Thread: Missed opportunity

Missed opportunity

I was wearing my white short shorts with a man's t-shirt and needed to take a second bag of trash to the street. I started changing from girl short shorts to some men's shorts and mentioned to my wife that I had to change. She really didn't say anything, but kind of shrugged like "What's the big deal?".

I had to ask. Did she think it would be a problem? She just said "There will probably not be anyone out there." I'd already started changing, so I went ahead and put on some knee length men's shorts and took out the bag of trash.

Now, I'm not all that worried about what the neighbors think and would have just owned it were I not concerned about embarrassing her. It turns out that she wasn't all that concerned. Needless to say, I plan on being a bit bolder next time...

Should not have been a problem, ...............Debra

With us missed opportunities happen all the time but it is always good to err on the side of caution. Now you know it is NBD so you are good to go next time.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U think NOT wearing girl shorts is a "missed opportunity"? Why?

Is yours only picked up once a year? Just wear your shorts next week!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-06-2022 at 09:05 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Should not have been a problem, ...............Debra
    Guessing what "might" be a problem in the SO's eyes is the issue.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    U think NOT wearing girl shorts in a "missed opportunity"? Why?

Is yours only picked up once a year? Just wear your shorts next week!
    There will be other opportunities but it would have felt good to have felt free to "just own it" without worrying if I'd embarrass my wife.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    With us missed opportunities happen all the time but it is always good to err on the side of caution. Now you know it is NBD so you are good to go next time.
    Yeah. I do try hard not to make assumptions about what she might feel is an issue.

I had basically the same experience. I was dressed, but forgot to put the trash out for pickup. I started to change when my wife said why? She wasn?t concerned either, so I took it out. It was great.

Banned Read only
    I usually go out in femme to take out the trash, but I've got to be fully dressed otherwise I feel akward.

Shorts are shorts.
    What made them "girly" ? Did they have floral design, were they pink or what?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Im sure you'll have plenty more opportunities. Just do what feels good. I've taken the trash out in leggings, tshirt dresses, and skirts. My girlfriend says wear whatever you want....who cares? She's right. Neighbors have seen me too.
    Julianna Frances

I know some here are old hands at just owning it. I'm not there yet. And, I do make special considerations for my wife's comfort level. I expect that I will be slightly more bold in the future.

The shorts in question are fairly basic girl shorts, LOTS shorter than any of my men's shorts. There may be questions in someone's mind about that but I'm guessing that most observers would guess which department they came from. Again, I would have just owned it were it not for concerns about the bride.

One more note. I did get bold enough to wear some shorts that were slightly less obvious one time last year. I was taking out trash that day too. My neighbor across the street was out at that time and yelled out "Nice legs!" which was awkward. i barely responded. But, I felt a less inclined to own it for a while... now I'm getting back to that point.

The neighbor wasn't being malicious, just trying to be funny. I wasn't feeling it that day and shied away from wearing things that may seem obvious until now.

Your neighbors would probably have just guessed you were still stuck in the 70's when EVERYBODY wore shorts that were actually short.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    Your neighbors would probably have just guessed you were still stuck in the 70's when EVERYBODY wore shorts that were actually short.
    That pretty much nails it for me. I do miss that part of the seventies.

Don’t worry Bea, there will be plenty of other missed opportunities to come. Some will be realistic as in this example others will be far fetched. Should I wear a dress to the doctor for a physical? Over time you will know what you are comfortable with and where your ( and your SO) comfort level is. Next time you need to take the trash out, wear your girl shorts and rock those great legs. Perhaps this winter, take the trash out wearing leggings and you still rock those great legs.
    You may never wear a dress to the doctors, but you will probably find a comfortable equilibrium that fits.

"I do miss that part of the seventies."

Me too. I remember as a teen going to Great America (now Six Flags Great America) wearing shorts that were short and a half-shirt (now called a crop top I believe) and no one cared because it was normal for a guy to wear such things. Looking back, if I were to wear the same outfit now I'd be crossdressing even though I wasn't then.

I hate what's become of men's "shorts".

All of my neighbors have seen me in a dress. My world hasn’t exploded. No pitchforks or crowds burning torches at midnight. Mostly they just couldn’t care less. I wear a dress to pick up the mail and to take out the trash. Nobody cares. Try it. You'll see.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

The arrangement I have with my wife is that all is OK but don't go out into the community en femme. Yet, I have done this sort of thing frequently - taken out the trash, gotten the mail, even taken pictures on our front porch - with a dress, makeup, heels, full bit. No one has ever said a thing. Small steps at first everyone says.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Well, trash day came around again today. I wasn't wearing my girl shorts when it came time to take out a couple of bags to the curb, so I changed. I put on the shorts that showed more legs than I've shown publicly in 30 plus years.

i took the trash bags to the curb and needed to water a tree that we'd had planted a couple of months ago. I pulled out a chair and my water hose to the center of the front yard,
    and spent twenty minutes watering all around the root ball of the tree, still in the shorts.

i know that it's definitely a tiny thing for many here, but there was definitely a sense of "owning it" and claiming a little bit of the power to not be "normal" for a bit.

Banned Read only
    I'm almost always wearing a dress or chemise when I take out the trash or check the mail. I pretty much wear lounge dresses and swimsuits w/coverup 24/7 at home and around my duplex community this time of year as I am in and out of the pool multiple times a day. All of my neighbors wave and say hi and many compliment my femme outfits. NBD