Thread: First outing in two years - Got Ma'am-ed Twice!

First outing in two years - Got Ma'am-ed Twice!

Hello, all

Since the pandemic began, dressing slowed down to a trickle, as the need to stay indoors made dressing at home a little riskier, so all the girly things I had been buying frantically up until that time (one, maybe three or more pieces a week, oh, happy days) were all put away. Sure, I wore the odd skirt here and there, but after all the outings I had had until that time (at least ten of them, a couple of them at work, most of them recounted in my previous posts), plus my three makeovers at Sephora, I knew there was nothing I could do at home that would be as satisfying as my experiences out in the world. It was like the genie had to be put back in the lamp.

With the pandemic restrictions gradually lifting, the circumstances that enable me to dress more freely are returning. Over the past couple of months, I have been pulling out my girly clothes out of storage, trying to find again the gumption that enabled me to have all those outings years ago. I have not yet pulled out all the stashed clothes but have got enough to put some outfits together. So many pieces I forgot I even had, some of them still with the tags!

This thawing accelerated when I was reminded that June is the month of Transgender visibility, so over the past few weeks the desire to dress and go out increased and my search for my regular outing accoutrements intensified. As I seem to have misplaced my usual 42C boobs, I reached for my first pair of forms, which are 42D. I put them on and of course the feeling of having my original boobs on again was very satisfying, especially as I now have my Roanyer hips to balance my figure. As I pulled the box of boobs, I found another box which contained one of my two main wigs. Having found that, I reached for my wigcaps which were still stored in the usual place. This was yesterday, With the decision that I would have an outing enfemme today, I put on nail polish for the firat time in months. After all this slow thawing, I knew the pink fog was rolling back in, but the nail polish smell made it come back with a vengeance, I slept wearing my forms.

This morning, I had various errands to run. Firat, I went to a Target in a shopping Center to check out the price of a new saucepan (the plastic handle broke off the old one) and some curtains. I was also after cheap makeup, as I remember getting a few things on clearance there in the past. No such luck. Only regular price and a lot of empty product hangers, so I checked the price of the other things, but went to the Ross located in the same complex to do some price comparing first, and to look at the dresses, as Ross is my main source of clothes of both genders. I found a saucepan I liked and a set of curtains at a really nice price, so that clinched it. I looked through the dress selection, but nothing really grabbed me for the price and I still have a ton of clothes at home, half of which I forgot I have, so I think I am ok for now. While I was there, I took advantage of a mirror to take a selfie. The best part of that experience was the girl at the checkout who called me "Ma'am" twice. Not a bad start.

Later, I went to the art store I was already in the habit of going to dressed when the pandemic began, It felt good to be there again, maybe a bit of a homecoming. One of the attendants who knew me first as a guy but has seen (and talked to me) dressed, this time looked at me and recognized me, but walked away. I expect that will work itself out one way or another. There's also a translady who works there. We never really talk about these issues, but we acknowledge and nod to each other.

Next, I went to my local Safeway for Five-dollar Friday. Got some sushi and some chicken. Also some bread. Went through the regular checkout no problem. Not my first time dressed there, but still.

Finally, I went to collect some correspondence in a place where I am a regular but had never been dressed. Things proceeded as normal.

I did not mention it earlier, but there is some city construction going on in my neighborhood and there are construction workers out and about all the time. The work site is about 200 ft away from where I live, so I can be recognized if seen. In When I went out in the morning, I unlocked my car door using my remote key and made a dash for it. When I came back, I was laden with things, so I was a bit slower and might have been seen. I actually forgot something in the car, but decided to collect it after the workmen are all good and gone so it can't be said that I am doing this to get their attention. Did I mention I have neighbors?

About the selfie at Ross, I would share it, but the system is not uploading it.

I have decided that I am only going out enfemme for the rest of the month at least (not a very brave promise, since I work from home, but still),

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Patience; 06-25-2022 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Typos, mostly.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Hi Patience! so great that you had the opportunity to venture out! Totally empathize. Can you imagine telling yourself 2 years ago that you were about to enter a convent! Kinda how it feels now that I can step out in the sun again!

Awesome, sometimes I forget how the pandemic has affected folks. If anything my travels and work times picked up. I can't imagine being locked away that long. Glad you got some she time!

I remember that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when I got Ma'amed. It feels good to know that you passed.
    It's like having a male stranger open the door for you. You just want to go in.
    Kudos to you!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Patience, I'm so glad you got out dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Feels great to get out, doesn't it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

It certainly does, Fiona.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Hi Patience! so great that you had the opportunity to venture out! Totally empathize. Can you imagine telling yourself 2 years ago that you were about to enter a convent! Kinda how it feels now that I can step out in the sun again!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxieChristine View Post
    Awesome, sometimes I forget how the pandemic has affected folks. If anything my travels and work times picked up. I can't imagine being locked away that long. Glad you got some she time!
    Thank you, Kim and Roxie! I think at the time none of us knew what to expect from this pandemic and it was hard enough to look two months into the future, let alone two years. I guess the fact I had been completely closeted for 30 years made it easier to go back to not doing it. This is not something I feel I can do or enjoy doing in a half-hearted way.

What gave me comfort during these two years was that I had at least had those experiences and that I'm luckier than those who, for one reason or another, can't do outings at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    I remember that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when I got Ma'amed. It feels good to know that you passed.
    It's like having a male stranger open the door for you. You just want to go in.
    Kudos to you!
    I never thought of it that way, but you're right, it is a fuzzy feeling and it was, but I have to admit it was also a bit of a shock. It was, after all, my first time out in two years and I only recall being ma'med once before.

Part of me would very much like to think I passed and maybe I even did, but I can't help thinking it might have just been good customer service skills or people playing along. After all, they heard my voivce.

I think that my presentation has evolved to a point where I physically pass as a taller than average woman provided I wear a mask and don't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Patience, I'm so glad you got out dressed.
    Thank you so much!

I should also mention this was the first time I went out wearing my still new Roanyer hip pads. I posted a review about them on a series of posts starting here.

Thank you for the replies.

Congratulations Patience.Its good to be back in the real world for all of us.

Sounds like a great day.

Thank you, ladies.

Now I've had time to think about that day, I think I figured out what happened at the Art store.

Since I had not been there dressed in two years and he'd never seen me wearing my Roanyers, coupled with the fact I was rearing a mask, I can only conclude he must have thought I was a real woman until he found out I wasn't. I can see how that revelation can be shocking for a guy, especially when they were checking you out for five minutes beforehand.

He could even have been punked into doing it. Someone could have told him to keep an eye on that "weird woman" walking aroud the store and waited to see how long it would take them to find out. Co-workers do that sort of thing to each other sometimes just to break the boredom.