Thread: The sudden start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The sudden start

If you read my thread "My Story, I've dressed even before I can remember thanks to my older sister. In my adult life though, I've thought of it but never followed through. I have worn girls panties from time to time, but that was the extent of it. Then out of the blue, while on a 2 month long (well with a few breaks) business trip I went from panties to going out fully dressed.
    The first part of the trip wasn't anything special. There were lots of issues work related that kept me busy. I did end up getting a couple of pairs of panties that I wore, but discarded them when I flew home for a 1 week break in the middle of the trip. Nothing really exciting just scratching an itch just like I've done for years.
    When I headed back something changed. It was the trip from hell that turned into heaven. My bag was "delayed" and wouldn't be there till the next day. I arranged for it to be dropped off at my hotel an hour and a half away. Find out my rental car wasn't ready, and when I got to the hotel, my room was canceled because travel never put in for late arrival even with my plane landing at 11pm. I think the stress may have got to me.
    The next day I stopped by Walmart early to pick up a few things including men's underwear, socks, and a shirt. I decided to grab some panties while at it. Then for some reason I thought, why not a bra also? I ended up getting a sports bra that looked like it would fit. That is further than I had ever gone buying things, but as I walked through the women's department I just couldn't help but look at skirts and grabbed a cute khaki skirt with cargo pockets. It pretty much goes with my standard of shorts and pants with cargo pockets. Also got a basic white top that ended up being too tight, but I did have a V neck tee shirt that worked.
    I couldn't wait for that evening to try everything on. I really enjoyed just being dressed and sitting around in the hotel room. Just sitting around and feeling the breeze was exhilarating. I stuffed the bra with some new socks. I eventually got some panty hose, but ruined them the first time I wore them. I ended up getting a nice top and a white dress also that week and better bras.
    I really enjoyed the clothes, but wanted to look more realistic. I spent time on Amazon and got some self adhering breast forms and a wig. It was amazing the difference that made. My last day that week, I even got foundation, and lipstick. I made up and dressed and went out for a drive that evening. I had a blast. I did get made as I came back. I had to park next to a car with 2 young ladies just sitting. I took my time getting out, but I could hear one tell the other "I knew it" as I walked away. It was disheartening but not unexpected. I guess the bright side is they argued about it?
    I was home over the Memorial Day weekend, then back. I was much more intentional that next 2 weeks. I had picked up more makeup, and during the weeks I found a couple of cute dresses on sale that I bought. I dressed every evening and spent time working on hair styles with the wig and getting practice with makeup. I still have a long way to go, but much better than the previous trip. I had press on nails and wore them over the weekend.
    At the end of the week we got done early Thursday so I got back and took the opportunity to dress and even put on my nails. I had to glue them on this being the second time. When I decided to go out and eat, I couldn't bring myself to do it dressed, so I changed back, but didn't want to ruin the nails so I left the royal blue nails in place. I did get a compliment from the hostess on my nails as I was being seated, and not in a snarky way. That really helped ease my nerves.
    I spent the whole day dressed Friday as I was working from the hotel. I decided this was it and I was going out to eat at the restaurant I had gone to the previous evening dressed as a girl. I almost talked myself into a different restaurant where I could pay at the table, but stuck with it. I had alot of internal debate on what to wear and decided rather than dress up, i would go more casual. Most ladies i had been seeing around town were super laid back in their attire and i didn't want to stand out. It was early so the place was not crowded. I was seated at a booth and the waiter called me hun as he took my order. My Barrett kept slipping in my hair and I had to really work to finally get it back in place. Other than that the dinner went swimmingly.
    After eating I went in the mall attached to the restaurant and did some window shopping. I was tempted alot, but walked out without buying anything. It was thrilling and took awhile, but I finally fell into just being another person shopping in the mall. I knew this would be my last chance to do this for awhile and I just soaked it in. I even toyed with the idea of flying home and changing back in a restroom but wasn't sure how TSA would take that.
    I was sad that evening as I undressed and put everything up in my suitcase. It was hard for me to believe it had only been 3 weeks since I went from just wearing panties to being a fully dressed girl. It is such a wonderful feeling and I look forward to my next chance.
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

Thanks for sharing the additional details.

Thanks for sharing this. It has a very familiar ring to it, much like my own story from summer 2021. My wife was out of town for a few days, one purchase led to another and by the time she returned "Kris" had emerged. From what I've read, for many of us late bloomers its as if the sublimated persona was just waiting for the right time to emerge. Feels great, doesn't it? No turning back now, and it sounds the same for you as well.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Wow Roxie. You have taken things to a level in a few days that took me years to do. Good on you though . Once you start its so intoxicating isnt it ?

Thanks for all the kind words. I just love going through it all. It just seems unbelievable at times. I am super excited by it all and giddy as a school girl. Just letting Roxie out and not suppressing her has been a weight off me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieChristine View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. I just love going through it all. It just seems unbelievable at times. I am super excited by it all and giddy as a school girl. Just letting Roxie out and not suppressing her has been a weight off me.
    Thank you for sharing. I too went from panties sometimes to holy shit I?m wearing a dress with a wig. But I like it. My favorite thing so far is high heels. It advanced like crazy in one day!

That is fast! Very cool! Mine started quicklyish, my reawakening as a result of the successful treatment for an issue I was having, but I took almost a year to perfect makeup before I ventured outside. Daily practice. I thought that was fast. Lol. Been about 20 years.

I started CDing in June, 2020. I retired in 2007. From 1983 thru 1999 my job had me on the road and overnight about 130 nights/year. In retrospect, I sure wish I had been into crossdressing back in those days. Hindsight is, of course, always 20/20. Now, I just look forward with anticipation those rare times I can fully CD and go out in public - something I've not yet done but desperately would like to do.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

The past 3 years from 2018 to 2021, I've averaged over 100 days a year on the road. Wish I had started earlier. Not sure I would have done much then though as we were putting in 12 hour days 6 days a week.

Roxie, that is a sudden start. You seemed to have handled it well. Enjoy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That sounds about right, once the ball starts rolling you just can't stop it. I'm surprised how really fast you mustarded up the confidence and courage. I've been 50 plus years but the last 5 have been really moving fast and still I can't seem to get the courage. You should be very proud of yourself to have that strength and confidence and looking forward to reading some future outting stories.