Thread: Posture and posing

Posture and posing

I haven't been on in a while since my daughter moved back in and I also rented a room out to a friend. Thankfully I didn't purge. I am finally going on vacation by myself this week and I am packing all my girl clothe. Hope to find a secluded part of the beach so I can take photos there and at the Air B&B. A few months ago, someone here posted a great list and guide on how to pose more ladylike.
    Would someone or all of y'all post tips and advice.
    Thanks,

For a start, do not slouch. Shoulders back, chest out.

Enjoy your vacay.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Make sure you smile.

Try to emulate some poses in pictures that catch your eye, and try to take some practice photos - you don't even have to be dressed en femme - before you do it for real. That way, you'll be ready to strike a specific pose in the ten seconds you get after you press the shutter button.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Like a photographer, one has to take lots of pictures, in different poses. You?ll be able to tell immediately the good and bad parts of the picture. Like other things we do, practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Make sure you smile.
    Boom! My number one. I try to emulate the lingerie models in the JC Pennys catalogues. Lol

Banned Read only
    I guess possing is not that difficult if you copy models, the thing that is really difficult for me is walking in a more femine way. Adding hip pads helps me be aware of my hips and that helps me a little bit.

Since my camera readily does video, I usually shoot a short video in whatever outfit or combination I put on and work at posture, walking, posing, etc. and can self-critique afterwards.

Stacy, Stand up straight, small steps and keep your arms at your side. That is, don't swing. Enjoy your vacation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think the key as has been said is posture. My Grandmother always told me and my sister to hold you head up and throw your shoulders back and walk like you are proud. It really helps with the fem side, who knew. Walking isn't too hard for me. I've always walked with my feet parallel and not pointed out. It makes it easier when using a "model" walk with crossing your feet while walking and forcing the hips to sway. It doesn't hurt either that I used to do modeling photography and have worked with professionals putting on a fashion show. I learned alot just listening and it is paying off.
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

Stand up straight chest out. smaller steps toes pointed straight ahead.
    Posing is easy sit down, stand up keep your knees close together.

Some good tips to read through. I know I need to work on my feminine posing some... along with my smile. My depression hasn't helped with that and keeps me looking frowny whenever I'm in a relaxed mode. It's always my biggest disappointment when I look at photos I take of myself and I try to force one out on me. Guess I'm not a natural smiler.

My problem, other than never knowing what to do with my hands, is when I smile, it always looks forced. I have discovered the smile option on FaceApp. If I don't like my smile, I change it. Now, about those hands....

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Just enjoy being you, smile and the rest should follow. Yer I know doesn't work like that, until you have felt at odds walking and sitting deliberately girl style for 20 years, and one day it just clicks, without knowing. But it's a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBellema View Post
    Some good tips to read through. I know I need to work on my feminine posing some... along with my smile. My depression hasn't helped with that and keeps me looking frowny whenever I'm in a relaxed mode. It's always my biggest disappointment when I look at photos I take of myself and I try to force one out on me. Guess I'm not a natural smiler.
    Depression is a hard place to be. I'm certain many on this forum have been there, many more than once. Rest assured fresh air, exercise and smiling, even when you feel totally cr#p really do help. Hope you get it licked and can get on with enjoying this fine planet of ours. Only one go at it.

I am no expert, but I have found that smiling and looking right at the camera helps. After a while I found an unforced smile that seems to work for me. My challenge is showing my waist and hips.
    TJ

Thanks for all the great tips. I Do forget to smile. I got to the Air b&b late Thursday night and after unpacking I slipped into a satin night shirt and sat out on the back patio. Then a security guard drove around with his flood light, so I scampered back in. Went out a few more times that night. The next morning I noticed security cameras. So I didn't get to sit out and enjoy the sounds of the surf while dressed. The heat and humidity are miserable here in Texas anyhow. The island was packed from one end to the other with RV's, campers, tents, horse trailers and tons of people. Maybe I'll go back in winter. Some day I'm going to buy about 10 acres in the middle of nowhere so I can dress and live how I want.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by StacyG; 07-13-2022 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've probably taken well over 100,000 pics of Sherry thru the years. And, here r the 3 things I've learned that make all the difference in pixs:|

Practice, practice, practice!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    It's strange how some of us try to select a new home. We picked our current home of 27 years, because it was great for schools etc for the kids. Whenever we look at places to move to now I am retired, they tend to be secluded escapes. Doubt that is entirely a cross dressing thing, just that privacy and quite are nice to have.

Give this a read, shows your some good examples
    https://allaboutcd.com/20-feminine-p...iful-fabulous/
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building