Thread: Must I go drab again? (lol)

Must I go drab again? (lol)

Well, of course I do; but, I'm not sure I want to. Naturally, fantasy is a whole lot different than reality. Heather went out again tonight. First on my to do list was to shave my legs and then my face. Next up was putting on black lace pantie, a black bra, and forms. Then a pair of Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs were put on followed by my black dress and black shoes. I put the wig cap on to hold my hair back so I could put on some makeup. Then it was a ring, a bracelet on each wrist and one on my left ankle. Then the wig went on and then the press on nails. I put my driver's license, some cash, my room key, a hairbrush, car key fob, and reading glasses in my black purse. Off I drove to the park with sunglasses in place. It had rained earlier today and also while i was getting ready.

There was nobody else at the park (I suspect due to the weather); but, I got out of my car and walked the short nature trail. That's when I decided I don't ever want to wear drab again. After walking around for a short time, I figured it was time for dinner. No, I'm not ready to go in and sit down in a restaurant. I did, however, go thru a drive thru. Heather was treated (if you call it that) to her first McDonalds crispy chicken sandwich and fries. When I went to the first window, my heart was in my throat with anxious anticipation. The young gal asked f the crispy chicken and fries was my order. I handed her a $10.00 bill, nodded in the affirmative and held out my hand for my change. I wonder if she noticed my nails. On to the next window where the gal handed me the sack of food and I took t. Again, I wondered if she noticed my nails.

Observations tonight. First, coffin nails are wider than the regular nails and fit my fingers quite nicely. I LOVE how they look. But how does one do certain tasks with nails like these? lol!!! I had a guy checking out Heather at a stop light. However, I'm certain he was wondering why that gal is driving a hemi Challenger. Hey, girls can have fun, too. Walking the nature trail in a dress and lace panties felt wonderful as the light breeze felt great on my upper thighs and other body parts/areas. In all seriousness, I have no desire whatsoever to transition; but, living daily wearing women's clothing 100% of the time would be wonderful. What I need to do is get a makeover to learn how best to apply makeup. Tomorrow, I go to the wig store about 1/2 mile from the motel.

The first picture is in the motel room mirror. The next is showing some bushes/trees behind me on the nature trail. The 3rd is of the nails - I love them but hate my 76-year-old hands. The last picture is of the white sandals I purchased on Wednesday.

20220717_191755.jpg 20220717_195002.jpg 20220717_203211.jpg 20220713_211115.jpg
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Sounds like a lovely day - thanks for sharing

That all sounds wonderful to me, including the hemi Challenger. 👍

Banned Read only
    Can you expand on your comment of how you have no desire to transition, but would like to live dressed as female 100% of the time?

For me, that's a social transition. It isn't medical, but to present as a woman, and to have interactions as a woman, it's a transition?

I know transition has a whole spectrum of responses if you ask somebody what it means to them, so keen to understand more

Well done Heather! Quite the adventure! Your hands look very elegant.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Well done Heather. You look great, and it's so liberating to get out. Those nails look fantastic!

Heather, good for you. There is no going back.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    Can you expand on your comment of how you have no desire to transition, but would like to live dressed as female 100% of the time?

For me, that's a social transition. It isn't medical, but to present as a woman, and to have interactions as a woman, it's a transition?

I know transition has a whole spectrum of responses if you ask somebody what it means to them, so keen to understand more
    My use of transition was intended to mean gender affirming surgery. Regardless of one's definition of transition, it isn't going to happen so it really doesn't matter in my case. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh go ahead! Take all your male clothes to goodwill! Wear a dress every day! Be pretty all the time! Tell everybody I said it was alright!

That last part won't do you a bit of good, by the way.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Sounds like you had a fun outing. I can relate to not wanting to go back to drab ever again. I'd very much like that too. Maybe one day.

I have only been to a restaurant crossdressed once. I went there with a friend. I probably would not have dared otherwise. All I can say is it was alot of fun and I highly recommend it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

It is so liberating being outside en femme, but I know just how you feel when its time to go back to drab, sigh. I love your nails!
    Traci

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for including pix, Heather. I have neither the patience nor imagination to follow verbal descriptions!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just another 'Gurl'
    Good for you. Sounds like you had a rewarding experience.
    Just another man in a dress

Nice Heather. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your trip. I agree, it is such a bummer to have to go back to dressing in drab.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I have neither the patience nor imagination to follow verbal descriptions!
    That's pretty much how I operate, too.

Since the press on nails are good for only one use, I stopped at Walmart today and purchased 2 more sets of the same nails/same color. I was hoping they might have other colors; but, they didn't. I may have to go to another ULTA store for other colors as I believe the ULTA where I purchased them did have several colors. Something I forgot to mention - these nails stayed on great yet were quite easy to remove. To remove them (sorry Sherry for a description only) I placed my fingertip against the side of a table with the end of the nail on top of the table. Then I pressed down on the body of the nail (on top of my natural nail) while pushing my finger downward toward the floor. That caused the press on nail to come loose on the end and a bit on the sides. Then I simply pulled the nail completely off. I pressed down on my natural nails so as not to pull them off with the press ons as my natural nails are quite weak and split easily. Removing all 10 nails took less than 5 minutes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I struck out again with regard to a wig. I went to the beauty store to discover this wig store caters to an ethnic clientele quite different than my ethnicity.
    Last edited by Heather76; 07-18-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Heather, going out dressed is exciting what ever you do. My 3rd outing was going to a restaurant by myself dressed. No one batted an eye or gave me a stink eye and the waiter m'amed me. After that I have few qualms about it, other than ensuring I'm not in my small town 😉

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Love the Nails and the Sandals Heather. Enjoy the great outdoors.

Heather your nails are absolutely beautiful!

So great you got out and about. It does feel so wonderful and freeing. Great outfit, you look good. I just got a new wig in the mail and need to do some trimming. Just to shy to go in a store searching. You took such brave steps and I admire that.

Looks like the start of a wonderful adventure Heather.Your pics look great and you are developing your look.