Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to go out dressed

Places to go out dressed

Hi there it is Megan I have not been out for a long time and I am thinking I would like to go out again does anyone have any ideas where I could go to start me off again thanks everyone

Platinum Member
    Since I am not anywhere near the UK I can only offer generalities. I like being out in the daylight, doing everyday things, like grocery shopping, going to the bank, coffee shop etc. More special occassions might include a trip to a museum or some live entertainment venue, like theater or a band. Dinner and drinks are always good.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    just go out shopping for groceries .... and to a local mall, etc.
    Chances are even if you happen to see someone you might know. they will have no idea it is you
    Just do no over think things. As long as you are reasonably passable, people will just assume that you are one of the many females out shopping.

BTW, many are wisely still weaning masks for the virus and you can also it you want.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    LGBT friendly bars and clubs. No one bats an eye at a trans. So easy to just hang stress free or have relaxed conversations!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I just go everywhere.
    Walmart, grocery store, malls, restaurants and the like. It's not really a big deal much here anymore. Don't know about the UK attitudes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'll echo Cheryl. Go anywhere. Just don't go to a biker bar!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I go just about anywhere. Shopping, dining, movies, etc. But as with everything else know your environment whether you are dressed or in drab.

Like everyone says . Should be ok anywhere. Shopping centres . I don?t know about biker bars in the USA per Steffis comments but usually ok in UK. Ironically back in the 80s I used to go to a biker bar. Above it was a Trans club . Never saw any trouble there.

I just go and so far it has not been a big deal.

I'm hoping to introduce Heather to the outside world next Wednesday. If I do, it will be in the early evening (still daylight) and likely in a park or other such area with enough people that I won't feel the need to be looking over my shoulder. I will be traveling out of state, hence the early evening time frame. Anyway, that's the type of place I'm looking for. I'm not ready to go in a retail store as I'm not certain how I might respond to any comments - positive or negative. I want to get my feet wet but not my entire body.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Megan,

I don't know where in the UK you're based but chances are there's a retail park no too far away. Weekday afternoon, just around lunch time, kids are in school and most of the people out shopping will be GG's. Dress to blend, be confident and you'll be fine. My top tip; have something in mind to shop for. Actually looking for something stops you looking like a shop lifter. And if you buy something, smile at the SA and chat about this and that, the weather, how you've been looking for a (Fill blank) in that colour for ages.

If there's an M&S they usually have a cafe. Stop and grab a drink and a bun.

That'll get you started. After that you could go to the cinema, visit an NT country house and garden, pub lunch, fave of mine for folks, get your foundation checked at somewhere like Boots Tadar!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You should go dressed to any place it would be awkward to go to naked.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Without trying particularly hard to present a feminine outlook, I find that going to the supermarket is very stress free. Everybody is just concerned with their groceries. I wear modest lip makeup, a sheer unisex top and present a noticeable bust. My bra straps & band would be obvious to another keen eyed crossdresser, but they don't get noticed otherwise.

What does upset me is the sloppy presentation of other women. Bra colours not matching their tops, bra bands riding up, slipped straps, toes & nails badly painted and laddered hose.

It is so hot in the Dallas-Fort worth area I have given up wearing trousers. (Projected high today 42 deg C/108 deg F, at 7:00 AM it is 30 C/87 F)
    I wear sleeveless maxi-dresses instead when I venture out in public. But I ruin the cross dressing effect by wearing mens Docker fisherman sandals.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I dare not even go check my mailbox while being Natalie, I wish I was that brave, Those of you who do go out have my admiration.

Megan, I go out to restaurants and LGBTQ friendly bars.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Places where I have gone out wearing a sleeveless maxi-dress:
    1. Shopping at Kroger (twice a week).
    2. Local amateur radio club (no women)
    3. Church choir rehearsal, seated between the pastor and his father.
    4. For the first time, a church service yesterday (July 10).
    I have gotten very little push back for wearing a dress, one from a very traditional Asian woman.
    On the other hand I got a lot of positive compliments.

When I was out at Kroger on Saturday ran into a fellow church member, a woman. I told her I was going to wear a dress to church and I dared her to wear one to the church service. Sure enough, she showed up on Sunday morning wearing a dress.

I don't use a feminine name. My name is always John and I identify myself as a man.
    Last edited by JohnH; 07-11-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    John (Legal name)

John, you are awesome! Just sayin!
    Last edited by char GG; 07-11-2022 at 12:23 PM. Reason: No necessary to quote the post just before yours

When I get asked why I am wearing a dress instead of trousers my reply is, "Jesus didn't wear pants (UK: trousers)".
    In Roman times only barbarians or women wore trousers. In fact as I understand, trousers were called feminalia.
    No man dared to show up in Rome wearing trousers.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 07-11-2022 at 09:09 PM.

I only wish I had a different build. I am built like a brick house upstairs with great legs downstairs. I have been told a lot that I have great looking legs. I feel I would attract so much negative attention popping into Walmart and such. Only comfortable attending munches and fetish events where I am not the only boy in a dress. Oh but do I have the dreams of strutting down the boulevard for just me, myself and I.

I like Blackpool
    London was cool because we didn't have H&M or Primark down here when I was last there.
    Hyde Park was nice if your in London, Madam Tussauds was cool (might even have air conditioning so your makeup doesn't melt)

But what would I know, I left Doncaster when I was 2 and only seem to return every 10 years
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Obviously shopping or meals out but why not book an appointment at a beauty salon for nails or something. If you?re nervous a cinema visit might get you started. Just doing the everyday things is fun when dressed such as filling up the car. Good luck!

Cheshire,

Book a mani/pedi and a massage monthly, you won't reqret it...

Davina

Well, I went back to church this morning wearing a sleeveless maxi-dress. Several ladies sat close to.me, as well as a couple in front of me. I went up to the front to receive communion. And then I went to coffee hour and spoke face to face with the priest and his father.
    Yesterday, also wearing a different dress, I went to an auto parts store to buy refrigerant.

At no time did I get any pushback.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-17-2022 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Bordered on breaking the no religion rule
    John (Legal name)

Go anywhere you want.