Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long can you stay dressed up? How close were you to full time?

How long can you stay dressed up? How close were you to full time?

Personally, I'm closeted so I can't answer but I'm curious.

I have stayed dressed for almost a week, full time. And personally trying to look that good, for that long is exhausting! Do not think I could go full time.

Platinum Member
    Personal best? That would be 13 days. The pandemic really turned my life upside down. I was maybe 3/4 time before it set in, then the extended periods of isolation kicked in and I lost a whole lot of opportunities for interaction and lost a whole lot of confidence.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-28-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Just over 24 hours so far. Would love to be longer. Not sure I'll get that chance being deep in the back corner of the closet.

Only 1 day sadly but I could go longer if I had the time

For me it was 4 days, quite a great adventure but not likely to happen again anytime soon. I noticed that I hardly ate as well as a few other changes, all good and enjoyable, hope you get the chance soon!

Jamie, I also never eat when dressed up and im not exactly sure why. But I think im just too preoccupied in my head with the experience.

Platinum Member
    There was a period of time in my early retirement days when my wife visited our daughter in Chicago for seven to ten days each fall. We have lived in our home for over forty years. At that time our neighbor to the south had very tall laurel bushes which obscured our back yard. The yards to the west and north fell off and provided privacy. I was able to be en femme for those days with the exception of making one or two grocery runs en drab. Other than that it was dresses and heels. Our mailbox is at a community location (20 homes). I picked up the mail in the darkness of the evening when I left my home for evening strolls in another neighborhood. A long time ago I decided full makeup, including nail polish, was not worth the effort of applying and removing; lip color and some facial makeup to conceal sun damaged skin was it. I doubt I would ever want to attempt going full time all the time because my comfort zone does not include presentation of self to our adult children and relatives. If my wife was accepting it would be nice to be able to relax in dress and heels. It ain't going to happen.

I am spending most of my work week dressed these days. I change out by 5 pm.

But I have dressed when my wife was home. We talk about it. She does not want a woman in the house, she wants her man.

So now it is only on selective days I will dress with her, maybe once in 2 months or so. I have to be careful and try to put a lid on this dressing thing before I get totally out of hand.

I was 24/7 during the lockdown. How long was that?

Seven straight days last year at Fantasia Fair. I dress at home most days ,but change if I go out, usually.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

10 days. I am not sure if my face could take the close shaving for much longer. But otherwise it was fantastic.

Most for me is 72 hours

I've had a few weeks when my wife was traveling for her company. It truly WAS EXHAUSTING! Constant shaving, makeup and removal, runs in my stockings (that's when I learned to always carry a spare pair in my purse). My wife knew I dressed, but I seriously doubt she would have tolerated weeks at a time. But it was worth using my vacation time that way!

Gold Member
    I do not dress out of the house. But in house, I have stayed dressed for 12 days strait.
    I have been dressed and went n the car to dive through's and for curb side service.
    Being Handy Caped, I know where to get that service.

I'm closeted and 99% of my wardrobe is romantic lingerie - I dress every single night but not during the day except once in a while on the weekends when I lounge in my lingerie during the day if I don't have anywhere to go that day.

Fourteen hours. Started dressing at noon, finished and left for a party at six, and returned home at two a.m. That was great fun and plenty.

Anyone else find the feeling of returning yo boy mode off putting or depressing? There are long periods of mourning I go through when I have to change back after a long period of girl time. Like my male clothing doesn?t fit right or something.

24/7/365 but I am a transwoman! When CD. was 3 full days 24 hours a day at my transformation! I drove there en drab, changed when I got there and changed again to drive home! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Yes I understand what you mean CrossKimmy. If you have a long period dressed and going out it’s a big come down to go back to make mode especially if you don?t have any more girly time planned! Always nice to have another time planned ahead.
    Last edited by Cheshire girl; 06-27-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have done it for 3 days once---Inside---I do NOT go out. But having a DOG now that has to be let out and walked from time to time, that puts a kink in my "long haul" dressing sessions. I can trust "max" to be let out on his own at night, but I must still walk him in the morning. So I have to undress then and do it. So I am now limited to about a 24 hour time duration at a time. With no breaks. CD does get interesting after a couple days, one seems more aware of one's different body shape, instinctively not hitting boobs on door frames, etc.

The longest I have been fully dressed has been about half a day - all inside the house. I can't imagine ever dressing full time. If given the opportunity (meaning my wife is out of town for a week or so) I can see myself being dressed most of each day that she is gone. I would also go out in the evenings when I could escape the neighborhood undetected in my car. However, because I have a dog that would need walking, I'd have to spend some time in male mode so those in the neighborhood didn't think he'd been kidnapped by some really homely old lady.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I started dressing just this year after I told my wife that I wanted to start dressing in women clothes. I have been wearing wigs with long hair for two years prior to that regularly at home after I told my wife that this kind of hair is what I wanted since I was a child. After confessing her that I would love to try wearing women's clothes in December it is now the first week when I am not dressed regulary. For one reason because of the heat and sweating with the long hair. The other is a visit from my parents for a week so I had to hide my wardrobe and the wigs. But otherwise at home I am dressed every day. I don't go out dressed so there are a lot of hours during the day when I am not dressed, but a soon I am home, chilling and calm i try to have the complete package with my wig and clothes. My wife accepts it as I try to achieve an office style style with my clothing or otherwise kind of soccer mom styling, this is how she called it. I consult my clothes with her, try on and she accepts them or not. I also realised I seldom eat when dressed but I think it is because of the hair. It is not this easy to tie it into a ponytail for cooking and eating, because I am afraid of damaging the style which would lead to new styling and therefore damaging. And I love my wigs! So this is something I have to figure out and get better with to spend more time dressed, which I definitely Lan on doing. But right now I would say the longest I spend was a whole day and otherwise several hours almost every day.
    Last edited by Misiokaku; 06-25-2022 at 12:56 AM.

About 1 week on vacation with my wife

As I've posted many times, once a year for well over a decade (excluding lockdown) I go a full week enfemme doing the full outandaboutery thing each day.

As others have said, it's hard work doing makeup and close shaving, not to mention the toll it can take on your legs and feet if you over do the heel wearing.

Is it worth the effort, hell yes. Would I like to go longer, yes if just to see if it got any easier. Would I do it more often if I could? Again yes. Being enfemme every hour of the day, asleep or awake is something every CD'er should experience at least once.

I can see the logic in asking those considering trans surgery to live enfemme for a period. You need to know you can stay the course before making such a commitment.