Thread: The Frequent Flier

The Frequent Flier

I?ve been up since 4 AM, an early flight, I tell everyone it?s so I can get there in time to prepare for my meetings the next day. If they knew the truth they would be surprised, or perhaps ?shocked? would be a better word.

The airport has energy, a vibe, a current of movement and change. People are in a state of flux, business deals, money made and lost, love found, divorces, farewells, reunions, new babies and trips homes for a funeral, a river of life. I watch them, businessmen and women, grandparents on a visit, tourists, college students, and the visitor whose brief return is over. But I mostly focus on the women; in them I see myself.

You see that?s my secret. How I envy them and long to be a member of their sorority. The anticipation in me grows; soon I think I?ll join them. I will shed this facade of masculinity that I have been forced to wear. I?ll leave this city, this life, and role behind. I sigh and close my eyes trying to sleep as the plane lifts off. It will be a busy day, I?ll need my rest.

The baggage claim, the rental car bus, the ride to the hotel, it?s a different city, but the same routine. I smile and exchange pleasantries with the hotel clerk.

?Welcome? she chimes, ?Are you in town for business or pleasure?? she asks.

I hesitate slightly before responding, ?Actually both, I have a meeting tomorrow but today I?m meeting one of my sisters for and lunch and shopping.?

I laugh to myself, If she only knew what I meant by ?sister.?

The hotel, is quiet and empty; everyone is out and about. As I ride the elevator up, my enthusiasm and expectation grows. I push the huge suitcase down the hall the wheels sticking on the carpet. Finally we arrive at the door. I insert the card, it clicks and we are in. I toss the suitcase up onto the bed. It opens, and out from underneath the slacks and BVDs I pull a black bag, I lay it across the bed and unzip it.

It?s good to see them again, my purse and the pink makeup case, a pair of pumps, several skirts, tops, bras, panties, pantyhose and jewelry. A sales receipt spills out from my last trip. It?s from Nordstrom. Oh, yes, I remember now, it?s from the M.A.C counter. I had bought new foundation. The sales associate, her name was Lisa, was so friendly and helpful.

?Thank you Lisa,? I say to myself.

I read the date it was over a month ago. That?s too long? much too long.

I let the warm water of the shower melt away any uncertainty. That part of me from that now distant city protests ?Why are you doing this? You?re foolish! You?re a man, a husband, a father!?

But I don?t listen to that voice anymore, I know better now. The feminine scent of the shaving cream and the unveiled smoothness of my legs calm me. I feel her take hold inside me.

I dry myself off, then spray on some perfume, I breath the aroma in, the scent is satisfying, almost like a drug, I feel it trigger certain parts of my brain, as if they were dormant, but now are called to life, they burst forward igniting senses and desires no longer forced hidden.

I become a little hurried now. As I put on my foundation garments, a female silhouette takes shape in the mirror, the padding and forms do their job. I feel a slight disappointment that I need them at all. My eyes go to juncture of my thighs, the curvature of my lower abdomen, it looks so female. Maybe, I think, someday? it will be.

I sit down and start my makeup. I?ve become practiced, better than most women, the foundations goes on with a M.A.C brush. Oh, yes, I think, I have all the tools. Then I apply powder. I brush it off softly creating an even matte finish; next I contour, then I highlight.

Slowly I trace the brows; their arch brings another hint of femininity to my face. This time they came out perfect, I?m pleased.

The eyes are important; I take my time getting them just right, the shadow, the liner and finally the mascara.

The lips are next. I trace a cupid?s bow with the lip liner bringing my upper lip closer to my nose, an important feminine feature. I finish with two shades of lipstick; my lips take on a fullness and depth. Some blush, and then a touch-up and I?m done.

Not bad, I think, but there?s still more. I clip on my earrings, a gold bracelet, a watch, a diamond engagement ring, and on the other hand a birth stone. Today I?ll be wearing a skirt with a red jacket. I step into the skirt, pull it up and then zip it. It fits nicely. I smooth it running my hands over the curves on my hips. Then I slip a dark blouse over my head I pull the buttons close over my bust, yes, my ?bust,? I muse; I like the way they look. Next, I put on my jacket.

Finally the icing must go on the cake, I lightly place the wig on my head; ?boys have short hair girls have long hair? I mouth these words softly.

I step toward the mirror; there she is ?Paula,? a huge smile flashes across my face, a giddiness takes over, a sense of relief. I primp in the mirror then pack my purse, credit cards, license, cash, and room key. I primp in the mirror again. My nails! I forgot my nails, it takes a few minutes, but they?re pretty, a press-on French manicure --- just the right feminine detail.

I check my purse again. I?m nervous, there?s a bit of trepidation as I stand in front of the door. Faintly I hear his voice pulling me back. ?Noooo I shake my head!"

I look in the mirror, she smiles at me. You can do this. I?m out the door; there is a sense of wonder I?m doing it. I ride down in the elevator, the doors open and I?m in the lobby. I walk over and grab a bottle of water from the market. I ask the clerk softly, ?Can you put this on room 314??

?Sure? she smiles, ?Anything else Ma?am??

?Ma?am,? I say to myself, yes, she said Ma?am --- my heart sores.

I?m out the door and the cadence of heels on the pavement announces a woman is here. I?ve escaped, if only for the day, but I?m free and I?m flying!

Attachment 329524
    Last edited by char GG; 06-24-2022 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Very nice thread, however, you posted a picture yesterday. You must wait seven days to post another thread with a picture

This is a beautifully written post. I hope everyone sees it, as you've captured the experience in words - not easy to do. Thank you, you've made my day!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

You have captured the feelings , anticipation and process perfectly. The attention to detail is perfection. Thank you for sharing.

Nicely worded post. Very well put.

Excellent post - hope you enjoyed your day out

Paula,

Wonderfully written!
    I know exactly how you feel.

Suzi Q

This is an epic post, Paula; in a way, it reminds me of "High Flight." For some of us here who cannot dress fully, we must live vicariously through stories like this.

Platinum Member
    Love it! Especially the moment when you say to yourself, I can do this. I have said that to myself so many times.

Very well written. I thing you summed up the emotions well.

Wow! I can't wait for an opportunity like this one. Very well written, Paula.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

That is a perfect description of the details. I felt it all along the way!

I am with you spiritually.

Sounds a lot like what I do in some respects. The funny thing on my last flight , the airline put an extra tag on my girly suitcase - HEAVY. ; )

Sandi

Paula,

You have perfectly captured the anticipation and thrill of transforming ones self into a woman. For me that process is an extremely sensuous experience.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Paula..... WOW!

Paula, that is perfectly written. No matter how little, or how much, we cross dress, you have captured the feelings of anticipation I believe each of us feels. If my wife were more interested in in-depth discussions about my CDing, I believe your post would be something I'd like to share as you've put into words what is so difficult to explain.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Paula, Great story. I wish I was getting out more often.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Mmmmmm...Beautiful! I love flying for all the sensations and feelings you state. Your words put me in another place and time.