Thread: Thick, thick fog

Thick, thick fog

So poor Addie finds herself in the midst of a bad storm again. Thick pink fog has descended on me and I?m sending my pics to random cross dressers on Instagram, signing up for ?sissy? courses and planning secret shopping excursions after work. I?ve got it really bad. I don?t know what caused it or how long this one will last.

What do you girls do to control it? And are there ways to moderate your urges? I want it all, but also don?t want it to screw up life too much.

you never control it, but please dont put yourself at risk !!!, putting your pics everywhere and contacting peeps you dont know, CONCENTRATE GIRL !!!, find your local LGBT etc., book weekend away where you can dress and meet other peeps and walk out safe, please be careful, and yes it is fun in the right place , I know I do it.

Adelina,

You should be more careful when sending pics. While everything might be fine, you could end up sending then to the wrong person.

If you are out to those in your area then it will be less of an issue.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yes absolutely!! don't do any more! you never where the pics might end up in or if at sometime in the futuer they get used against you, Please for all of us be careful and be safe.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I find that Life tends to get in the way of dressing for me. I had a good round of pink fog last week so I wedged in a couple opportunities, then I let Life get in the way. Set time limits and plan doing other things. Do be careful, though.

Adelina, You can't really control it, but how you react too it is a different thing. I would never send pictures to unknown third parties and suggest that you cease that behavior.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The only way I know to moderate it is marry an unaccepting spouse! Sigh.

Addie, pink fog can be controlled to some extent, but it takes a lot of effort and practice. In part it is a matter of identifying your personal triggers and then consciously limit your exposure to those triggers or, even better, counter them with different thinking. But you cannot get rid of the triggers because some of those seem to simply go with the territory. Trigger identification,though, is tough to do.

A lot of times the pink fog occurs after concluding some stressful period in your life and you feel free of the confinement imposed by the stressor. Sort of like an animal being let out of a cage - they go a little crazy. We can show the same behavior and for us that is pink fog. Unfortunately, it is not a one size fits all thing. This occurs in most of us because dressing is more often than not a relaxing and comforting activity due to the nature of our identity. The opportunity to sit back and kind of vegetate in your most comfortable state can become pseudo-addictive. It is not an addiction; it is being in touch with the deepest and most personal part of your sense of who you are. That is never wrong but it can produce some strong motivations and some irrational behavior.

The irrational behavior may be controlling you right now and you can control that by realizing it is irrational and find the path to pulling that back. Enthusiasm is great but when it becomes irrational it can make you do risky things which can be dangerous.

Try working out what it is about your identity that is most precious and most appreciated by others and focus on trying to stay more or less within that realm. You may find that it doesn't take a lot to bring a calmness over you.

Aromas are very powerful mood changers. Do you have a favorite fragrance you use when dressed? Put a dab of it on your upper lip so it can dominate your sense of smell. In some people it can create an immediate and comforting reaction that calms things down quite a bit. So instead of trying to stop the triggers you find things that let the trigger work but keep it from going out of control. Complete self acceptance goes a long ways toward keeping pink fog from becoming a typhoon which may be a bit like what you are feeling now. That is, to some extent, the brass ring you are reaching for.

Sorry to worry anyone, all the pics I send are FaceApped (God bless it)and I have a pretty private email. Thanks for the great tips too!

Platinum Member
    I do set limits for myself on how much I will spend for clothes, I limit my contacts to people I know and try very hard to defer any impulsive idea. Acting on impulse seldom has a good outcome.

The pink for is very powerful and is more powerful than any drug. The good thing is that drugs can destroy your life, while the pink fog will bring you peace and tranquility.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Much as I hate to disagree with you, Jamie001, the pink fog can destroy a person's life too.

How many stories have we heard here about losing jobs, friends, and yes - marriages?
    And we've all heard stories of people getting beaten or killed for daring to dress. (fortunately, less and less - but still...)

This phrase just popped into my head, so I'll share it, FWIW:
    "Dance in the mist, but don't get lost in the fog."

Glad as I am sure we all are that you are taking precautions to safeguard your privacy, wouldn't it be safer to post your pics here than sending them to strangers who did not ask for them?

Depending on the device used to take the pictures, the image you send may contain additional data you may not care to share, including your location. Look up EXIF data.

I don't know why pink fog ebbs and flows, but my theory is that the only way to keep it steady is to crossdress constantly. I hope that does not come as a disappointment.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!