Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Visual Illusion: CD's, how and why is that important to you?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Female Visual Illusion: CD's, how and why is that important to you?

I realize trans that r out mostly present to the degree of fem self they feel they r inside. When possible. And, most r not trying to fool anyone!

However, many of us CD's use as many tricks as we can to present a very female illusion.

My question is to those of u that go to these extremes: Where do u go, why is this so important, and who r u trying to fool?

I may use more "tricks" than anyone here. Because I need to fool myself into seeing a pretty female in my mirror!

When I'm out I KNOW I pass as an attractive, young woman from behind. But, never from the front!
    If I could fool Muggles I would. But, since I can't except with a mask, on Halloween. I must remain satisfied with the visual illusion I present to myself and I am!

How about your "female illusion", CD's? Is looking attractive and sexy important to u? If so, who do u do it for, where, and how's that going?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-25-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    When Tina takes over so many things change, such as voice, language, deportment... Even standing at the kitchen counter naturally leads to a feminine pose. All of that is incongruous with my masculine side. It is completely natural to feel longer hair, lipstick, and stockings;to smell Tina's particular perfume; and to feel the sensations of her clothes. It is the entire package that makes sense to her and gives her the ability to focus on who she is.

While it can be wrong to generalise, for many women their appearance matters and for me it's the same. I want to make "The package" look right.

Forms, wigs, padding, makeup all contribute to the whole and I'm always seeking to be stylishly dressed and by that I mean an outfit appropriate for the time and place that consists of elements that look good together.

I to don't pass close up and from the front. If they can't see my face then I hope I look like any other female. I'm not seeking attention.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    My goal, I stated years ago to myself, was to see what I would have looked like had I been born a female. By using the correct clothing, makeup and photo angles. I never could seem to "fix" the image in my mind for a long time.

Hi Doc,

When I go out my goal is to present as and be perceived as a woman to the best of my ability. I just want people to see me the way I wish I was and the way I feel inside. I dress to blend and usually go to a nearby city to just do the normal things that any other person might do. I don't really like the term "trying to fool" as in my mind that connotates malicious intent though I suppose that is what I'm doing. My bag of tricks is just forms, pads, makeup and comportment.

I am trying to present the best female image I can. Apparently the entire process fills a deep need inside me that has gone unanswered through most of my life. Perhaps because I am still quite new to actively CDing, I still find it sensual as well. If I can make myself look better through makeup, wardrobe and "enhancements" the experience and the fantasy will be heightened. I am not trying to put one over on anyone, for me its much more fantasy than illusion, and at present very much a solo one. However, I do enjoy the attention greatly if someone likes my photos and presentation.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Banned Read only
    I don't know about any of you, but I'm not trying to fool anyone. I simply try to look my best, just as I try to look my best when I'm out in drab. There's something to be said about putting effort into your appearance. It radiates confidence and positive energy. Of course, anyone who is paying attention will notice that I'm not a cis woman. That doesn't matter. I look good. I feel good. People notice. They react accordingly.

Even when I?m not presenting as Kimberly she?s there doing her thang

I love the illusion I create for myself. My wife tells me that I look like a man. My body shape and large shoulders are a give away.

But here is the part that is starting to scare me. I dress every day for about 8 hours. This has got to be having a effect on my brain and my outside persona.
    Today I feel real good about my look. Other days not so much.

So, I think my trick in the mirror is getting to be less a trick and how I really look.

Am I turning Trans? I heard somewhere that the difference between Crossdressers and Trans is about 5 years. I am in my 3rd year of doing this "hobby" .

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    While it can be wrong to generalise, for many women their appearance matters and for me it's the same. I want to make "The package" look right.

Forms, wigs, padding, makeup all contribute to the whole and I'm always seeking to be stylishly dressed and by that I mean an outfit appropriate for the time and place that consists of elements that look good together.

I to don't pass close up and from the front. If they can't see my face then I hope I look like any other female. I'm not seeking attention.
    Most people that think they pass really don't. But, I KNOW I pass from the back, Helen! When I'm in clubs watching the dance floor, guys will walk by me to get a look at my face. When they do? They look shocked, frightened, and run away as fast as they can!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I try to blend in wherever I go and I am extremely gratified that I am perceived as just another woman by both men & women. I am not trying to fool anyone but I am very fortunate in that I pass in many casual situations using a combination of appropriate attire, forms, a wig, lipstick, jewelry and as many feminine mannerisms as I can think of.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

We all love the illusion and may be trying to kid ourselves. I know i dont pass but its all about how it makes me feel and always has been. I have always been drawn to people that are different and dont want to be the same myself. Everyone is at different levels on this forum but have the same thing in common. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a nightclub with Sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    [...]I'm not trying to fool anyone. I simply try to look my best, just as I try to look my best when I'm out in drab. There's something to be said about putting effort into your appearance. It radiates confidence and positive energy. Of course, anyone who is paying attention will notice that I'm not a cis woman. That doesn't matter. I look good. I feel good. People notice. They react accordingly.
    This.

I feel other people are more likely to take one's crossdressing seriously if they perceive that we are serious about it. I like to think I may pass as a very tall woman under the right conditions, but I consider my presentation to be a success if the average person isn't 100% certain right off the bat. I know it is game over when they hear my voice.

Putting on one's best possible look is also a safety issue, as the better one blends in, the less likely one is to be harrassed.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm sorry, Patience, but this thread is NOT about trans who go out dressed every day or CD's dressing to blend so no one notices them. It's about those CD's who go to extraordinary lengths to look sexy, attractive, and feminine to the extreme! And, their reasons for doing that.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-25-2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

Platinum Member
    I stand back from mirrors in our home. My male feature face isn't going away. At six foot and 200 pounds I am not fooling anybody when taking a stroll. My adventures out of the home are evening strolls in the early darkness. The evenings are usually cool; I love the fall the best. A light rain is great as a large umbrella can be tilted to obscure my face and somewhat conceal my height if I pass humanoids.

My goal is to blend So I dress for the local. The mall or city sidewalk its usually flats, jeans, fem blouse, jewelry, padding were need and makeup for beard cover and the fem illusion. Of course if its the drag club were even the 5'4" female has trouble passing I glam it up because everyone for the most part knows you're in drag.
    I like to blend and pass and to the casual observe I probably do but under close exam forget it. I am a man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I always try to look the best I can in any situation. I know I don't always succeed, but I enjoy the process of presenting myself as Deborah.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm sorry, Patience, but this thread is NOT about trans who go out dressed every day or CD's dressing to blend so no one notices them. It's about those CD's who go to extraordinary lengths to look sexy, attractive, and feminine to the extreme! And, their reasons for doing that.
    Already? But I just got here!

Now that you have clarified your meaning (thank you), I reread your OP and did not see the words "Sexy", or "Attractive" anywhere. I read the title "Female Visual Illusion: CD's, how and why is that important to you?", and went from there. Please also note the absence of the words "sexy" and "attractive" in the title.

If you want the right answers, Doc, please be sure you are asking the right question!

Xox,

P��
    Last edited by char GG; 06-25-2022 at 02:21 PM. Reason: The quote you referred to was removed

For me, it's to resolve the cognitive dissonance of part of my mind telling me I'm female, and my body being male. So I use as much sensory feedback as I can, to support the concept that I am female. The most obvious are the pretty, long hair wigs, which I sometimes braid with little ribbon bows on the ends, or just leave free, so I have to almost constantly brush the hair out of my face, or have to be extra careful to avoid getting it in my food. Of course, the jewelry, nail polish, every sight of clothing or tactile sensation of fabric which doesn't exist in the male world of attire, my girl shoes definitely feel different, the ever so clinking of my dangling earrings provide 'music to my ears', telling me that I'm a girl.
    So it's a collection of input for the senses, which makes this boy, feel like he's a real girl, and it works quite well, as long as, of course, I avoid mirrors (I only have one full length mirror, on the back of my bedroom door, and the bathroom mirror isn't much bigger than a standard letter size sheet of paper, so I tape up a picture of a woman's face that I would like to be). For I can only see the clothes, the bumps where female breasts exist (I have 'suffered' from gynecomastia since about age 9, either a curse or blessing, depending on whether I'm presenting as a male at the gym showers, or at home being the girl I wanted to be). And that's what I need to feel normal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Patience, thank u for correcting me!

No worries.

And, to try to answer your question in the way I think you mean it, I am not sure sexiness and attractiveness are things that require going to extremes for because either one is sexy/attractive or one isn't. It is not about degrees. Either you have it or you don't or, to put it in another way, to be or not to be - that is the question.

I think sexiness and attractiveness fall under what I think are called "soft skills". It has to do with how one carries oneself and relates to others. Intelligence, confidence, a good sense of humor, being well-read, being a good listener, having better than average good manners /etiquette, having an ability to empathize with other people and all other similar traits combined result in someone being perceived as sexy/attractive...or not.

Me? I'm laden with the affliction of being too damn sexy for my own good, but I have sworn not to use my powers for evil ends. You're welcome.

Once again we're going down different roads, Patience.

I'm only referring to a dresser's appearance as they past by. And, most of the things u find "attractive" can't be seen in a person walking by!

I've found many of the traits u mentioned in dressers I've met. But, in some cases it's taken many years to discover them!

After all that? I put some work into that response, you know.

It sounds like what you really want to know is how sl*tty folks are prepared to dress to impress others. Is that it?
    Last edited by Patience; 06-26-2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: The word s-l-u-t is taboo, apparently.

Bingo! Or, closer anyway!

Why didn't you say that (or something close to that) in the first place?

Speaking for myself, I am primarily working on improving my cleavage, so I'm favoring low cut tops, but that's it.