Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In what ways were you detected or almost detected while in guy mode?

1. Left the house wearing the cute dangling earrings with the feathers, something no male would wear.
    2. Again left for work, forgetting to remove my pink nail polish. Fortunately, I had some solvents in the car and was quickly able to remove it before walking in to work.
    3. One of the women at work spotted my ad on plentyoffish; put together the approximate
    area, age, physical description, and type of profession, and assumed it was me. Which of course it was, but I managed to behave surprised enough, for doubt to get into her and her friend's mind, and I never heard about it again. I deleted that ad a couple of days later.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The only time I am 100% sure of is one Saturday morning shopping a BOGO sale at Payless; I just finished trying on several pairs of heels and the sales lady and I were carrying the boxes to the front when I ran into a co-worker. The boxes were open so he could see they were super-high platform heels and not work boots or sneakers. He said "Hello" and "Been doing some shopping?", to which I replied, "You can't beat Payless when they have a BOGO!" He grinned a Cheshire cat grin and that was the end of it. He has not mentioned it to this day.

I had a guy in a locker room mention my shaved legs once. A former secretary once commented that I did not remove all my eyeliner.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I wear leggings, and jean leggings all the time, home, gym, work, out and about, etc. Recently I started wearing ballet flats out to some stores and also nails a few times. I think by this time most people I see have already formed some conclusion. No one has said anything to this point but i'm sure I will get a comment some day. I don't think, as many have commented here and on other posts, people really care one way or another what you wear or what you identify as. I've become more confident since I internally accepted myself as transgender. I do make accommodations for family and close friends though.

I have been wearing Birkenstocks for the past couple of years. Not the ugly ones that they are known for, but the ones with skinnier straps. They have been marketed as unisex, but to this day i have never met another male wearing that style. A girl i am in a music group with (she sings, i play an instrument) mentioned to me one day that she wore her Birks so we could be "twinsies" (i'm not sure that's even a word...). She came over and did that thing women do with each other where she put her foot right beside mine to compare the color. In a whisper, "OMG, are you wearing nail polish?". A point of clarification here: I don't like nasty looking toes, so i found a color very close to skin tone, and topped it with a matte finish, so it's hard to tell unless you're looking right at it. I've been doing it now for two years and nobody (not even my daughter that lives at home) has noticed. Or at least said anything to me about it. Ok back to story now. After she noticed the polish, i just kind of whispered back "I can't stand gross looking toes with sandals, so i do what i can to make mine presentable". I had pulled my foot out to make my toes more visible then she touched my arm and said "OMG you even have a Mayari tan line..." (that's the style). Since then, she makes sure to point out her shoes to me, especially when she wears heels. A third person overheard us one day when we were having a coffee break and commented that she didn't know how my friend wears heels that high for any length of time. Before i could think or stop myself i commented back "it just takes plenty of practice". My friend shot me a kind of a knowing but kind of a questioning grin. She has never asked about anything other than shoes. Not sure if anything more is suspected or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyGreene View Post
    I have been wearing Birkenstocks for the past couple of years. Not the ugly ones that they are known for, but the ones with skinnier straps.
    Tiffany, I got the Mayari tan line as well. I use to wear the two wide strap Birkenstocks, but after my daughter got the Mayari sandals I order them as well. Only issue, to get them in my size, I had to order them from Europe.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I had a guy in a locker room mention my shaved legs once. A former secretary once commented that I did not remove all my eyeliner.
    You should have asked him why he is looking at your legs?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

"OMG, are you wearing nail polish?". A point of clarification here: I don't like nasty looking toes, so i found a color very close to skin tone, and topped it with a matte finish, so it's hard to tell unless you're looking right at it. I've been doing it now for two years and nobody (not even my daughter that lives at home) has noticed. Or at least said anything to me about it. Ok back to story now. After she noticed the polish, i just kind of whispered back "I can't stand gross looking toes with sandals, so i do what i can to make mine presentable".
    You might want to try red nail polish with your Birkenstocks. I have been getting professional pedicures for years and wearing red polish on my toenails. I get many compliments from women. It is such a liberating feeling. I also wear a feminine hairstyle and carry a women's purse. Nail polish of all colors on men is becoming a fashion thing. Google "nail polish on men" and you will see how many men are wearing it.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    You should have asked him why he is looking at your legs?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

You might want to try red nail polish with your Birkenstocks. I have been getting professional pedicures for years and wearing red polish on my toenails. I get many compliments from women. It is such a liberating feeling. I also wear a feminine hairstyle and carry a women's purse. Nail polish of all colors on men is becoming a fashion thing. Google "nail polish on men" and you will see how many men are wearing it.
    I will keep this short because i don't want to derail the topic!

Oh, i would LOVE to have red toenail polish! I can only push my DADT envelope so far... my wife would definitely be against red polish. She was against polish for me at all, until i showed her i was already wearing it, with a matte top coat, and had been for two months, with nobody noticing. So i will have to be happy with my very neutral color and my girly birkenstocks. Hey at least my toenails aren't nasty like most guys! If toenail polish goes truly mainstream for guys i will be first in line!

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I keep my body mostly shaved and I am always a little nervous in the locker room. One time a guy had me somewhat cornered and he was obviously checking me out. When my little friend popped up he smiled and gave me a thumbs up. When I occasionally see him now he always has a friendly smile for me and takes a look, but has never said a word to me.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I do hope so Traci.

Banned Read only
    I guess my plucked eyebrows and shaved legs are a somewhat of a tell

Banned Read only
    When I was in my first year of college, I shaved and waxed my body, and often wore sheer energy under my jeans. I would wear low top chucks or slip on sneakers with no socks, so I wasn't really trying to hide anything. Guys never noticed but girls did all the time.

I was in a Kohls store looking at tunic tops, took a couple and hung them on the end of the rack to see them better. Lady walking by commented. " you look as though you really know what you are doing". Not sure if it was a question or a warning or just an observation.

A couple of years ago I had a free morning so took the opportunity to dress in a summer dress and all the underwear.

In the afternoon, back in drab, I joined my family and friends at the beach. I went swimming. When I came out of the water, the bra strap marks on my back were accentuated by the cold water.

Some noticed as I got a few subtle suggestions about entering a fancy dress in drag. I only worked out the reason after.

I will keep this short because i don't want to derail the topic!

Oh, i would LOVE to have red toenail polish! I can only push my DADT envelope so far... my wife would definitely be against red polish. She was against polish for me at all, until i showed her i was already wearing it, with a matte top coat, and had been for two months, with nobody noticing. So i will have to be happy with my very neutral color and my girly birkenstocks. Hey at least my toenails aren't nasty like most guys! If toenail polish goes truly mainstream for guys i will be first in line!
    Nail polish for men will never completely go mainstream even though it is enjoying a lot of popularity as you can see if you google "men wearing nail polish". It will always be an alternative fashion like earrings for men.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Couple instances
    1. While sitting at a conference table of a meeting during a break one of two girls still sitting at the table passed a bottle of nail polish over to me. My nails was long but no polish on them. I said nothing and passed it back to her. She’s a major office gossip.
    2. One of the owners of the company asked me if I shave my chest, I said yes, end of conservation.

1. The two girls that passed you the nail polish most likely know. It may be fun to get with them after work and let them polish your nails.

2. I think that it is very inappropriate for one of the owners of the company to ask you if you shave your chest. I am completely blown away by this unless the person has no HR training or is a complete hillbilly. It is unprofessional, none of their business, and borders on harassment.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-10-2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

I go for mani pedis every four weeks but only get clear on my fingers. Last month just days before my appointment a client commented on how she couldn?t believe how good my nails looked. They were quite long for a guy.

Well I was wearing GG jeans.
    They were Lee Riders Jeans it was high waist but not to feminine but it was noticed.

I love wearing gg Jeans

A family friend / employee asked if I was wearing polish on my nails. It was Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in a clear coat. I have a problem with my nails cracking and splitting. I told him as much.
    He has a trans sister, so I'm not surprised that he noticed.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Back in the day, eyebrows brought on the questions. Plucked and well groomed.

hello,
    when under-dressing a woman "accidentally" brushed against my back perhaps to feel my bra strap!
    When i left home one morning i heard a young child say "Mummy, why is that man wearing make up?"
    And I always have to be careful when bending down to pick things up!
    luv J

Involving myself in a conversation some lady friends were having about various women's fashions. If you can speak coherently about dresses and shoes, hairstyles, and lament the lack of hosiery in fashion anymore.... you give big clues. The 3xcuse of being raised in a female filled household and having wore some of the garments for Halloween only stretch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    1. The two girls that passed you the nail polish most likely know. It may be fun to get with them after work and let them polish your nails.

2. I think that it is very inappropriate for one of the owners of the company to ask you if you shave your chest. I am completely blown away by this unless the person has no HR training or is a complete hillbilly. It is unprofessional, none of their business, and borders on harassment.
    1. Both of these girls typically make comments about other people. The girl that shoved the nail polish over to me made a comment one time about our HR manager being gay because he uses purple sticky notes, yes she used that about him.
    Again, both of these girls are just not very nice people.

2. The owner guy that made the comment about my shaven chest and I are sort of company friends. We've had drinks together several times at functions and his home, it was an innocent comment by him.

I mentioned both these instances to join in the conversation.

Since covid I've let my hair grow so far to my shoulder blades. I've gotten a few comments from men about being a hippie to compliments from a few women. If your a guy and let your nails and hair grow much longer than the present norm I think its normal to get comments one way or another.
    The girl at work shoving the nail polish over to me is out of line, shes simply a nasty person most don't care for so I just didn't respond which shut her right down!

My very long hair, of course!
    But last week my dental hygienist said when working on my teeth: "OMG, your skin is so soft....I don't really feel any beard at all". I loved her for saying that....