Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long can you stay dressed up? How close were you to full time?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How long can you stay dressed up? How close were you to full time?

Personally, I'm closeted so I can't answer but I'm curious.

I have stayed dressed for almost a week, full time. And personally trying to look that good, for that long is exhausting! Do not think I could go full time.

Platinum Member
    Personal best? That would be 13 days. The pandemic really turned my life upside down. I was maybe 3/4 time before it set in, then the extended periods of isolation kicked in and I lost a whole lot of opportunities for interaction and lost a whole lot of confidence.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-28-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Just over 24 hours so far. Would love to be longer. Not sure I'll get that chance being deep in the back corner of the closet.

Platinum Member
    There was a period of time in my early retirement days when my wife visited our daughter in Chicago for seven to ten days each fall. We have lived in our home for over forty years. At that time our neighbor to the south had very tall laurel bushes which obscured our back yard. The yards to the west and north fell off and provided privacy. I was able to be en femme for those days with the exception of making one or two grocery runs en drab. Other than that it was dresses and heels. Our mailbox is at a community location (20 homes). I picked up the mail in the darkness of the evening when I left my home for evening strolls in another neighborhood. A long time ago I decided full makeup, including nail polish, was not worth the effort of applying and removing; lip color and some facial makeup to conceal sun damaged skin was it. I doubt I would ever want to attempt going full time all the time because my comfort zone does not include presentation of self to our adult children and relatives. If my wife was accepting it would be nice to be able to relax in dress and heels. It ain't going to happen.

With the fact that I regulary wear hoop skirt dresses when I crossdress, I usually only keep it to a couple hours at a time. Most I've done was about 5 hours last year for Pride. That was my one public appearance, beyond that I just dress up at home so it's hard to keep me excited for a long time whenever I do dress up. I would like to try to go longer though, but I need an event to wear my dresses to just to keep me going instead of sitting and staring at my computer.

A couple of weeks. As I change into my 'man uniform' to do tasks which would be easier in guy clothes, I don't consider that going back to drab, as I only do it for a few hours, just long enough to get 'the job' done. The rest of the time I'm dressed in girl clothes (when at home).

I consider my male clothing a 'uniform', the same way a fireman or policeman does for their work clothes; nothing more. Otherwise, wearing guy clothing always leaves me feeling like I'm in the wrong clothing for my gender. While I'm not transgendered, due to what happened to me during developmental years, I'll likely always feel like I'm supposed to be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've gone probably 3 days full femme at one stretch. But I'm strictly an in the house CD'er so at some point I do need to get out for necessities. I have ventured all the way to the curb to my mailbox a couple of times while dressed, but that was late at night on a poorly lit street.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I get 3 to 4 days at a time when my wife if off on mini vacations with her sister or friends. I plan ahead, so I don't have to go out for food and such. Then it is all-day, every day as I explore my female wardrobe anew, sometimes changing 2 to 4 times a day depending on my mood and the weather. I especially like putting on my sundresses and short skirts with camisole tops. Our place is somewhat secluded, so I can venture outside. I even get on the tractor and mow the property in a skirt and tank top. In the evening, I put on a favorite dress with strappy heels and make a nice dinner before going down to pick up the mail at dusk.

Only 1 day sadly but I could go longer if I had the time

For me it was 4 days, quite a great adventure but not likely to happen again anytime soon. I noticed that I hardly ate as well as a few other changes, all good and enjoyable, hope you get the chance soon!

Jamie, I also never eat when dressed up and im not exactly sure why. But I think im just too preoccupied in my head with the experience.

I'm good for six hours. After that the wig and heels are more than I can bear.

My usual longest time is a weekend, including running errands. My work environment, unfortunately, is not conducive to my dressing. If I work from home, I'll tack on another day enfemme. One time I had a 7 day vacation, where I dressed everyday. It was grand.

I remained dressed non-stop for five weeks this spring when my wife and I took a long vacation. We had a wonderful time being "girlfriends."
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Completely presenting as female for me was about two weeks. I'm not full time, though it does feel like I'm heading that way.
    I'm dressed nearly every day and the only variation is when something calls for the male self to activate. Some family function or some household activity that means getting dirty and greasy since I don't have any femme things that I want to destroy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am spending most of my work week dressed these days. I change out by 5 pm.

But I have dressed when my wife was home. We talk about it. She does not want a woman in the house, she wants her man.

So now it is only on selective days I will dress with her, maybe once in 2 months or so. I have to be careful and try to put a lid on this dressing thing before I get totally out of hand.

I was 24/7 during the lockdown. How long was that?

Seven straight days last year at Fantasia Fair. I dress at home most days ,but change if I go out, usually.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

10 days. I am not sure if my face could take the close shaving for much longer. But otherwise it was fantastic.

I've had a few weeks when my wife was traveling for her company. It truly WAS EXHAUSTING! Constant shaving, makeup and removal, runs in my stockings (that's when I learned to always carry a spare pair in my purse). My wife knew I dressed, but I seriously doubt she would have tolerated weeks at a time. But it was worth using my vacation time that way!

Gold Member
    I do not dress out of the house. But in house, I have stayed dressed for 12 days strait.
    I have been dressed and went n the car to dive through's and for curb side service.
    Being Handy Caped, I know where to get that service.

A week has been the longest with going out every day and night. Nowadays it's usually just a day on short road trips.

Most for me is 72 hours

Anyone else find the feeling of returning yo boy mode off putting or depressing? There are long periods of mourning I go through when I have to change back after a long period of girl time. Like my male clothing doesn?t fit right or something.