Thread: Another bucket list item crossed off the list!

Another bucket list item crossed off the list!

Last Sunday morning, as usual, got up, shaved and put on a nice skirt and top. I got my make up on and my wig combed out and looking presentable. I was drinking coffee and doing a little reading in my den. Wife walks in and we were discussing what to do for the day. I jokingly said, I'm ready.
    Let's go to church and then get some lunch. While I have done a lot of things and we routinely go out to eat on Sunday afternoon all dressed up I had never been to a church service dressed. We decided to visit a non-denominational church that opened last year near us. I was a little nervous but the people were friendly without being nosey. The service was excellent and we both enjoyed it immensely. Over lunch we discussed it and plan on attending again this coming Sunday.

Not a big deal I guess but something I have wanted to do but never had the opportunity.

Rachel

Rachel, That's great. I'm a recovering Catholic and sometimes go to a local Unitarian Church with my wife. I have never gone dressed but I have seen several sisters at the services over the years. I'm glad your wife was so accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's great that both of you could go out together as women and be accepted!

It is a very big deal Rachel - I am happy that you were able to attend a nice church service with your wife and that the people were so friendly to new people

Congratulations!!!!

That is a very big deal Rachel. Congratulations!!!!

Platinum Member
    For those of us without an accepting wife this is a big deal. I could only pray for the day my wife and I could sit down and have a cup of tea and mug of coffee together while en femme.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r so brave Rachel!

I'm afraid to go to any American church dressed any way!

Altho, I have dressed in temples in Cambodia and Japan. They r more accepting of CD's there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I think that is a pretty substantial step. I must say, I admire (and envy) the relationship you and your wife share!

We have been married almost 47 years. We have been through a lot together between kids, families, and just life in general. She is truly a very special person. We're looking to retire soon and can't wait to catch up on some of the things we want to do.

Your wife sounds like a wonderful lady Rachel. Give her an extra hug & a kiss, she deserves it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Well done Rachel.
    Don't forget to have some projects when you get to retirement (XY always need something to do after work stops otherwise the heart also stops)

I've only been to church service once in the last 20 years, was pleasantly surprised that no one reacted to me being dressed nicely and people just chatted to me like they would any other woman.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

We returned again this past Sunday. Again people were friendly but not nosey. We enjoyed the service, went and had pizza for lunch. My wife needed to go to work for a while so I dropped her off and went shopping. Didn't buy a lot but had a good time looking. Picked her up and we grabbed something to take home for dinner. A great ending to a great day.