Thread: My mother never told me...

My mother never told me...

Had a funny thought a few minutes ago when I put on my new heels; 'My mother never told me how much a difference there was between four inch and five inch heels.'
    My next thought was, 'Well, duh...'

And that of course leads me here where a great wealth of knowledge and experience lives.
    I thought it would be fun for us to each share that one thing you wish your mother had told our fem selves - had they known.
    Funny, serious, or absurd, let's have some fun with this and see how far it goes.

I'll, start with what brought me this idea...

My mother never told me how much a difference there was between four inch and five inch heels.

Next...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

That looking good takes hard work.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My mother never told me which way the zipper or slit on a skirt goes! She always wore skirts to work (never jeans). Still do not know for sure!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That's because there is very little difference between 4" and 5" heels!

Now, 4" and 6" is a whole other story!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wish my Mom had taught me about matching high heels to my feet. I've learned that mine need a tight fit in the heel and the higher the heel the smaller my size needs to be. A tight fit in the heel helps keep me from wabbling side to side. My toes always take the most punishment. So even if I get a size 9 my feet slide forward, my toes get jammed, and my heel slides right up and out of the shoe. So I take an 8 to 8 1/2 women's in heels.
    I also wish she'd taught me more about makeup and hair. As a young lad she'd put curlers in my hair and after it set take them out and say how cute I looked. My sister and I would watch her doing her makeup each morning and she'd always put some lipstick on each of us. But never explained about foundation and eye makeup. Later on my sister would try full makeovers on me, with curlers, makeup and clothes. But never taught me about matching my outfits. She was also hot for high heels and stockings. It was in the 60's and they were always reinforced heel and toe, all nylon sheer garter stockings. Or fully fashioned with back seams. Gee, I wonder where my love of women's clothes came from?

Thanks for reading,
    Linda

How to apply makeup, because she never wore it. To this day I have not got a clue.But wonder if I could due to allergies.

I wish that my mom taught how to put on makeup and how to be a dancer. I always wanted to be a dancer, but was to scared of being one. My mom would always put on makeup and do her hair everyday before going out in public. I am ok with my makeup, but I wish that I was better at it.

My issue in dressing is the application of makeup, particularly eye makeup. The only makeup my mother ever wore was blush and lipstick. Never wore eye makeup, so she could net help me there.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Can't say I wanted my mom to teach me much in this regard. However, I did learn alot being around her. I was drug along as my mom took my sister to a friend who had won several large beauty contests, and learned how to properly walk and enunciate my words. Then she owned a dress shop and I went with her to some buyers markets. Picked up a few style points and learned what I liked from them.
    The one time I can remember my mom helping me dress was for a "womanless beauty review" the school boosters club put on. I got a beautiful dress, but it ended up being paired with a hideous wig and garish makeup. I was so disappointed.

I always wondered the advantage of strapless bras as those were the only type my mother ever wore. Not a bra with a strap anywhere in her wardrobe. I understand wearing one with certain dresses; but, not 100% of the time.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I wish she had shown me how use a sewing machine. She taught me to cook and to bake, but not how to sew.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Linda,

I think we know.

Davina

My mother never told me how to set my hair.
    I would have loved to learn those lessons about curlers and rollers and all.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My Mother did not teach me anything about how to dress or cook. My 3 older sisters..... that is another story. Plus my wife loves to dress up all the time. She shows me plenty by my observation alone.

One night my wife and I were laying bed and I was wearing a bra. She looks at me and said. "Didn't your mom tell you not to wear your bra ti bed?" Nope she never did.

Tracy

Aspiring Member
    My mom never told me how expensive it was to be a girl.
    Sara

That wearing her panties, bras, OBG, skirts, dresses, etc was going to be so much fun!
    Crissy

I love being a girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    My Mother did not teach me anything about how to dress or cook.
    I had to learn it all myself through reading, watching and listening, and talking with other girls. But she did tell me not to wear her panties, bras and stockings
    I love being a girl

I managed to figure things out from observing women and emulating what I like.

Ah-May-Lee
    Mother never told me to beware of bad men. I didn't get that talk as a teen and paid the price.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

... that there were other people like me.

But to be fair, I don't believe she knew either.

Platinum Member
    My mother conveyed the thought that males who wore women's clothing were perverts and degenerates. By her actions she taught me not to be judgemental of others.

My mom never taught me about boys never told me how expensive it is to look pretty

Dad's sisters taught me about makeup

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    That looking good takes hard work.
    Not for those lucky ones; the women who roll out of bed in the morning, and all they have to do, is brush the hair out of their faces, and look terrific. I'm lucky enough to have dated a few of those, and was married to one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Never worn any heels higher than 2 1/2 inch, I'm tall enough. LoL My mother was so not an inspiration for any of my crossdressing, she was a business woman. My Nana though, taught me to knit, crochet, make cookies and so much more. So to the thread question, my mother never told me life as a woman could be so much fun.