Thread: Ever get a giggle from crossdressing music

Ever get a giggle from crossdressing music

Today I had to make a stop on the way to pickup the wife at the airport. I wasn't paying attention, but stopped for a pitstop as I left. In the restroom you could really hear the music. I couldn't stop myself while washing up. I just started laughing. It was the old "Dude Looks Like a Woman". I had the urge to just say Thanks to no one on particular 😀
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

I'm going to go with Shania Twain, Man! I feel like a women!
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I always got a kick out of the Kinks "Lola", and I always enjoy listening to the lyrics when I hear it, even now . As a younger guy I thought to myself "How could he not know Lola was a man?" I understand much better now - she just presented very well!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I'll nominate Bitty Boppy Betty from Pink Martini's album 'Splendour In the Grass'. I'd played the album several times before one or other of the song's lyrics sunk in and I listened to it again properly. It instantly became a favourite. It's now fun to play the album when I've company, knowing the song will air and while it might seem just another track, my SO and I will understand its significance.

I love "Dude looks like a Lady" by Aerosmith, not so much for the crossdressing theme, but because it's hard-core rock and roll.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I don't remember caring much about scones until I heard Monty Python's Lumberjack song.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I always liked Take a Walk on the Wild Side, ?Plucked her eyebrows on the way, shaved her legs and then he was a she? Lou Reed

A couple of songs come to mind. Hes a woman Shes a man Scorpions and Arnold Layne Pink Floyd.

I've always gotten a kick out of the song "Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear", sung to the tune of "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" from the Bob Rivers "Twisted Christmas" album. I think it describes the euphoria we all feel when we put on our favorite items of women's clothing to a "T"...pun obviously intended - LOL

The accuracy of that account also makes one wonder if maybe - just maybe -'ole Bob might not have been a "civilian" after all...

I know all the lyrics to every spice girls song and it?s hard to not sing them when I hear it lol

Quote Originally Posted by AmeeJo View Post
    I always liked Take a Walk on the Wild Side, ?Plucked her eyebrows on the way, shaved her legs and then he was a she? Lou Reed
    If you?re not aware that song actually is about real transgendered individuals (at least three of the people discussed are). It?s about the scene that followed Andy Warhol with Holly being Holly Woodlawn, Candy being Candy Darling, and Jackie being Jackie Curtis.

Ah-May-Lee
    Cherry Lips by Garbage
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Not really a crossdressing song but one that talks to me as a crossdresser is the Chorus from Isis by the Gogoo Dolls.

I don't want the world to see me
    I don't think they'd understand
    Everythings made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am
    I just want you to know who I am
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Manchmal View Post
    I'll nominate Bitty Boppy Betty from Pink Martini's album 'Splendour In the Grass'.
    I'd never heard of it, so I looked it up.
    Cute.

I remember as a kid, arguing with my sister about what the song "Lola" was about. I still get a little chuckle when I hear it, remembering how she kept insisting "No, it's NOT!"
    and, of course, the Lumberjack song always makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossKimmy View Post
    I know all the lyrics to every spice girls song and it?s hard to not sing them when I hear it lol
    "So tell me what you want, what you really, really want..." (as if we didn't know - LOL!)

Wow, my eyes are being opened 😉 I never thought of some of these songs like this 😀 couple that have always hit home for me that I can associate with so much of my life, including cross dressing are, Sly and the Family Stone: Thank You for Lettn me be myself, and Adam Ant: Goody 2 Shoes, the course Alys hit home on that one for me.

Ironically, “Dude looks like a Lady” isn’t actually about crossdressing. Steven Tyler wrote the song about Vince Neil of Motley Crue.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I'm going to go with Shania Twain, Man! I feel like a women!
    Funnily enough that song annoys me, and i cant listen to it.
    Always used to love it but not now.. Cant explain why.

"Androgynous" by The Replacements. I saw them at "Boston Calling" one year and, surprising to me, the whole audience seemed to know the words, and sang along. The 1975 was at that show as well , with their song "Chocolate" which had the line "Guns hidden under our Petticoats". So kind of a double treat for me.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    I always got a kick out of the Kinks "Lola", and I always enjoy listening to the lyrics when I hear it, even now . As a younger guy I thought to myself "How could he not know Lola was a man?" I understand much better now - she just presented very well!
    Nah, he knew. I think it was in one of the first verses, 'in a dark, low voice', and once he gets to, 'Walks like a woman, but talks like a man' is an immediate giveaway. Still, at the end he says he's glad he's a man 'and so is Lola'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I know I've voted once in this thread; can I go again? Yes? Then I nominate Ava Max's "So Am I". Not specifically about CD but strikes a chord.

Ob la de Ob la da by The Beatles... "Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face and in the evening She's a singer in the band"

Greta X by Adam Ant is one of my favorite crossdressing songs.