Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complex range of emotions when dressed up

Lyla,

Thank you. I did not mention the benefits of what we learn through the process of crossdressing, but I have certainly learned quite a bit.

For one thing, my listening skills have improved drastically. It seems women like to discuss relationships, and many have spilled the beans to me about theirs, especially the problematic ones : )

Even so I consider these things as learned benefits more so than how crossdressing impacts me on an emotional level. I understand what you mean though as it is all intertwined and at times difficult to separate it out. Live and learn I say.

; )

Sandi

Sandi, a big Thanks for you insightful post. I?ve also experienced most all of your thoughts and experiences. I really envy your going out and enjoy your descriptive posts. Living in a smaller town is not conducive to going out. Several years ago, I dressed and we went to an out of town shopping center to shop, dinner and a movie. We almost bumped into some friends of ours. Fortunately they didn?t see us, but it scared us. Getting caught is my/our biggest fear. I?m blessed with a supportive wife who has been a great help. Again, Thanks. Best, NancySue

Sandi: thanks for the post. I can identify with most, of not all of your points. But after many years of accepting this as a fundamental part of myself, I really only have one feeling left about it: correct or incorrect. Pants are incorrect. Skirts and dresses are correct. A flat chest is incorrect. A bra and breastforms are correct. A bald head is incorrect. A feminine wig is correct.

As simple as this may seem, the feeling can be really intense. Usually, female clothing is just my regular clothes. But occasionally I'll look down and see my stocking legs sticking out of my skirt and think "Oh, thank goodness! This is how I'm supposed to look. Or I'll look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me, and know this is the real me.

Thanks again for the wonderful post.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Thanks Cynthia, There is no doubt in my mind that emotional feelings vary among us. It does seem that my feelings hit close to home for some members though.

I did skip some things. One in particular is the anticipation of going out for an evening of socializing. I have an amazing amount of anticipation anxiety. As in - hurry up and get ready. It is not be part of what I get out of crossdressing. It is more of a side effect I just have to deal with. Still, it is another emotional response that may contribute to the let down when the evening is over. That kind of anticipation may not happen for those of you who dress every day since it is just normal. Those who go for periods without dressing may have my anticipation as well.

Anyhow thanks Cynthia and NancySue as well.

Sandi
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 07-07-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Escapism - Yes, in such a fun and comforting way. The question does bring other questions up such as could we do something similar in a same gender kind of way?

Attraction to the female form as a work of art. I suspect many of us have this attraction. I like what I see in the mirror when I dress up - Yep, same here.

Humiliation and stage fright - Wow, some of the same and then again after the first hour I can forget I'm CDing and just being me.

Missed out in my youth - Not really but having the ability to dress on occasion probably delayed pushing further with girls my age.

Touch and Feeling of clothing - Even a cotton Tee feels so much better, but then again there are undergarments before putting it on.

Love the look and feel of smooth hairless skin - Limited experience but did so enjoy having smooth legs last summer.

Smell of perfume - Same here, don't feel I'm CDing without a spritz or two ; )

Desire to be one of the girls in social gatherings. I have very, very limited experience but can see it happening.

Desire to be the pretty popular girl who gets all the attention. Nope, just want to blend.

Fascination with all the nuances of the opposite sex - Many things can be magic, especially movements and hand gestures.

Complexity of all the clothing variation
    and ability to adorn my body with jewelry and accessories. FUN.

Facial transformation - I almost never look in a mirror when drab, will find every one I can when not.

Inadequacies of stereotypical male athleticism that do not apply while in fem mode. NA, spent too much time in the gym, now avoiding it to maintain a bit of the illusion when dressed.

Validation from others - a strong motivator. I can see how a few friends here helped motivate me, though it was more through challenges, ideas or sharing their adventures.

Desire to roll back time clock - It is easier to look younger, up to a point as saggy skin is way difficult to "fix".

Ability to meet people who would otherwise pass me by. Everyone here is good enough, though having a SA or manager ask about my visit to a Panera or Target is quite enjoyable.

Great thread!

Great thread and OP Sandi! I can definitely relate to several of the emotions you feel when dressed......

Escapism - definitely a big one, I'm closeted so thus I don't dress during the day and I always look forward to slipping in to beautiful lingerie for bedtime to take my cares away.

Touch and feel of clothing - absolutely, I love the feel of gorgeous lingerie, there's nothing like it imo.

Validation from others - this is a huge one also, I have a boyfriend who tells me that I look beautiful in lingerie and it feels so good and rewarding to hear him say that, and knowing that seeing me in lingerie is making him excited and anxious to be intimate with me is incredibly validating for me.

And lastly, it's definitely very sexual for me when I dress since romantic lingerie is the ultimate femininity imo, I feel like a bride on her wedding night and when I slip into something gorgeous for bedtime I'm usually preparing for romance/intimacy/sex with my boyfriend, the anticipation of which is incredible.
    Last edited by Jessica Secret; 07-10-2022 at 01:55 PM.

I get a lot of validation because so much of what I buy fits me. I can't find guy tops or bottoms that fit.
    But, a VS 32A push up bra is just the right size for my figure!
    As well as an Eddie Bauer Small Petite long sleeve shirt. The sleeves are just the right length and the colors are pretty.

Social interaction is easy because I'm easily identified as a small female person. There are plenty of social rules for socializing with someone obviously smaller than you.
    At 107 lbs I certainly qualify as small!

I put a smile on the bakery cashier's face this morning. As she was getting my order I paid in coins.
    I arranged twelve quarters on the counter, in groups of four. Obviously three dollars. Then I arranged the 19 cents similarly.
    Running out of change is such a hassle. So is counting it. But I made it easy for her.

Marion