Thread: Truth serum

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Truth serum

Somewhere along the road in a spurt of maturity and logic I drew a line in the sand about personal responsibility. A big part of that was to be as close to 100% honest about everything especially finances.

And then there's that CD thing that you've already more or less justified with yourself (maybe not).

I do employ tactical information omission if necessary. Or my favorite double untender, "I'm actually very close to someone who is transgender."
    Or I just let folks prattle on about it from their whimsical point of view for my own personal entertainment.

So how ya' doing with it?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    It depends on the person. I have used the tactical ommission approach and the generally supportive of trans approach, but never the I am close to a transperson approach. That is a good one?I mayb use it in the future!

A friend of mine was forced out three years ago in rotten circumstances. I only found out a few weeks ago, and she has my full support, especially as she's transititioning (took two goes to get the right hormone treatment!)

I told her I'm a crossdresser in private, but she knows that I do know the difference. It's again all about honesty and the freedom to be yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    White lies. The truth hurts. U can't handle the truth. No one tells the truth all the time.

Do I need go on?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I don't volunteer my cross dressing desires to anyone. Is there any reason for me to spread the word? However, if anyone wants to speak ill will about transgender men and women and gays and lesbians they get both barrels.

According to my wife, I lie a lot. All men do, so she says.

I'm inclined to use the "let folks prattle on" approach. I will express my views, but you can learn so much more about a persons character if you let them go on, then laugh about it with your wife later. I see no reason to volunteer info, it's my business.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I like to quote Dr House ?Everyone lies?. But, honestly,😉, I really try to not lie, but don?t reveal all truths.

Interesting. My wife and I were have a somewhat similar conversation the other day. I don't volunteer that information but I let my feelings be known when someone starts talking about transgender people. How could I, as transgender myself, not at least vocally support others.

I believe in honesty and telling the truth. I believe that telling lies is wrong.

That being said, however, you don’t have to reveal your private information to anyone who asks. If some random person asks if you crossdress, answering "none of your business" is the same as saying yes. It's not a lie to say no.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

If I feel I need to know more about the subject than I should, I say that a kid who we sort of adopted thought he was TG for a while, and while he thought he was a she I researched the subject and went so far as to interview an old friend who transitioned. Both also experimented with crossdressing during their journeys.

This sounds way better than I'm a member of crossdressers.com. And the added bonus is it's absolutely true.

My truth is that I love dressing like a woman, then going back to being me! I know that when I get dressed I go all out. My wife says some times I look scary good! She means that it might imply that I want to stay that way and transition. I don't want to be someone else I like being me, a guy that dresses as a woman occasionally. I am happy the way that I am.

My ex- works for a company who provide their staff with a multi-coloured umbrella. I doubt that she associates it with Pride.
    So, anyway, we bumped into each other on a rainy day at a recent event for the grandkids. She gasped when she saw my long hair.
    "You look just like your mother!"
    I decided not to say, "And I like your umbrella!"
    No need to fan the flames if she understood, or leave her wondering what I was getting at, if she didn't.

Say nothing, do nothing ... is a piece of good advice I was given by a lawyer, many years ago.

My wife is vocally anti-trans anything (any form of LGBTQ). So to keep peace in the family, I have learned to stay mute when around her even though she knows I dress and wear lingerie 24/7. I have told a couple of close friends and routinely talk with them as and about Karen and her proclivities. They even encourage and support by providing time for Karen visits and encouraging shopping.