Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why we started crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by StacyG View Post
    I can't recall why exactly I picked a pair of my sister nylon panties up and tried them on when i was just a kid. I loved the way they felt and was hooked. I was born wit a cleft palette and was often ashamed of the way I looked. I loved seeing the girls and women in the Sears, JC Penny, Montgomery wards... Sunday adverts in the Dallas Morning News right there with the comics. I wanted to be pretty like them and wanted to feel the way they made me feel. I wanted to be desirable. I still do at 53, but I need to lose weight.
    I came across an adult magazine that men "only read for the articles". lol There was a beautiful woman in a matching satin green bra, panty and robe set. I can still see her clearly in my mind 40 years later. Dressing was the only way i could feel the way she made me feel.
    I share that same ?wanna be, and feel sexy. Be desired?. Weird that seeing those magazines with beautiful women. Yes I?ve always been attracted to them but at the same time thinking wow, that outfit would feel amazing on.

I love women and love to be like a woman sometimes! Not sure why I am the way I am, but I accept being gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Really thought Lost a Bet or Alien Abduction would make the list!
    hello Karren,
    if that is why you started I will add it to my next survey!
    stay healthy!
    luv J

Just drawn to it like a bee to honey
    Crissy

Age 7 it just seems so natural. I was always more comfortable in girls clothes. My most favorite pastime was the Sears catalog.
    Diane. 🎀

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Tricky to know which came first. Certainly used to play dress up games with my female cousins. Definitely wanted to be a girl, they just had so much nicer clothes and toys. Who doesn't prefer the feel of female clothing to drab?

I definitely fall into a combination of curiosity and wanted to dress like a woman. Curiosity about how it felt to wear such clothes. It wasn't until 40 years later I started trying to look like a woman.

An interesting categoriastion of motives.... I hadn't previously tried to classify the origins of my dressing in this way but I'm quite sure that "Curiosity" is the one main factor.
    Not having any sisters or close female relatives, I didn't pay any attention to girls and what they wore until, understandably, in my young teens, girls became very interesting. Observing the ones I knew - neighbours, girls at the local youth club, girls on their way to school (all our schools were single-sex back in the 1950s) - there was a dramatic change when they (and I) reached our young teens. Suddenly the girls were changing shape and wearing different clothes. They still wore dresses and skirts (very few girls in trousers in those days) but increasingly socks were replaced by nylon stockings....so I became curious to know what that felt like. Suddenly the mysteries of girls' underwear became interesting. How did they keep their stockings up? What did it feel like to have that lovely smooth nylon right up your legs? That's what started it: curiosity.
    Experimentation (with mother's stockings) only partially answered the questions. Over quite a few years, limited by knowledge and availability (no internet, just magazines and catalogues for information - and getting to know some girls a bit better!) I was able to satisfy the curiosity - suspenders to hold up the stockings, a girdle, a slip, a dress....a bra.... That was it! For me, no wish to appear as a woman, only to feel what it was like to wear those clothes. Yes, over many years there was more curiosity to be satisfied: tight skirts, short skirts (tights and panty-girdles in the 70s), high-waist girdles, long-line bras, corselettes, stiffened petticoats, high-heels. All those experienced to find out what it was like for girls and women to wear such things - but no wigs, no make-up, no association with others. Great enjoyment of the sensations and regret at not being able to have the full experience of going out and about in those clothes. So some curiosity never satisfied: yes, under-dressing is a way to find out how it feels to wear a bra, girdle and stockings or tights all day, go shopping, get on a bus, walk in the park, etc, etc. but never to do it with the freedom - or limitation - of a dress or skirt out in the fresh air.
    So there we are: many, many years later, some curiosity remains and will ever remain unsatisfied. But it's all been enjoyable.

It was curiosity. At age 6, I was invited to play ?dress up? with our next door sisters. I had no idea what to expect. It was no big deal until I slipped on pantyhose and high heels. I?ll never forget the ecstatic pleasureful feelings I felt. Of course things definitely progressed to panties, slips, and bras. I?m now retired and dressing is part of my daily activities..definitely panties, bra, hose and a light touch of makeup and perfume. Having a supportive wife makes my dressing all the more natural and enjoyable.

I am 56, I started for a few reasons, Mosly I suffer from low self esteem, And have been single and alone for 7 years. I wanted to feel nice for a change, One night a couple of months ago while a bit tipsy, I bought a bra sone knickers and a lovely red flowery summer dress. When I (Trembling) tried them on, I was walking around my flat saying why have I never done this before!. Now Im hooked. Every night I transform from my oil stained working clothes and transform myself into Natalie. It very comforting to me now and my wardrobe is growing like mad!

Because I wanted to wear the same clothes as the pretty actresses on TV when I was a kid.

I never really had a reason or a choice.

Hi Jacques. That's one of the most comprehensive lists I've ever seen. I think for me the following applies: 0.2% 2 teachers and school receptionist wore. 0.5% more comfortable than men's clothing. 1.2% I always noticed what girls were wearing at the time. Let me add one here: 1.3% may have been influenced by TV Adverts. 1 4% after looking at a womens fashion catalogue (Definitely in my case). 2.1% why not do it? 2.3% definitely. 4.6% out of pure curiousity (100% accurate). 6.5% and 10% (again, 100%).

Looking at the Christmas catalogs, shapewear and slip section sparked my interest and I eventually got the urge to try on my Mom's girdle and nylons and later added the slip. The feeling of the nylons and snug feeling in the girdle and the look in the mirror is how I started.

I was 5 or 6 when I put on a dress for the first time. It was both liberating and exhilarating. I felt like I was getting in touch with a part of me I could not reach otherwise.

I also like the variety of clothing designs, fabrics, colors, patterns, and the entire ritual of beautifying oneself and how some relatively simple procedures brings out a feminine side not even hinted at by my plain look. The process of beautifying oneself is fun and fascinating to behold.

Furthermore, living in an LGBT friendly area, I notice I am treated better and people are generally more considerate and concerned about my well-being when I present as female, so I feel safer. Go figure.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-18-2022 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Sorry, but not discussing this topic
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Why was I born this way? There's no answer to that question, it's just the way it is. Everything else - just conjecture.
    Last edited by KatieV; 07-19-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Don?t remember even thinking about it .
    When I was about 12-13 noticed some of my mom?s underwear and lingerie laying on here bed and decided to put them on .
    Then I went running around the house wearing the lingere in front of my siblings and my mom , thinking it was fun till my mom fussed at me and told me to take her clothes off and never touch them again .
    That was many years ago and the unrecognized thrill I had that day has never left!

The first time, for me, it was curiosity. I was a child (8 or 9, I think), and, at the pool, got curious about why women's swimsuits were different.
    A few days later, I got an opportunity to secretely try on my mother's swimsuit and did.

But of course that only moves the question back a tiny bit: why was I curious about women's swimsuits to the point of wanting to try one on? Most boys ask the question, get an answer and leave it at that.
    So, there has to be some other root cause.

Ah-May-Lee
    .1% Goth, the same as a video game, eh? I wasn't a goth to begin with, I was a punk girl first. Now I am a pastel goth girl, which probably makes the list at .0001%.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

0.6% My mother did sewing and alterations and I got used as the dress dummy. Hated it at first. But then the the sensations of all the soft, smooth fabrics took over and I was hooked. My desires to stay dressed way after the fittings didn't go unnoticed and I was soon replaced by a form my mother got from a second hand store.

I would say, for me is the right answer: "wanted to dress as a female".

I don't know why, I just always wanted to do this. I don't want to be a woman, just want to dress like them and use makeup. I just love women's clothes. More feminine, the better.

I was a late bloomer in that I didn't dress until my mid-fifties. The draw for me can best be described by analogy. Being able to choose from the huge selection of women's clothes is like staying in a high end hotel or resort while men's clothes are like staying in a Motel 6. Of course, not all women indulge in lace or nicer things, but it is available to them if desired.

I started dressing when I was 11 or 12 and got attracted to my mothers fancy underwear. I was always attracted to the women's section of the Sears and Pennys catalogs. Something just went off in my brain and I started sneaking my mothers clothing and wearing it. I do remember trying on her shoes when I was younger. I always thought I should have been born female.

When I was about 11 years old, I noticed the girls at school starting to wear bras and I was curious. I tried on my sisters bra (hidden) and liked the feeling.