Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when did we start crossdressing

age 10 , put on my mums stockings, never looked back, love it

Started at 16 :-)

Aspiring Member
    My earliest memories are when I was about 3 yrs old. Looking at my mothers girdle, garters and nylons. It was open bottom girdles then. The panty girdle became popular later. I loved the open bottom girdle and at age 6 or 7 started trying it on. the panty girdles then also got my attention. Actually bought my own as a young teen and kept them in a locked chest that I had made. I still love a girdle and now of course panty hose but now a bra is also very exciting. Sometime later in life, I started buying/wearing skirts, blouses, etc. After getting caught, I no longer go out in public as a woman but still do dress in private. I will, however, stretch the boundaries of male vs female clothes when out and about.

Very interesting.
    I notice the trend surges and drops in prepubescent ages and then spikes again as puberty hits.
    I'd be curious to see if there's any correlation between the puberty spike and fetish dressers.
    I started at five or six and it has never been sexual for me, but quite a few of us have a serious sexual component to their dressing. I can't help but wonder...

And before you challenge me on that 'never' there may have been a correlation in my teen years, but that does not imply a causation. I never dressed just to get off.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Tried on tights when I was about 13. Started wearing other clothes in my mid 20’s.

ShelbyDawn
    I'd be curious to see if there's any correlation between the puberty spike and fetish dressers.

Shelby you are pushing into a whole different side of the subject. What is cross dressing? Cross dressing is simply the wearing of clothes designed for the opposite sex. What I notice is a lot of the girls here are wearing femme wear 365. My opinion is that is beyond the scope of the definition of cross dressing. If you are wearing femme daily you are more on the trans side of the spectrum. I am a straight man that just loves to be able to wear femme clothing. By your definition does that make me a fetish wearer? When I think of fetish cross dressers. I think more of the kinky side. You know the naughty nurse. The sexy nun. And the always present French maid. I wear none of those. When I cross dress I want to look as feminine and pretty as I can but not sleazy. That's where my mind goes when people talk about fetish wearers.
    Don't take my words as a snap back. I see these conversations go round and round the bush. But with no concrete definitions. There is no answers.
    If you buy Craftsman tools instead of DeWalt to match your nails. You might be a cross dresser.

Started trying Mom's makeup when I was about 8. Sisters clothes in junior high. Didn't get my first dress until I was in my 30's. Didn't get a complete outfit together until I was in my 50's. Always been a late bloomer.

I was an early reader including the catalogs we got, especially the ladies lingerie sections. I had to be old enough to stay home alone while my mom shopped to get into her cloths. By that time I was too big to wear anything but her girdles, all good, a wonderful summer of getting naked and tucking so I could look like her down south!