Thread: A bit oif a bummer

A bit oif a bummer

I'm leaving tomorrow on a 6 day trip by myself. I am packed and ready to let Heather see the outside world. (Here comes the bummer part.) I wanted so badly to get fitted for a new wig; however, after calling the 2 wig shops on my route I find neither one is CD friendly. Oh well, I'm taking my black dress, all my makeup, and everything else I'll need including the wig in my avatar. I do need to stop and get a purse. I may also get a longer (28") necklace than the one I have.

Tomorrow night I plan to start with a nice soaking in a tub of hot water, shaving my legs, a slight shortening of my eyebrows using my beard trimmer, a good close facial shave, and then enjoying putting on makeup in an unhurried manner. I should arrive at the motel about 4 p.m. I'd like for Heather to be ready to head out between 6 and 6:30. I'm nervous but really looking forward to this. I hope I don't chicken out.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Too bad you found 2 wig shops on your route and neither one wants your money. Honestly what is wrong with them?
    I am sure other CDs have wanted to go there so maybe they are independently wealthy, obviously their loss
    Crissy

You won't chicken out Heather....you've been looking too forward to this to let it slip by the wayside. Sounds like its going to be a great trip, I'll bet you are filled with excited anticipation. Your current wig is fine, looks quite good in fact, a new one just would have been a luxury. I don't think you'll miss it at all.

I am a little curious about the wig shops though- how did you approach the CD friendly question? And how did they respond to let you know they were not CD friendly? I don't know why any business would turn away a paying customer, but hey, looks like some do!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Platinum Member
    Thats disappointing and surprising, considering that your money is just as good as anyone elses. I bought my first three wigs at a shop in Houston near the medical center. As such, I suspect that most of their clients were chemo patients, but the lady who did my fittings took obvious care and delight in helping me pick styles that worked for me. Of course, I did not ask for permission first…I just showed up en femme but wigless. I doubt there would have been a problem in any case.

I hope you can find a more open-minded and accomodating shop along the way!

I live in a quite conservative area in the south (Bible belt country, too). I called them both and simply asked if they were a CD friendly store. Both people asked what that was. When I said crossdresser friendly, they both said the equivalent of "Oh, no." They are both in smaller population areas. I do live about 65 miles north of a large population center; so, one day I'll find a shop there and make the trip. Unfortunately, my trip this week is in the opposite direction.

Banned Read only
    You should go to the stores regardless. Everyone is cash-friendly. The whole concept of businesses being CD- or Trans- or LGBTQ-friendly is a marketing construct prokoted by people who may or may not care at all. Don't limit your enjoyment based on some arbitrary measure of wokeness.

Make the most of it with what you have got and enjoy the trip. I am sure you will be welcome at the wig shop north of where you live. I went to one in the city 35 years ago . It was fine was made welcome and was a wonderful experience.

One thing, most people do not know "crossdresser" In this day and age I find it simpler just to say that I am trans and people get it.

If you want to mess with them ask where the ladies room is and that you want to join the women's swim team..

Heather,

Don't worry about a thing. Relax, enjoy the anticipation and soak in the thrill of Heather being out & about.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Sorry to hear that. But enjoy your trip despite the no wig fitting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather , Just go for it,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm confused, Heather. All this preparation for 6 days of what?

If u live in an area where even wig shops have never heard of CD's where can u possibly go dressed? And, you're even a afraid to go shopping?

I hope you're going to be careful?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Heather.
    Like you I asked if the shops I want to go to are Trans friendly.
    In this case for me it was a wig shop and the lady was great.
    She was probably happier when I parted with $1000 for the 2 wigs but hey you only live once.
    I am sure it wont put you off buying a new wig.
    Enjoy the 6 days as if they were your last.

Philippa Jane

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm confused, Heather. All this preparation for 6 days of what?

If u live in an area where even wig shops have never heard of CD's where can u possibly go dressed? And, you're even a afraid to go shopping?

I hope you're going to be careful?
    Please don't be confused. It is a 6 day trip of which 2 nights (1 each way) will be in a motel in a town I plan to go out cross dressed in the evenings. When I am at my destination, I will not be CDing other than in my room at night. I don't recall saying I'm afraid to go shopping. I do that regularly in male mode when I buy dresses, panties, stockings, nighties, etc. I will be careful; but, I'm not particularly worried about anything.

I wish you the best 6 days of your life

I think it was savvy to call and ask the local stores, and prudent to accept their response. Oh, and screw them.

I had a somewhat fitful night of sleep last night. I had my mind on tonight's closing of the closet door behind Heather - if only for a little while. I also made a shopping list that includes a purse, sunglasses, a lighter shade of Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs, and a few other things. One other thing I did was find a wig store about 5 hours away that I am just going to walk into and see the response I get. I will be dressed in drab when I go in. With luck, it will be a good experience. I am really excited to be on my way in about 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie D50 View Post
    I wish you the best 6 days of your life
    So all downhill from there?

I wonder if the wig shop staff persons you interacted with were the proprietors or just hourly salaried staff. Folks who have wages to pay are a lot more tolerant of people who will bring in the money. I too find that saying I'm trans simplifies a lot of long, boring conversations.

I hope your outing is a pleasant one.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    In my state it would be illegal not to serve a transgender person. I think part of the problem is the identification of "cross dresser" vs. "transgender." The news is flooded with transgender issues, especially as it relates to transgender women. It is a rarity to read or see a television news piece on cross dressing men. I do not think the majority of people would know how to interact on the spur of the moment with a cross dressing man. In the past I did two purchases of wigs in person and did not have an problem. A young woman was enthusiastic in helping, although I will admit I did it under the ruse of Halloween. The other was an older woman who was helpful but not too communicative.

Maybe you'd find the staff more helpful if you showed up totally en femme looking to swap out your wig for something new. Just do not apply makeup in an area of the face that would have the hair come into contact with makeup. I check the internet in my area to get a sense of whether the shops indicate transgender friendliness. There were "Yelp" reviews, etc which may be helpful in locating a friendly shop.

Anyway, enjoy your time.