Thread: An old feeling with a new twist

An old feeling with a new twist

Most of us have had the feeling. We get dressed up en femme and our minds take a left turn and suddenly we're thinking "What on earth am I doing? This is weird! This is crazy! This is so inappropriate! I must be nuts!"

I've been having that feeling a lot lately. Every time I put on male clothing. Yes, I said male clothing. Not a typo. Sometimes I even feel ashamed. I feel like I'm letting everybody down. I keep thinking "I know I should be wearing a skirt or a dress, but here I am sneaking around in an ugly pair of pants."

Actually I have come to think of my female clothing as my regular clothes, and my male clothing as a uniform or a disguise for performing certain tasks. Perhaps I should reduce the use of the disguise.

Any thoughts?
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I used to think that every time I dressed.
    Then I finally accepted myself and those thoughts went away forever.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I get dressed up I feel wonderful. I do get thoughts like "This is crazy, inappropriate, etc.", but it's about dressing as a woman and it's AFTER I've been dressed and back to usual male clothes. The feeling passes quickly, though.

I can't say I've ever felt that way when dressed either way. I just feel so excited and relaxed when enfemm. I'm not sure where I am with everything so new to me just letting my fem side out. I really prefer to just focus on feeling wonderful when dressed.
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

Actually I think; ?This is great! Why are there not more guy that do this??

yes its weird !!, I tolerate male mode when out with the wife etc, but if Im out alone I have to be dressed, fortunately I have a garage with an electric door, so I get ready, no wig, put a big coat on , sun glasses to cover my makeup, drive out , stop a few miles down the road, take my coat off, put my wig on, tada !!!, not broke any of my rules by letting the neighbours see me dressed, but omg does it feel good to be out in a skirt with heels, hate it wearing male clothes, they do not sit well on me, and I feel so comfotable dressed as I should be

Cynthia, it would seem that you have accepted who you really are.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have never felt crazy for dressing. I do hate taking off my fem for male clothing. For me dressing fem has always felt natural and I have always put together great looking outfits. For females there is an endless selection of clothing and shoes. Oh, don't get me started on the shoes. I buy my wife's clothing and she receives compliments everywhere we go. I love that she tells them all I buy her things.

Male clothing seems to have such a limited fabric and design. Cotton shirt, straight cut, lifeless. Blue, black and grey. Wearing suit slacks and quality dress shirts is about the closest I have found to how I feel in fem materials. I am constantly on the hunt for male styled clothing in fabrics matching women's so I can a bit happier or accepting of wearing it. Gotta say I am on the verge of saying screw it, I am gonna just do me. Life is short. Be Happy.

I sometimes have brief moments when I wonder about my crossdressing. But, usually I can shrug it off as society's hangups. I have always enjoyed helping my wife shop for clothing. While at the store, I see other husbands there looking like they are being tortured! I never understood that. Women's clothing is so much more interesting than mens. So, it just feels natural to want to go there. When I have worries,it usually is more about how my crossdressing would effect my loved ones ,not so much me.Also, having started wearing woman's clothing later in life, I missed the part where I care what people think of me!

I consider myself quite fortunate that I can finally find clothes that match the feminine curves of my hourglass figure.
    I just bought two Eddie Bauer long sleeved ripstop nylon trail shirts for $64. Size petite small. One pink and the other orange. It is wonderful to have sleeves that fit properly! As well as the rest of the shirt.

My wife wanted me to wear shorts so she could see my legs. But they fit poorly and I needed a belt to wear them.
    Now I wear form fitting female pants and don't have to wear a belt! Some of them have drawstrings to make sure they stay up.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-06-2022 at 08:25 PM.

I've never questioned myself or thought CDing is crazy. I realize it isn't totally mainstream; but, it certainly isn't unheard of. It is just something I enjoy doing similar to playing golf without the frustrations of golf.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I've always just assumed I was nuts, and carried on.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Rachelakid:

I too am totally nuts. And really weird most of the time. BUT, I also believe that crossdressing is the sanest, most unweird thing I’ve ever done.

Cynthia
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Most of us have had the feeling. We get dressed up en femme and our minds take a left turn and suddenly we're thinking "What on earth am I doing? This is weird! This is crazy! This is so inappropriate!
    I get this feeling whenever I dress up...and I absolutely love it! Part of the fun for me!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

My new ?twist? began when I retired. That?s when I began underdressing full time. What a great way to start every day. Decisions, decisions, which color panties, bra, hose. Skirts and dresses are so much more comfortable and convenient. Yes, when we go out, I have to change, which I hate, and have a feeling of sadness. More recently, when we?ve gone out, I stay underdressed. Bad weather? A green light to dress.

I definitely feel this way Cynthia, but since most all of my wardrobe is romantic lingerie I can't wear that during the day anywhere lol! I've come to somewhat hate getting dressed in the morning because I'm changing out of beautiful lingerie into daytime men's clothes. Yuck lol but at least I can look forward to bedtime every night.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes! For years I felt guilt and shame from "playing dress up". Like some 7 y/o girl trying on her mommies things!

But then? I looked what others my age were doing. Playing golf or nothing at all!

After I found meeting up with other dressers around the country was so much fun? The guilt and shame gradually melted away!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I used to feel that way, until I figured out why I do this. After that, it was pretty easy to justify what most see as a perversion, as simply just another coping mechanism. Just because most of society thinks I'm weird, doesn't mean I am. I just do what I have to do, to get through each day, with as little irritation as possible.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.