her friend, and longer than that, she'll definitely 'just know' that something is wrong.

If you're interested, you can learn more differences in the genders, in the books by Allan and Barbara Pease, such as 'Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I like trains and model railroading. I have a masculine tattoo from when I was in the military and I still follow with interest military affairs. While women do these things too, they are mainly pursuits followed by men.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    YOU TELL ME.
    I'd say because I try to stay fit. My arms are thin but muscular. As are my legs. I also don't make any attempt at changing my voice.
    Basically, you have to work with what you've got. Some of us have more feminine attributes than others. Some have less.
    I saw a CD on the bus the other day. She was wearing a halter top and short shorts. A scarf was wrapped around head concealing the face. A hairy chest and a big hairy pot belly. She sat down, crossed her legs and rode for the next few stops.
    Whomever that was it took a lot of courage.
    Sometimes you just got to be you.
    Kudos.
    The first time I went out dressed I wrapped my face in a scarf. Just goes to show whatever we have done somebody else has too!
    Last edited by char GG; 06-25-2022 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Topic not allowed
    Just another man in a dress

My most masculine attribute is my voice, both speaking and singing. I am the only true bass in my church choir and at times I have sung written notes down to C2, the two ledger line C below the bass staff. I have been showing up at choir rehearsals wearing a sleeveless maxi-dress, and I have a feminine figure and appearance. Yes, I do like to drink beer and whiskey and do woodworking.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

The response by sometimes_miss reminds me of something I often say to illustrate a point about the difference between how men and women communicate. Here goes: A woman can spend 30 minutes telling you about a 5 minute conversation she had with someone while a man can tell you in 5 seconds about a 30 minute conversation he had with someone.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

None.

I was born biologically male, therefore all my male traits are unsurprising.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How do I know I'm masculine?

Because when I'm not dressed, even when I'm out shopping for Sherry no one would ever guess I'm a crossdresser!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love competing in rose shows. Competition is usually male dominated, with just the occasional female. The guys need to show who is best.
    I've now reached the next level, in which I'm comfortable teaching others how to compete. And telling them my gardening objectives to achieve success.
    I've also gotten good at giving away roses so that the recipients have great success in growing their own roses!
    I'll time plant transfers so the weather is ideal for transplanting. I know enough about the local weather that even if they forget to water, the plants may still survive!

Marion

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Well, for one, I have a penis. I'd say that's pretty masculine