Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any runner girls?

Any runner girls?

Just curious how many of us are runners. I run to stay fit and to help clear my mind- it really helps keep me "girl thin" as well. Anyone else?

I used to be a runner. I agree it helps maintain a girl-like figure. As I age, now 66, I find that good brisk walks (a couple miles / day) are easier on my joints and help me maintain good balance. The balance is especially necessary for wearing my heels, 2 1/2 to 5 inches. Anything over 3 1/2 inches are for at home these days.

I do shorter triathlons (up to 3 hours) and occasionally a running race from 5ks to half-marathons.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Only an occasional runner, mostly swimming. I love swimmers bodies.

TraciJ
    Last edited by traciJ; 07-05-2022 at 10:37 AM.

I'm mostly a road cyclist, but dabble in running and duathlons. I have some lovely women's kit and even some runner girl specific jewelry.

My running days are mostly behind me, now it’s quality time on a bike. A comparable work out takes longer, ut my joints appreciate it,

I ran cross-country in high school. There is that word cross again? But switched to ice hockey up until the pandemic hit. It is just like running, only with razors on your feet, on ice and you get to hit people and knock them down! Cross-checking. There is that word again! Lol. Best of all, my knees are not worn out! Skating is low impact on your knees and thighs.

Oh yes, running is my jam. However, the older I get, the faster I was.

You may have seen during my Las Vegas adventures I often turn in early while the girlfriends are partying until all hours. Of course, I'm up at 7am running The Strip while they're sleeping it off.

Hugs, Michelle

No running for me. too many issues with my knees and arches. Ride a road bike regularly. And a mountain bike occasionally.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Lauren,

In my late 70's I've cut back to two 5 milers and one 10 miler per week before my wife gets up. All hills in a local park that's 2 blocks from my house that has a 1 1/2 mile loop.
    I use to run with a club in a nearby town 2 days a week in the evening, but quit when my wife had some health issues and I wanted to stay close to home.

I ran the Chicago Marathon the year I retired and a lot of 1/2 's since. I ran a very difficult 10 mile cross country course called Psyco Wyco with over six inches of snow on the ground. I've quit racing except for a difficult 5 mile cross country called the Wilderness Run that I've run for years. There isn't much competition in my age group and I have Waaaaay too many t-shirts.

I perspire so much that I never run as a female. When I ran with the club they would laugh at the steam rising off my head in the cold weather.

Suzi Q

I ran cross country in high school in 1961, 1962, and 1963. That was well before people actually ran for "fun." Cross country was a grind and I could never understand why people would say running was fun. Once out of high school, I was never tempted again to run. I may have gained a few pounds over the years; but, I've never suffered a joint injury. My ankles, knees, and hips are all still going strong after almost 77 years.

Suzi Q, I'm a firm believer that people like you must on some level hate themselves to do what you do. Okay, just kidding.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I too ran cross country at high school .it was such a chore. Got caught cheating by catching a bus on one occasion.Prefer walking these days .

A runner here. Just started training for the Marine Corp marathon which is in Oct.

I was into road biking. Got out of the habit a few years back, when I needed bilateral inguinal hernia repair. Thinking I should dust off the bike and get back on it.

I love running.
    Good for my mind also and getting away.
    My only issue is even though I do marathons I have THUNDER THIGHS.
    My only issue I have with running when I am in the woods I run enfem but hard to run in my normal forms.
    I run in smaller forms and a good jog bra.
    Scaling back to 1/2 marathons and 10K's now.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Never been much good at running. I did run the Dartmoor high ground marathon a few years back. Then I was fit and about to run the 50 miler high ground race, when the pandemic hit and all was called off. Not run since then. I realized the training required to run 50 miles in the mountains, is more than my body can tollerate these days. I still walk the hills and climb though.
    Last edited by Jane G; 07-04-2022 at 03:54 AM.

Banned Read only
    Runner? Heels weren't made for running.

I started running when I was 25, 43 years ago. Grew to love it. Along with strength training its kept me in shape. 5ft 6 135-145. I cut down on my running during the winter so my times slowed down. But only a year ago I was doing between a 7:15- 7:30 pace for between 5-7 miles. Hope to get close to that again.

Aspiring Member
    I run a little, bike a little and hike a little.

I started running after bypass surgery back in 2011. Was prettty religious runnning 3 - 4 times a week, usually 3 to 5 miles per run. Kept me in good shape. I even ran a few competetive races en femme.

Unfortunately, the pandemic hit, then I moved to a much warmer climate. I used to love running when the temps were in the teens. Somehow when its 80+ outside I can't find it in me to pull on the running shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_VA View Post
    A runner here. Just started training for the Marine Corp marathon which is in Oct.
    That's GREAT! I've run a few half marathons but never a whole one. I'm running mostly 5 and 10K's now, at a much slower pace.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1954 View Post
    I started running when I was 25, 43 years ago. Grew to love it. Along with strength training its kept me in shape. 5ft 6 135-145. I cut down on my running during the winter so my times slowed down. But only a year ago I was doing between a 7:15- 7:30 pace for between 5-7 miles. Hope to get close to that again.
    At my fastest, I ran an 8 minute mile- now I'm over 10 minutes but it really does keep me in shape, as much mentally as physically.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Runner? Heels weren't made for running.
    True! Just ask Cinderella!

I cycle 3-4 times a week. I always hated running. When I was in the army I could do any PT, march 20 miles, but I hated running.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Claire M View Post
    I started running after bypass surgery back in 2011. Was prettty religious runnning 3 - 4 times a week, usually 3 to 5 miles per run. Kept me in good shape. I even ran a few competetive races en femme.

Unfortunately, the pandemic hit, then I moved to a much warmer climate. I used to love running when the temps were in the teens. Somehow when its 80+ outside I can't find it in me to pull on the running shoes!
    I much prefer running in the cold as well. I've never run en femme, but have seen others do it.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Oh yes, running is my jam. However, the older I get, the faster I was.

You may have seen during my Las Vegas adventures I often turn in early while the girlfriends are partying until all hours. Of course, I'm up at 7am running The Strip while they're sleeping it off.

Hugs, Michelle
    I feel the same way Michelle! I am progressively getting slower but I hope I will always be able to run. The time's that I've been injured and unable to run have been torture. It really helps keep the weight off.

Well, I used to run but life events prevent me from doing so any more. I do however, workout five days a week with a mixture of strength circuit training, rowing machine (I modified it to use with my wheelchair), and an exercise hand cycle. I usually get between 75 and 85 minutes a day logged. I have recently completed my entire workout several times in a sports bra and breast forms. It is a wonderful feeling.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I can relate to that, as a UK winter surfer for 35+ years. The heat of summer kills my aerobic exercise. I still try, but in the heat of summer I am truly useless and slow.