Just needed to share my most recent failure to make progress.

Lately, I'd begun to believe that my lovely wife was slightly loosening up on her hard-line boundaries when it comes to my dressing.

Apparently, I was wrong.

A while ago, she brought out a pair of sandals she had, saying that they didn't fit right and she was going to donate them - unless I wanted them. Well, they do look nice and I definitely did want them. So - she donated them to me, but commented that they were "pretty feminine" and I shouldn't be wearing them out anywhere. That was fine with me, and I reserved them for trips into the back yard or the shop area in the garage.

Well - yesterday was one such occasion, but I didn't immediately take them back off when I came back inside. I was dressed fully drab on the outside EXCEPT for the sandals, and I made the comment that I'd found a use for them.

Her immediate response was "They're freaking me out." So, of course, I took them off in respect for her feelings.

But let me say this:
I can hang around the house in things like a short pink nightie, fuzzy bathrobe, and slippers without any issue at all.
But if I wear a these sandals with regular male clothes - even for only a couple minutes, it freaks her out?

I just don't get it.

I guess it's a reminder that the boundary walls of what she's willing to put up with, haven't moved at all.
<sigh>