Thread: Heather went out after shopping

Heather went out after shopping

As I was leaving town today, I stopped at Walmart (about 10 miles away) and purchased a 28" necklace, pink press on nails, a pair of sunglasses, and another 6 pack of lace panties. Then I drove about 10 more miles to the outlet mall. I went into the Hanes/Bali store and was able to get the only 2 pair of Hanes Silk Reflections in "Barely There" shade in my size. They were having a closeout sale on them as they are going to discontinue carrying them in the store. Then I went to Skechers to find out they might have a few size 10 sandals in stock that will not fit my size 12 foot. I then went to Famous Footwear and found a size 11 sandal that I really liked. I sat down, tried them on, and bought them. If the gal 1 aisle over (I was in full view of her) noticed what I was trying on, there was no reaction.

Then, I thought I had found a wig store I would just walk into on my way. I can tell you the Q Beauty Supply store in Petersburg, VA is no longer in the location shown on the internet. Oh well, I figured I was supposed to go out with the wig I already have.

I got to the Holiday Inn and lugged some of my bags in, checked in, and went to the room (4th floor). I got dressed, applied makeup, put on the wig, and walked down the 4 flights of stairs. My room is next to the stairwell with an exit door on the 1st floor. I walked outside and went to my car which was parked in the area in front of the lobby door. Okay, it was pushing 7 p.m. so let's get fast food at the Burger King drive-thru just up the block. Oops, it was closed. Since I have no idea where anything is in this town, I decided I wanted to go to a park in the daylight. The closest park required a drive thru residential neighborhoods and ended up being rather nice. However, there were quite a few people there including a lot of jock types playing basketball. There was no out of the way parking or seating so I thought it best to move on. The next park the GPS came up with turned out to be a park at the University of Virginia that required a University parking decal. Time to move on. The next 2 parks the GPS thought I should visit were both in what may well be the projects. I figured it was time to head back to the motel. No new wig and no parks to wander around.

When I got back to the motel, I parked out front again and got 1 last bag out of the car trunk. As I walked thru the lobby to the elevators (the exit doors are void of outside handles so they cannot be entered thru), the 2 people at the counter didn't react to me walking thru while rolling a suitcase by my side. I got on the elevator. Before the door closed a guy got in it, as well. He never took his eyes off his cell phone while texting.

I am going to do a LOT more research for my return trip so I can get out and enjoy it a bit more. However, for a first outing, I am stoked and can hardly wait for Sunday night.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, that sounds awesome. I still remember my first time out and how nervous I was. Today I was out shopping and having lunch completely dressed and just felt "normal". It was so freeing. I'm finding the more I do the easer it is. Hope you enjoy!
    Roxie
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Heather,

Sounds like at least you broke the ice and got out, no monsters came out.

It does get easier every time you get out. Sorry everything didn't go as planned that's one thing when you are in a place you're not familiar with.

Sorry things did not all go to plan Heather, As a CD we have to make collapsible plans.At least you got out for the first time which you enjoyed. The next time can only get better.

You sound like a pro getting out there shopping and trying things on. It's that GPS. Once in New Mexico I was following it to the Hilton which turned out the be someones back yard when it said I had arrived. Definitely plan your parks and shopping centers putting in the addresses too. Still a great adventure.

Heather, sounds like you are well on your way to being out and about.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Enjoy your adventure!

Keep going and keep enjoying Heather.

Karen

Heather, it sounds like you had a perfectly normal and wonderful time out, ain't it a blast!

I am making plans for my return trip Sunday and Monday. I decided to select a motel with individual outside room doors so I don't have to go thru the lobby to get in and out of my room. The town I selected is small, but not too small. Guess what, there is a wig store (at least the internet shows there to be one) about 1 block from the motel. You can bet I'll be at their door when they open Monday morning. It won't help me Sunday night; but, that okay. This town also has several parks. I've selected on with no ball diamonds and no basketball courts. It has decent parking and a half mile nature trail overlooking the river that runs thru town. That is the selected venue to get out and walk around. I'll play dinner as it happens. I'm hoping to get there about 4 pm so I'll have more daylight after dressing. Exciting times ahead.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.