Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In what ways were you detected or almost detected while in guy mode?

Aspiring Member
    my lipstick was a little bright when i ran into wife's friend. super bright sun and she was wearing dark sunglasses so not sure if she noticed. wife hasnt said anything yet

I keep my legs and underarms hair-free all the time. Hard to hide at the pool, but no one says anything to me or my wife about it.

We?re currently on vacation and were going sea kayaking today. We were just going to wear sneakers, and on vacation I pretty much live in them. They told us they would get really wet, everyone except my wife and I had sandals or flip flops, and there I am with pink painted toenails. Thought I would have to come up with something clever, but nobody said a word, and I?m not sure anybody saw. ?Crisis averted?
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 06-24-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

As reported a couple of weeks ago when it happened, I wasn't detected so much as I outed myself. A lady who works where I volunteer mentioned she saw me at the area Ross Dress For Less store. She asked if I bought anything. Since I hadn't noticed her, I didn't know how much, or how little, of my shopping she had witnessed. Thus, not be caught in a lie I told her I had purchased a dress. She asked how my wife liked it. Again, the long and short of it is I told her I purchased it for myself as I'm a crossdresser. I'm certain she had previously felt the back closure and strap adjusters on my bralette on 2 occasions; so, I thought there was no future in trying to be deceptive. She was quite nice and not at all judgmental about it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

My dental hygienist was the first (and only) to notice my shaved legs, but she assumed it was because I was a biker (I do triathlons). She said she dated a guy who was a biker so that's why she knew.

Today I was at Sephora buying foundation, as I had almost run out. I took the old bottom with me but the products have changed so they didn't have my current blend. The SA asked something like the coloring of the woman I was buying for and I just pointed to myself. It took a couple of seconds for her to figure out what I was indicating. She then helped me find a reasonable replacement by putting samples on my face, in public of course. She didn't care and I didn't care and I showed her a recent picture of Dee at Pride.

So even though I was buying foundation at Sephora, the SA assumed it was for a woman. People don't likely suspect us as anything out of the ordinary. We inflate our fears by about 1000%.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I forgot to mention before, but I was definitely detected when buying women's clothes and shoes, because I always try them before buying. It can't be more obvious then trying women's shoes in the middle of the store or going with women's clothes in a dressing room. Especially if it's a store for women's clothes or women's department.

I believe with us and more my wife we have a lot of slip ups verbally. We are very comfortable talking to each other and don't realize it in stores that she's asking me if I want this or something will look good on me. Just a few weeks back my wife bought a dress and I tried it on and she told her girlfriend by accident how the dress looked better on me.
    I told a few family members how much better my bras feel and my pantyhose don't roll down anymore since I lost some weight. I don't know if they thought I was joking or they just weren't listening but nobody said anything.

Platinum Member
    If it is Halloween and you run around town to all the Payless Shoe stores and buy size 12 & 13 heels that may give the sales associates a hint they guy is a cross dresser shopping under the cover of Halloween. I did that one year. At one store the male manager told me there was a BOGO Half Off sale going on and did I want to buy a second pair. I thought that surely would give me away. He also asked if I needed hosiery. Nope. Off to another Payless. I ended up with three pairs from three stores.

I went to a party after an afternoon of CD-ing.

While I was talking to two girls they asked why I was wearing mascara.

Of course I denied I was wearing any.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

thats great you were so open and upfront about it. I think most would not believe it or just pass it off as a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

One time on a zoom staff meeting, the subject of false eye lashes came up. I mentioned that they were hard to put on. Another guy blurted out "I wouldn't know". Chuckles, etc.

Nothing came of it and I'm not even in that dept. anymore, but it was a fun thing to throw in there.
    Last edited by Patience; 06-26-2022 at 01:06 PM. Reason: It's a secret.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    If it is Halloween and you run around town to all the Payless Shoe stores and buy size 12 & 13 heels that may give the sales associates a hint they guy is a cross dresser shopping under the cover of Halloween.
    Yes to this, and I would add that if you are a man, in a Payless store, buying size 12 or larger heels, at any time of year, the sales staff assumes you are a crossdresser, and doesn't really care.

My female cousin has 'friend and family' get togethers on Summer holidays. I got my brother to go there this past Memorial Day and one cousin was showing the other an antique ring that was handed down from their grandmother.

I happen to have a couple of rings that my mother had that have the same purple stone, and I've worn them when CDing a few times. So I blurted out that grandma Marion had rings like that too. Cousin Janet said she wondered what happened to them and I didn't say a word!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

One day during a training at work in one small meeting room, during a coffee break I got alone with the instructor (recurrent person because was a long course that took 2 sessions per week during months), suddenly she asked me if I had my ears pierced because she explained that she can see the marks in my lobes, It was like 20 years ago, I was in my late 20?s and I got in semi-panic mode.
    I answered that they were moles instead of holes, and nothing was said after that.

Certainly she was no the only one that could noticed that, but has been the only time I got a comment like that.
    Dianna Ericka

Today I noticed a man walking in front of whose peach-colored thong was sticking out above his belt line. I caught up to him and I told him I really liked his thong. We had a civil and unembarrassed talk about good-fitting thongs. The conversation only lasted a few minutes,

I took the morning off school to dress up..mascara, eye liner, eye shadow etc. When I got there in the afternoon I thought I had cleaned off all my make up but had the remains of my blue eye shadow in the corner of my eye. Someone commented but I dont remember anything more being said

Things that have been called out...

I explained the term "racer-back" as a form of bra to a female friend. The other women noticed.

At a holiday game stuffing small balloons into a pair of pantyhose it was clear I knew how to handle pantyhose as well as my wife. We won the game of course.

Hairless legs and arm pits have been noticed.

Items being purchased in a check lane have been noticed. The 20 something girl said "this will look good on you, its for you isn't it?" That was the first time anyone said anything like that to me and caught me off guard. I turned 8 shades of red and didn't have a response. She flashed a friendly smile and kept ringing.

I suppose I would have to add the fact that I've been smooth and hairless all over for over 15 years.
    When I first removed all the hair I expected the gawking and laughing and comments but they never came. Only 2 people ever said anything and one would kid with me now and then. I would see her and since I mostly wore shorts she would run her hand over my leg and say "mmm smooth" and I say they better be I just shaved them. She would also comment on how nice they felt and looked which was so nice to hear.

I was at a customer's office one time in late fall and it was cold. The receptionist saw me wearing shorts and asked if my legs weren't cold. I said no and since she had a skirt on I said aren't yours. She replied No that she was wearing pantyhose so I said gee maybe I should try that. We both laughed. How little did she know ...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Despite my earlier post, I've since had an experience that could have lead to my being detected.

On Wednesday last week I had a Jenn day complete with a full face of makeup. It took me a long time that night to clean it off my face. It seemed that no matter how many times I went over the areas there was still some color coming off. The next day I had a facial and realizing that I might have missed some of the makeup I covered for it by using a tinted moisturizer that morning. Sure enough, during the facial the tech was commenting on how nice my skin was and I told her that I regularly moisturize using a variety of products, which that day was the tinted moisturizer. She said something to the effect that she noticed a bit of color when doing the facial and that was (almost) the end of it.

I say "almost" because at the end of the service she mentioned that she had applied a tinted moisturizer so that I was good to go the rest of the day.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not a mistake but it is too obvious that my chest is not one of a typical male. Not hiding them anymore. Yesterday I stopped at a convenient store and as I was paying I noticed that the checkout guy was staring at my breasts as I was staring at his sparkly blue finger nail polish. Lol.
    Oh that so made me giggle with a little envy Karen. Heck I'm '6ft 4 ins size 13 wide feet, hands like shovels. I could stand there in my best dress, made up to the nines and every one present would see a guy. Should that matter? Well alas it still does matter to me and more importantly, to my wife. So I remain in the closset. Love and loyalty are powerful and wondeffull afflictions.
    Last edited by Jane G; 06-28-2022 at 08:26 PM.

I once wore clear shinny nail polish out while in guy mode after leaving it on when I was testing makeup ideas the prior evening. I didn't think it was noticeable, but my wife said it was when the light reflected off the nails a certain way. She said they were abnormally shinny for a guy. We did all our errands with no comments or stares from people we interacted with.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Like Misty and others, manicured nails with clear nail polish. My wife commented on it, too. I often wear thigh highs, no socks and have had a couple stares and smiles. She noticed my bra straps were showing, so I changed shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I keep my legs and underarms hair-free all the time. Hard to hide at the pool, but no one says anything to me or my wife about it.
    A guy can be fully waxed these days. Luckily for me hehehe

Well, there's a list.

1. Wearing ballet flats with my suit.
    2. Wearing pink earrings in male mode.
    3. Wearing red nail polish in male mode (on my fingernails).
    4. Walking shoeless through the metal detector at the airport wearing sheer pantyhose and red painted toenails.
    5. Getting patted down at the airport wearing a bra.
    6. Going to the emergency room and disrobing wearing lace trimmed nylon panties. (Three different times.)
    7. Going to a picnic wearing jeans with white embroidery all up the legs.
    8. Wearing a charm bracelet to church.
    9. Almost going out with friends wearing bright red lipstick — wiped off in the car.

I'm sure there are others, but it gets hard to remember after so many.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_cder View Post
    I once wore clear shinny nail polish out while in guy mode after leaving it on when I was testing makeup ideas the prior evening. I didn't think it was noticeable, but my wife said it was when the light reflected off the nails a certain way. She said they were abnormally shinny for a guy. We did all our errands with no comments or stares from people we interacted with.
    I guess my toenails are abnormally shiny because I am always wearing women's sandals, a professional pedicure, fire engine red polish on my toenails, and two 14k toe rings. I have a fem hairstyle and carry a women's purse. In my normal feminine male mode, I wonder if they have figured out that I'm playing for the girl's team? 👡😀
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.