Thread: Girl Crush

Girl Crush

Has anyone listen to "I Have a Girl Crush" by Little Big Town? For me this a song that resignates deep within on Feminine envey and I am wondering is this is something we all can relate to ............. wishing to be female ? ....................Debra
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 07-05-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    An interesting song, I will listen to it again. From one run through I can relate being a married crossdresser. However I feel/fear some times my female side goes beyond this song. However as long as I love my life time partner/wife, I will never look further into that side of who I am.

I had not heard this song, but it surely does resonate through some aspects of our shared experience. Who among us has not admired someone else - CD,TG or GG - and wished they could take on some of those qualities as well, experience the world as she has or might still? I know I do!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

That song is about wishing she was the girl her ex is with now. Not because she?s ?better? or something to aspire to, but just because she has the man the persona wants? but if you get something out of it more power to you.

I find it interesting that this draws us into something which is a deep debate in philosophy today: who owns the meaning of a text, the author or the reader?

Micki, I know what the songs intentions are but I identify with the longing and envy I feel for the feminine, not that she wants to replace her competition ...........................Debra

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just another reason why I've never cared about the words to music or songs I like!

I just enjoy listening to the beat or melody. If I want meaningful philosophy I'll open a book or the web!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I read the title I was thinking you were asking if any of us have had a crush on another gurl. Boy was I wrong you were talking about song lyrics that resonates with you.
    Yes I do have a bit of a crush but a gurl never tells. LOL
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

Debra, I had never heard of it till your post. I gave it it a listen and I can definitely relate.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I hadn't even been aware of this song. Thanks for introducing me!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.