Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any runner girls?

Love running! Excellent for the mind and the legs!

Yes! Love to run. I?ve given up on caring about speed, my focus is avoiding injuries and enjoyment. I?m 65 and run about 20-25 miles/week. My road pace is 9:30 and trails about 12 min/ mile.
    I joined a trail running group and it?s so much fun! Motivated me to do a 50 K mountain race this spring. Kicked my butt but I finished in time and hope to do another this fall.
    My dream goal (maybe not realistic) is to run across the Grand Canyon.

In cooler weather Ill sometimes wear a light bra for running, but have never been brave enough to go beyond that.

I've been a runner for the past 25 years but at 55 I think its starting to wear on me. I find that I am more injury prone this year than in the past. It's great for staying fit and helps my legs look good too. My wife and I are moving soon and we will have a pool so I might be migrating to swimming instead. Plus I get to wear a bikini...so there is that too.
    Rebecca Bas

I got into sprint triathlons. I run two or three days a week, bike twice a week, swim once a week. The, once a week I do a brick... Bike 12 miles then run a 5k. Orthopedist says I still have a quite a few years left in my hips and knees! I'm afraid that if I slow down, I'll stop... it'll come one day but resisting it.

I'm late 40s and ran a few marathons in the last decade-ish. Nowadays I am a bit overweight and slow, but I'm still getting out there.

I have daydreamed about running in skimpy shorts, sports bra, and ponytail but that's not happening.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    Yes! Love to run. I?ve given up on caring about speed, my focus is avoiding injuries and enjoyment. I?m 65 and run about 20-25 miles/week. My road pace is 9:30 and trails about 12 min/ mile.
    I joined a trail running group and it?s so much fun! Motivated me to do a 50 K mountain race this spring. Kicked my butt but I finished in time and hope to do another this fall.
    My dream goal (maybe not realistic) is to run across the Grand Canyon.

In cooler weather Ill sometimes wear a light bra for running, but have never been brave enough to go beyond that.
    Wow what an awesome target. 39 years since I last looked down on the Grand canyon, but the desire to get back there again is still strong. A truly aw inspiring place.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleCD View Post
    I got into sprint triathlons. I run two or three days a week, bike twice a week, swim once a week. The, once a week I do a brick... Bike 12 miles then run a 5k. Orthopedist says I still have a quite a few years left in my hips and knees! I'm afraid that if I slow down, I'll stop... it'll come one day but resisting it.
    The same day I ran the Dartmoor high ground marathon in 2019, an office colleague took part in the Snowdon half ironman. While at 58 years young, back then, I managed to finish with the pack after 26.something miles and many many hills and rivers, he only went and won the event on Snowdon. Not seen him since I retired, but that man will forever have my respect, as an athlete.
    Last edited by Jane G; 07-09-2022 at 12:34 PM.

I have a Ragnar event coming up soon. Really fun group relay race. 8 person team (ours is mixed men and women, ages 35 to 65,) and we take turns running trails about 4 miles each. Every person runs three different trails. Takes about 22 hours, so have to run through the woods in the dark at least once (with good headlights). And the next morning beer with breakfast. Sounds absurd, but loads of fun and camaraderie.

I'm currently in my 50s. I used to love running but these days my knees and my hip says no. I'm now reduced to walking and biking.

Running? Nah. Anything over 40 yards is distance to me. Biking is my thing.

I'm a long time runner and still do 6km runs regularly as well as cycling, swimming. tennis and golf (not in a cart) . I include high intensity intervals and some weights as well.
    I have been able to maintain my weight and body shape into older age and still love wearing body-con mini dresses and skirts. Besides keeping me healthy all that exercise keeps me looking sexy as well and I love it.

Like you, I run to stay fit and clear my mind. I have occasionally run in a tennis skirt.

Every so often, i say to myself..."I should take up running". The lazy woman inside of me disagrees. I do try to take a dog walk as often as i can... weather permitting. Usually 1.5 to 2 miles. I bet my dog would run with me... she's a high energy dog.
    Julianna Frances

Earlier this week I went on a morning trail run, pink/gray 3/4 tights, pink thong gaff ala Janet's Closet, matching gray/pink sports bra (random Amazon grab), pink sleeveless flowy running shirt from target, blonde wig and minimal (essential) makeup. It was unbelievably fun, but so hot and muggy that my forms became detached after 2 miles!

Luckily the shirt/bra combo kept them from completely bouncing out and slapping me in the face!

definitely recommend (especially in cooler weather!)

Brenda,

Now that would be fun!

Davina

Running is a wonderful excuse to wear female stuff!!! From my running shoes to athletics tops. I guess I used all my girlfriend’s shorts and leggings before starting buying my own. Its a territory where colors and models can get confusing and you will be safer and blend easier…

I confess that never ran with a skort she gave me. Not that brave!!!

We run 3 times a week and our goals are half marathons. Next year we plan to run the ‘wonder woman’ race in femme!!!

For some reason, running is the one time I feel I can get away with more feminine attire. Maybe it?s because I?m going by faster than if I was walking or shopping! ☺️