Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not home!

I am not home!

I just had a a close call. I have a friend that is a contactor and I asked to borrow a tall ladder so I can swap out a ceiling fan 15ft up in the air.

He called me and wanted to see the how tall it really is. "I am coming down your street now". Yikes, here I am in FULL Natalie mode. This would have been a disaster. This person is not an open person at all.

"I am not home now". Later today? OK?

I could not have even changed out fast enough to beat his knocking on my front door. Never mind makeup removal.

Those close calls can be heart stopping. Thank goodness he called first.

Haha,

Yea sometimes you have to be quick thinking. I have taken the scissors to clothing before that I could not get out of fast enough but full blown makeup is tricky and easy to miss a spot when in a hurry.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    That would have been awkward

Dodged a bullet there Natalie. Happened to me once. Had to hide in the kitchen fully dressed until unexpected visitor left.

I had something like that happen to me Saturday. I was on call maintenance for the week. Wife and I were dressed on our matching night dresses. I was in the kitchen making our next round of drinks. There was a knock on my door a resident had an emergency and needed me to come right away. But in order for me to go get changed I had to pass by the window the resident was standing next to. Luckily she turned and I sprinted up stairs to put on some drab clothes. Called my boss and asked her to speak to the resident about cold knocking. I told my boss I was not dressed to answer the door to which she understood and laughed.

I notice that nowadays, with everyone having a cell phone, I have fewer unexpected door knockers. I remember a few incidents in the past , though. Like the time I was cooking dinner in a skirt and apron and my brother just walked in without knocking. Loocey had some 'splainin' to do. Fortunately my brother was a good guy and didn't make a big deal about it.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've read a lot of posts like this. Am I the only that won't answer the door or phone when I'm dressed or dressing?

Can someone explain why that's so difficult?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've read a lot of posts like this. Am I the only that won't answer the door or phone when I'm dressed or dressing?

Doc listen to this. Scared the bejesus out of me. Years ago before I married and when I was 20 lbs lighter I was fully dressed. All of a sudden my old roommate/ best friend knocked at the door to my apartment. Oh SHITE! I took off into my bedroom fully dressed and in makeup. My ex roommate was worried about me and spoke to the landlord who had not seen me for a few days either. So they actually unlocked my apartment door. I said I was sleeping. He left and later he and my landlord both apologized profusely. I should not have been overly worried I suppose as I told my bestfriend that I dressed a couple of years earlier and it did not phase him.
    Just another man in a dress

One of the downsides of helping family. Our adult son and my MIL live on our property. They both have access to our house and with the dogs, no one wants to knock. With the wife out of town I've been dressing at the house every day and evening. They have come in to use the washer and dryer and I'd have to jump in the next room.

I had it happen once, when waiting for a UPS delivery. I was fully dressed, make-up and wig, too, and saw the brown truck drive up, driver sprint out, drop off a box (new heels I believe it was) and drive a couple houses down. I waited a minute before I opened the front door and guess who walked-up and was staring me in the face...the UPS driver! He forgot another package and was bringing it to leave with the other. At least I got a big smile and a "Here you go ma'am."

Am I the only that won't answer the door or phone when I'm dressed or dressing?

I agree 100%. If I get a call and the caller isn't identified on my phone, they can leave a message. If the caller is identified, I can determine whether or not to answer it based on who is calling. Answer the door? No way. And, nobody other than my wife and myself have access to getting in our house.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member

Our home has only one window that faces the street. I always had the window drapes drawn. Our garage was converted to living space, so the car may be in the driveway. I never answered. If I got a query later I just say, "Oh, that was you? I was soaking in the tub!" Even though our front door is 70 feet from the curb I can recognize the different engine sounds of the USPS, Fedex and UPS trucks. I can hear the trucks driving away so I know when it is safe to retrieve any parcels left at the door. I also let the answering machine screen any calls on the land line. Cell phone is nothing more than an old flip phone used for emergencies outside the home.

He probably already knows and just wanted to look up your skirt as you climbed the ladder!

Karren, there is an IRL company in my area that is Called MEN IN KILTS window cleaning. So apparently that's a marketable proposition.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Natalie, I understand the panic. I was once dressed when my ex-wife came home early. Fortunately, I retreated to the bathroom and she didn't come up stairs.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jamie, this has happened to me. I do not dress when my wife is around, but she has "caught" me upon returning from a shopping trip early. Not a problem since she knows and is OK, so my approach was "Well, here I am". I could literally feel the adrenaline rush to flee though.

Now if my adult sons should come over unannounced...yikes!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Karren, there is an IRL company in my area that is Called MEN IN KILTS window cleaning. So apparently that's a marketable proposition.
    I wore my kilt this weekend imagining it just being a skirt. All in the name of learning to deal with either people judging me, or more importantly me thinking people are judging me. Felt great, and the only one to say anything was the checkout lady that asked if I was Scottish or Irish and she applauded that I was expressing love for my Irish heritage.

A close call for sure, I can feel how I would panic if it were me
    Crissy

. . . Am I the only that won't answer the door or phone when I'm dressed or dressing? . . .
    Am I the only one who always answers the door when fully dressed? No big deal.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I also don't answer if I'm dressed, but it's still terrifying. AND my kids have keys, and if my truck is out front and music is playing it's hard to pretend I'm not home, and sometimes I forget to lock the door and friends know to just walk in if it's unlocked, and if someone calls me from the front door and hear my phone ringing on the inside, etc.

For an ordinary average guy, you take risks my friend! I have the problem of people assuming I am home if my truck is out front, but luckily the only person who has a key already knows about Brenda. That and she lives in another state so I?m safe that way. There is no way I would leave my front door unlocked. but I do leave french doors in the back open. oops!!

I do not get why I post stuff and there are question marks all over. Apparently apple doesn’t support standard ASCII I guess.

I have answered the door as Natalie a few times. For example: I had a window repair person scheduled on a Tuesday morning. He was from 150 miles away. Anyway it did not stop me from getting dressed that day. I thought to myself, I will never see this person again and if they have an issue, I really don't care.

I let him in, showed which window to replace and that was it.

Regarding today with the ladder that I am borrowing from a contractor friend, he will drop it off. I wish I knew when because I am not Natalie now I kind of want to be. I will have until 9 pm today to dress. My wife is working then driving to visit a girlfriend for dinner. I will more than likely go somewhere tonight as Natalie. It will be over 100 degrees though. Looks like a light sundress is in order.

Platinum Member
    Hi Natalie , You just never know when it will Happen >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yikes! Close call!
    Julianna Frances