Thread: Do you girl talk with friends?

Do you girl talk with friends?

I have a good GG friend that knows about Jenn. We sometimes do "girl talk" in our messages. By girl talk I mean discussing outfits, makeup, etc. I use the opportunity to ask her advice about how to pair a new acquisition with my existing wardrobe. She will sometimes ask my opinion on an outfit she's considering for a special event.

I really enjoy those chats. Wondering if others have a similar experience.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Platinum Member
    Oh, of course I talk with my growing number of GG friends about such things. I find that most are eager to offer encouragement and suggestions.

Not counting my late wife I only have 1 GG friend that I have girl talked with, I have girl talked with several TG friends over the years. In fact I just finished chatting with a TG friend across the pond.
    Last edited by Jillian Faith; 07-05-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Jill

In the "real" world the only GG and the only person that knows about Kris is my wife. She seems to enjoy talking girl talk with me. And I enjoy it too - thoroughly. After 41 years, it's a whole new avenue of shared interest. I also enjoy those conversations in the virtual world with the many friends I have made here and elsewhere.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I find it interesting what the OP considers "girl talk" (outfits, makeup). It's great that you find GG's that enjoy discussing these things with you.

I guess my friends and I don't have "girl talk". We never touch on those topics.

Char, thanks for the perspective. Seriously.

The term "girl talk" as I used it was not meant to belittle things. Its just that Jenn finds the conversations interesting and is a real learning experience. I'm contemplating my presentation and like to get somebody else's take on how Jennifer looks. What would look good on her and in what situations she would wear a particular outfit. All new ground for me even though I've been CD'ing for over 60 years.

"girl talk" does sound kind of pejorative

I see that now. I'll try to find better words to express myself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a GG friend who seems to think of me as Sherry. Even tho there's nothing fem about me when in drab. I guess because I was dressed at our meeting?

Anyway, we discuss outfits, figures, and poses all the time. Maybe I never considered it girl talk, because I'm a CD?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wish I had a GG friend I could confide in. More for emotional support than anything else, because I?d be uncomfortable talking to my guy friends about dressing. But having someone who could share makeup secrets would be wonderful too! I have one or two GG friends who I think would be open minded, but I?m not comfortable taking the risk as my dressing is still 100% in the closet (apart from this forum) and I?d hate to lose those women as friends.

My wife is my best friend and yes, we talk about things that guys usually don?t talk about. I always ask for her advice, opinions, etc. She?s been so helpful, especially with makeup. She teases me about my enjoyment of underwires and hose, not her favorites.

I do with my wife and my CD friends. I don't have any other GG's to do that with, but I would if I did.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Jenn, My wife knows and I do ask her opinion on clothing, makeup, etc... She is the only GG I speak with about my CDing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

This is a slight oversimplification, but I also say that guys do things and women talk.

Guys go to games, hunt, fish, play golf/tennis/whatever. Conversation is now the primary focus (unless you consider trash talking as conversation).

Women meet to talk. They discuss kids, work, personal issues, etc.

I have several GG friends. We text often, talk face-to-face less often (just don't have that many chances to meet face-to-face). We don't talk makeup or clothes that often, other than my friend Michelle will sometimes ask my opinion.

We talk about their boyfriends or exes, their kids (in some cases). I am often asked for the male perspective on things (although I never claim to speak for all males). I give them advice on finances or advice on work. It just depends on the day.

Yes, it's nice to talk to someone who gives you acceptance.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    No, not really. Can't say that i have engaged in "girl talk" with any other GG other than my wife. We do talk about outfits, shopping, makeup, etc. We exchange opinions on those topics as well as others. Might be an interesting idea if that ever happens.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

I go to a weekly dance class, and I'm the one male amongst 15 attendees. After the class a group of 10 or so go for a coffee, and the conversation is not so much different than being with a bunch of men, just a lot less coarse.
    Incidentally, the ladies are all aware of my femme side, havi g met or at least seen photos.

I have a supportive GG friend who will start a text with “have time for some girl talk?” That might be asking me about me most recent dressing session, sending me pics of a new outfit she got, asking opinion about her hair style, or talking about relationship problems. The intro always makes smile.

Happy to hear this Fireandlace! That's very close to what happens with my GG friend. Always leads to a fun text session where I often learn new things. Gotten several suggestions for good outfits to try. Sometimes simple things like tucking in a top with a particular bottom instead of leaving it out.

Speaking of discussing clothes with GG's. Today I asked my wife as she was looking in the closet if she had a short white jean skirt. Today is a nice summer day and it is a Friday, plus she is working 1/2 a day today. (No dressing for me).

Anyway she said, No. Why do you have one? My response was that I did not want to incriminate myself. She proceeded to put on a cute black dress with some white graphics in the center section of the front and back. It will highlight the curves. I suggested a white belt. She said she was thinking of the same thing. Bang, that outfit was perfect for today. White strappy sandals and now you are all set.

I am glad we did that today. Not sure if my wife is happy that I am becoming a style guru for her. I did not tell her I am getting better because of my experience dressing.

So, yes I do "Girl Talk" with my wife. And I did drink too much last Saturday night when we had guests over. We have a friend that is a young widow, 48 years old. She drinks too much too. Anyway I showed her my picture dressed at some point in the evening to get her reaction. She told me I was "beautiful Darling". She calls everyone darling. She is from South Africa and has a great accent. I have not heard a thing about it all week. I wonder if she remembers.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I used to have a couple of good female friends that I would talk to about CDing. However, they moved or I moved. Miss those discussions. However, lately my wife seems to asking more questions around CDing and asking my opinions on makeup and clothing. I think she is more comfortable talking about it sometimes with me than I am with her.

I am still of the opinion that I married her as a man so that is what I should portray myself as around her. Especially as I did not tell her I am a crossdresser until after we married.
    Just another man in a dress

I can't say that I've really had girl talk in the form of discussing dressing or makeup. Anything beyond "that's a nice outfit" just doesn't seem to come up - and even that is rare.

I have been part of plenty of talk about relationships, kids, TV shows (especially soaps), etc.

I've even been with a group of ladies where the conversation turned raunchy - where talk was about what positions made what parts ache, not getting enough, etc.
    I got a bit embarrassed in that one and said "Hey, I'm right here" to which I was told "yeah, but you're like one of the girls anyways."
    I was dressed male at the time, and the main speaker didn't know (yet) about my Sara side.
    I guess it just showed through anyway.

Back in my "going out" days, I'd have loved to have someone to be my tutor in all things "girl." I sure could have used the help, since my fashion sense is almost non-existent.
    I never did find one, though.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I don't really know if I do or not. Certainly nothing much personal. What I know, happens all the time, today in fact, is if I'm with a group of people, I spend far more time talking with the girls in the group than the males. I just find those conversations far more interesting and clearly that goes both ways.