Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts if someone wants you to stop

I have a good friend that keeps dragging home "stray" women. None are that bad, but some baggage of some sort. He hooked up with a woman a while back. He is very social and likes to go out for breakfast at the local cafe, and run around town and visit friends, and maybe go have a couple beers at the VFW of Legion on Saturday evening. She wants to sit at home and watch reruns on TV. He can not get her to leave the house.

I told him that they were not a match and let her go, but he insists on "fixing" her. After a couple months he has decided she just wants to live that way and there is no changing her.

I don't know why people met that are not compatible and they want to force the relationship. If they are different, there is nothing wrong with that, but don't force it, move on and find a person that likes you for who you are and can accept that, and that goes both ways.

I wish she would look into it more and understand it

But I am glad you told her her you would not stop.

If the conversation goes any further explain it is part of you and maybe even direct her to read more about it.

I have been here many years and the ones that tried stopping ( and the seriously tried) it NEVER lasts.

One more thing a big huge well done for being upfront.
    Although it is hard it is much worse later.
    She is not-the one and her loss.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Aspiring Member
    many people say they would stop cding for their family. im sure some do and live happy lives without ever cding again.

this girl is not the person you do that for.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    Isn't this a crossdressing version of Forrest Gump?

In any case, you know you won't be able to stop for all that long. Why give it up and resent her, only to then break that promise again.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryAverageGuy View Post
    She said you're too dark and you must change, and you dress differently and you must change. I wonder how many other things she won't like about you after you get together. Get ready to mold yourself into a completely different person just to please a nutjob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Helena,

Are you wrong to think this way? No.

I think you've answered your own question. What you do, your dressing, is part of who you are. It would be akin to you asking her to give up her faith to please you.

And as you say, the person you see now isn't the same as the one from your past. She's changed so by all means stay in touch but leave it as a friendship not a relationship. Failing that draw a line under it and walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    Its impossible to stop at any price believe me !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Even without addressing the question of stopping, you have said that you do not have feelings for the woman she is today. You cannot recover the person of twenty years past. Secondly, but still very important is that she has no right to ask you to adopt her belief systems. Third, and obvious as well, is that cross dressing is a positive aspect in your life and she even acknowledges that she does not want to contribute to your unhappiness. Trying to stop would very much make you unhappy in the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Denier View Post
    Helena, I think that ship sailed long ago.In the past you were interested in her but she not so much in you . Sounds like the present is vice versa.The world is full of women that tried and failed to enforce changes on their partner. It just doesn?t work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Helena , Find the Nearest EXIT and Run don't Walk through it, and Don't look Back, >Orchid**OO**
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia B View Post
    Run away from her and don?t look back. She is a bad influence and you know it. There are other attractive women out there willing to love you for who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Helena, A women who starts a relationship wanting to change you is not interested in you, but what you can give her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena J View Post
    Thanks for all the input I wasn't shure if I was being wrong to think this way or bad for not feeling that way towards her anymore. My reply to her would probably be along this line. That if I force myself to stop then I'm going to be very unhappy becouse dressing up comes from deep in my soul and it makes me happy and feel good at what I see now this part of me has always been there since childhood. And I'm only really looking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    sometimes people come into our lives, we have whatever relationship were supposed to have, then we head in separate directions.
    I think you did your relationship decades ago, perhaps she was there to teach you about heartbreak and now that time is over.
    GO forward in life, not backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Run Forest, Run! Lol

Sounds more like she is taking you on as some kind of religious project! Save the sinner! Walk away now! You know you can not quit and she and her religion will always try to change you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    You aren't wrong for thinking of yourself first. There are plenty of women out there. Find one who will love you just the way you are!

As I'm really short women don't hit on me very often. But it happened a few weeks ago when I was dressed in my girly golf clothes.
    It should be pretty obvious when the questions try to figure out your employment status! And they make it obvious that they are single. Just like that. Boom!
    But, not always. Guys can be quite oblivious to signs that women are interested in you!

Marion
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxieChristine View Post
    Helena, my first marriage ended bitterly (nothing to do with dressing). Years later as we were working through college stuff for our daughter she kept complaining about the way I looked at things. When I asked her why she married me if she didn't like so much about me, her reply was telling. "I thought I could change you". That type of relationship will never work unless you WANT to change. Trust me I've been there.
    I understand reconnecting with past flames. I have someone who is a dear friend and back in high school I wanted to date her but she was always after the guys with the flashy cars. Reconnected and she is also a very different person. She had changed and not necessarily for the best. She is still like a sister to me, but no thoughts of the "old days" even start to creep in. As a matter of fact I've felt a couple of times that I got lucky nothing worked between us.
    Your situation sounds somewhat similar and I'd suggest taking a step back and really examine the situation carefully before proceeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I haven't read the other responses to your OP yet, so forgive me if I'm repeating things.

I think the proper, decent response that would be the best for the both of you is something along the lines of:

"It's nice to reconnect with you, but I can see that we've both changed. I've finally found myself and I cant/won't give that up. It's cost me too much to get this far. I also can't/won't ask you to change how you feel. It's apparent that our paths in life are just to different for us to travel together, but I'd like to be able to still stay in touch, if you're OK with that.

You get the idea - some form of the "friends" speech.

<update> Oh - I see you did already. Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel05 View Post
    I think you might have answered your own question and from my point of view I know for me that it would be extremely hard, if not impossible for me to stop my dressing, as you have said, it is very much a part of you and I think maybe you might manage for a little while but eventually you will miss it and all she will do is drive you underground and that in itself can be a stressful place to be, it was for me

I like who I am and I am lucky that I have people in my life that like who I am too, I can dress, be fully open about it with them and life feels good, I think you like who you are too, shame she doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelB. View Post
    Rachel's must think alike. Read your post. I see the answer in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    Helena - As far as relationships go , whether CDing is a factor of not, I think it's important to remember that your ex is your ex for a reason. You've already identified the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    Helena, I think you took the right step in telling her that your dressing is a part of who you are and you are not going to try to give that up. It is exactly the right thing to do because a relationship with her would never work. I suspect she is a good person and you are too. You two are just not compatible and that is OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    You did the right thing for yourself and for her. She didn’t love you, she wanted to change you. That’s not love. And as for not wanting to hurt someone feelings, its understandable, but, and I know this from personal experience, avoiding the unpleasant truth can leave you stuck in an enduring lie, something that is inevitably more painful for both.

Like the old (sigh) Bonnie Raitt song says, “you can’t make your heart feel something it won’t”, or digging even further back into the archives to the Righteous Brothers: “You’ve lost that loving feeling, and its gone….
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    Here is the question to ask yourself. Why does she thinks it’s fair for you to change to meet her expectations and not the other way around. There is a reason you never got together, trust the reason why that never happened. You have every right to be who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I have a good friend that keeps dragging home "stray" women. None are that bad, but some baggage of some sort. He hooked up with a woman a while back. He is very social and likes to go out for breakfast at the local cafe, and run around town and visit friends, and maybe go have a couple beers at the VFW of Legion on Saturday evening. She wants to sit at home and watch reruns on TV. He can not get her to leave the house.

I told him that they were not a match and let her go, but he insists on "fixing" her. After a couple months he has decided she just wants to live that way and there is no changing her.

I don't know why people met that are not compatible and they want to force the relationship. If they are different, there is nothing wrong with that, but don't force it, move on and find a person that likes you for who you are and can accept that, and that goes both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I wish she would look into it more and understand it

But I am glad you told her her you would not stop.

If the conversation goes any further explain it is part of you and maybe even direct her to read more about it.

I have been here many years and the ones that tried stopping ( and the seriously tried) it NEVER lasts.

One more thing a big huge well done for being upfront.
    Although it is hard it is much worse later.
    She is not-the one and her loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    many people say they would stop cding for their family. im sure some do and live happy lives without ever cding again.

this girl is not the person you do that for.
    Thank you all for your input and points of view and insights I really do appreciate it helped alot :-)

Helena,

You did the exact right thing. Hooking up with that woman would have been miserable for both of you.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

There are other fish in the ocean. Sometimes it is better to just cut and run. It is one thing for someone to try to stop a person from dressing after they get married - understandable. But to try to mold someone into another person beforehand - that is a huge red flag. What else would she want to change about you as time goes on.

My 2 cents is like the others who say run the other way. Find one who is accepting and she will just be a memory.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Any woman who is going to paint you as a sinner and in need of some sort of redemption is bad news for you. She'll take you to her church so you can become enlightened....BS. She will attempt to unravel any progress you made for self acceptance. I'm sure she would find some other grievances to remedy. If you have any LGBTQ friends or acquaintances they'll be on the do not associate list. IMHO, people like her are toxic. You're wise to severe any contact with her.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There is a quote that I saw many years ago. When you think about a guy who CD's when he marries, then his years of marriage, read this quote.

"Why does a woman marry a man, then spends 20 years changing him, only to finally say, he is not the man I married!"

Too true to not think about!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Well, no. I don't think I would. I don't WANT to stop, and I doubt I COULD stop anyway.

I told my wife I love her for who she is; so why is she afraid to admit that the cross dresser is part of the man she loves? She seems to have learned to put up with me as Joanne!