Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trans, CD, or what? How do u know what u r?

Straight guy who wears clothing atypical to my assigned gender from time to time.

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    Cross-Dressing (The Verb) is something SHARED IN COMMON with Straights, gays and Trans-
    No, it is not. Unless, of course, you would consider me crossdressed as I sit here in a men's polo shirt.

For CD's, it's all about the clothes. Nothing wrong with that, but that is not something shared by the vast majority of trans and NB people.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I personally don't know. I've stopped thinking about it. Am I trans or not? I don't know, but I do know I won't transition (financial and social reaons), so it matters little.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Janus View Post
    Straight guy who wears clothing atypical to my assigned gender from time to time.
    SJ
    "Thy protestesth too much!" Don't blame me, Sabine. Shakespeare said it first!

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    No, it is not. Unless, of course, you would consider me crossdressed as I sit here in a men's polo shirt.
    For CD's, it's all about the clothes. Nothing wrong with that, but that is not something shared by the vast majority of trans and NB people.
    Speak for yourself, Auntie! For this CD it's my mirror! It hasn't been "just about the clothes" for 20+ years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

How do I know that I am woman, and not "Assigned Male at Birth", based on my physical anatomy?

When asked this question, I cannot answer scientifically, or medically with assuredness, but I DO respond with this analogy:

When asked why I think/believe/feel that I am a woman, I respond with this:
    "Have you ever put on a T-shirt backwards? NOT inside out but front to back. You feel slightly uncomfortable but can't put your finger on the reason. It's your shirt, it hasn't shrunk, but it feels 'off' somehow. Suddenly, with a Homer Simpson "D'OH!" you realize the problem and correct it. All better.
    Well, that is how I felt being labeled as masculine. The label fit, externally, but internally, it was uncomfortable and forced me to act, behave and perform as something I wasn't. For most of my life, I walked around with my "T-shirt" on backwards."

I dare y'all, to prove me wrong.

Wrong about what, Jazzmin?

That you're a woman or that your T shirt's on backwards?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Like so many others on this thread, I too am "just a cross dresser". Although I totally enjoy being a strait man, I also totally enjoy those times when I can spend a day, a weekend, or even a vacation dressed as a woman.

It's not only fun but I also enjoy the erotic pleasures that come from pretending that I am a woman. Because I am lucky to have a totally supporting wife, there are no negatives associated with being a cross dresser. Both of us just accept ourselves and enjoy the fun.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 10-05-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    How do I know that I am woman, and not "Assigned Male at Birth", based on my physical anatomy?
    You don't. Anatomy identifies our sex. Gender identity is something quite apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    What Kelly said.

A person can know in their soul she is a woman yet because of her anatomy was assigned male at birth.
    Male/Female are designations of anatomy.
    Man/Woman/Enby are designations of gender.

Gender and anatomy are two different things.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Yes, Wren, Jazzman doesn't seem to know but u do. Yet, u haven't properly replied to what this thread is about, "How and when did u "know" u were a woman inside?"

Inquiring minds need to know!

I believe that a lot of people have misinterpreted my post.

When I wrote "How do I know I am a woman....". it wasn't ME asking but repeating the question that I have been asked many times and my reply. I use my 'T-shirt" analogy as an opening, to try to get my listener to get a feel for the sense of dysphoria that I have experienced. A sense of 'something isn't right'. Once a listener has that "A-ha!" moment of some understanding, then I can go further into explaining my feelings and reasoning.

And yes, to the ladies who pointed it out, I am well aware of the differences between gender and gender identity.
    Edited to add:
    PS - I apologize for the "prove me wrong" sentence, I C&P'd my statement from another discussion board and should have cropped that line out.

Sorry Doc, I guess my response from July
    got buried by the dozens of replies from straight men, whose sexual kink is to rub one out while they’re wearing a dress in a hotel room.

I’m not trying to shame anyone. If that’s your thing, more power to you. But I realized rather quickly after being here that my motivation for wearing women’s clothing was not the same as the average cross dresser on this forum.

And for clarity… I am not a woman. I am an enby… a third gender in the tradition of societies around the world that have recognized humans for millennia who are neither man or woman.

So how? Like i said in my reply in July:
    By “… questioning, [doing] research, experimenting and working with a couple of therapists, I admitted I am indeed transgender….”

When? Obviously, there’s no single date. But even prior to starting hormone therapy, I did some things that are part of physical transition. I had laser hair removal on my face, had my ears pierced and began trying to lose weight. But the deliberate steps in questioning my gender, trying to wrap my head around what i was feeling began in 2014 though.

And yeah, I think you’re right Doc. I don’t think Jazzmin knows what she’s talking about and I do. I’ve studied and continue to study gender theory, biology, endocrinology, anatomy physiology so I sound like a knowledgable, informed patient when talking to my doctors about transitioning.

Even in her above statement she says, she knows the difference between gender and gender identity. What the heck??? Sorry for throwing shade Jazzmin but those are the same exact thing.

LOL...
    Like sarcasm, a rhetorical question, asked typographically, is easily taken the wrong way. Sorry about that.

Hmmmm...... this is the question for those of us at the [relative] start of our CD journey, isn't it?
    For my part, having earned an undergrad degree in Drama, being able to dress as a woman is a wonderful exploration of my soul...and I can explain it to the rest of the world as simply being an appearance that is available to me, if and when needed. That's the plus side of a Drama degree...I have had specific training to assume the appearance of anything/anyone I need to be, for the sake of whatever role I am playing at the time.

Putting this aside, the deep truth of my life is not clear to me, yet....
    ...I have imagined myself as being female...cross-dreamer
    ...I have tried going out in fem clothing... CD...
    ...I have researched the realities of transitioning...trans...
    ...I am currently starting to assemble a Drag Queen persona...performance...

If and when I have an Epiphany of self-discovery, I'm pretty sure you ladies will be the first ones to hear about it. 😉

{It is reassuring to be part of this community, for the simple reason that it proves I am not alone on this journey.}

Be safe. Have fun.

Jenny

Despite appearances, I’m female, and always have been. I can fake being male. I’m good at it, and even enjoy it at times. But it’s an act and nothing more. Male clothing is a uniform that I’m forced to wear from time to time. Like soldiers, policemen and others, I remove my uniform and put on normal clothing as soon as I can. I get no thrill from dressing en femme other than the relief of getting back to normal. I hate male clothing. I didn’t wear a scrap of male clothing during the lockdown, and wouldn’t now if I didn’t work for a trans-intolerant employer. It's just the normal thing to do.

How do I know all this? I have no idea. Why do I love shrimp?
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by IamWren View Post
    Sorry Doc, I guess my response from July
    got buried by the dozens of replies from straight men, whose sexual kink is to rub one out while they?re wearing a dress in a hotel room.

Its not quite like that,
    Why shouldnt straight guys enjoy dressing aswell? Do you consider that less important?

What a lovely post, Jenny! U so clearly hi lite both the options and dilemmas involved in dressing! And, I could feel the joy u get from exploring all of them!

I'm sorry, Cythia. But, I don't get your "shrimp" analogy. If u never tasted shrimp, you'd never know if u cared for it.
    And, if u DID try them? Like them or not, that was the "shrimp" date in your life.

And, somewhere along in your life u 1st explored crossdressing. And, if u immediately felt u were a woman, that was when u knew!
    I seriously doubt u popped from the womb thinking, "I'm a woman"!

Thank you, Ladies & Gents, for showing me that I don't know my a**e from my elbow about my own situation.
    Even though I've been living 24/7 for 4 years.
    Even though I've been on HRT for 3 years, with all the trial & error and ups & downs that trip has been.
    Even though I've lost friends and become estranged from my family and endured hateful comments from the uninformed, just by being my true self.
    Even though I lost employment because I became my true self and was forced to take a minimum wage position.
    Even though my entire life has been upended.

Thank you all for welcoming me here, and pointing out that I know nothing about myself, simply because I used the wrong terminology! Did any of you judgmental people stop to think that sometimes. sometimes, a person's fingers type quicker that the brain (or is that backwards? IDK, apparently, I have no idea), and they post things without looking over what they have written?

I truly, truly envy all you folk who have never made a misstatement, for you are truly blessed!
    Last edited by Jazzmin; 10-06-2022 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo

U may not know that u can always go back and edit your posts, Jazzman

So, if u r unhappy with anything u wrote? U can fix it!

Meanwhile, I hope u don't feel anyone was attacking u? Hopefully, they may have just been trying to correct u?

In any case, I'm certain no one would trivialize what you've lived thru! Please feel welcome here. Because u definitely belong!

Hi Kym.

Do I consider straight guys dressing like women less important? Absolutely not.
    Again, I’ll reference my response from late July.

I certainly agree with others that given the opportunity to explore gender expression (crossdress) without shame is an important component to figuring out one’s gender identity.”

A straight guy might even figure out in doing so they are in fact still a straight cis dude. Just one that happens to like looking pretty every now and again.

Hey Jazzmin… sincere apologies for being abrasive toward you, especially after you just started interacting here. You did say “I dare you to prove me wrong.” though.

Really though… my apologies.
    Last edited by IamWren; 10-06-2022 at 07:38 PM.

I'm a crossdresser. I like dressing as a women when I can, but I also like my life as a man.
    I feel bad that some women spend so much time to look their sexy best.
    When men just shower shave and comb their hair.
    And long nails are so unpractical.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I put myself somewhere close to the trans end of the spectrum. I've been doing this so long it just feels like me. I started this by choice, not because I wasn't declared the correct gender at birth. I'm not trying to fix something. I'm just being myself in a way I feel comfortable. I don't dress much or do makeup around the house. When someone will see me I do. I don't work as a girl. Sometimes I shop on the way home. It doesn't bother me. It would bother me more to be at some big event or anywhere socializing. I don't know how to act in those situations as a guy. I'd feel like the special part of me is missing. I also don't know how to bring this up later. I'd rather they know upon front. There's too much giving it away these days. I think there more to question if I try to look like a guy. It's become easier to present as a woman. Fewer ambiguities. Well, maybe just one big one. Where does this leave me? IDK Is it possible there aren't enough labels to describe each of our unique situations?
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 10-07-2022 at 05:46 AM.

Hi Doc,

I still haven't decided (after decades) what or who I truly am, so I can?t precisely answer your question. You tend to be a precise person, and I like you for that, but sometimes you look for answers from others you already know. I think you are asking for answers that are why most people are here. Why am I here, who am I, am I normal, can I ever be happy with who I am, are there others like me?

Moments of life are fascinating

Thanks for asking, I am loving the honest responses.

Always loving you, Brenda

I fear this will come back to haunt me. Yikes

PS Love the avatar

I'm just a crossdresser. I love dressing like a woman and trying to move like a woman, but am only attracted to women. No interest in men at all. At a former job I dressed every day. I loved it. It was so nice to be able to swish around the office and look at my puff sleeves in the reflection of my monitor. I do like being able to go back into guy mode at any time. I go to a lot of Pride festivals but don't really feel like I fit in. I wish I could dress as often as I want, but we're not there yet.

Gwendolyn

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    Hi Doc,

I still haven't decided (after decades) what or who I truly am, so I can?t precisely answer your question. You tend to be a precise person, and I like you for that, but sometimes you look for answers from others you already know. I think you are asking for answers that are why most people are here. Why am I here, who am I, am I normal, can I ever be happy with who I am, are there others like me?

Moments of life are fascinating

Thanks for asking, I am loving the honest responses.

Always loving you, Brenda

I fear this will come back to haunt me. Yikes

PS Love the avatar
    I believe u r misreading me, Brenda. I actually am very interested in the answers to my post. I struggled alone in a complete vacuum for 10 years, confused by my sudden need to dress, my desire to become a female, and a sudden interest in men.

Then, when I came out online here I still delt with guilt, shame, and confusion for 3 more years! It took me all that time to figure out I wasn't gay or a trans! Simply a CD with strange thots and kinks!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-07-2022 at 08:06 PM.