Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trans, CD, or what? How do u know what u r?

Karren Have fun that's the most important But you know that

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I am a cross dresser. I know that. I have had the opportunity to dress as much as I want and tried to but grew tried of it. I went out interacted with others, bars, restaurants, movies even museums. I found it to be a chore after awhile. I also realized what I would have to give up to transition. It was just to hard not to mention expensive. Now I still enjoy cding and going out. Who knows why but it is fun for me a fancy dress some heels and makeup, making myself pretty is fun. Kind of like golf or skiing, ok maybe a little different, but you get the idea and the urge. Good luck to all who are still trying to figure it out, do what comfortable and FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Well I'm deffinately a CD as for me, it's all about the clothes and just the clothes on their own. At least, thats what it's a always been for me anyways.

Jean, love this. Best label ever. I'm still trying to figure this out. I can never go wrong being me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Grace, I assume that means everything has gone well when you're being u and badly when not? And, that's how u know when you're truly u and when you're not?

I'd have to say it's more the opposite for me! The more I'm myself the more all hell breaks loose!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-27-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I honestly cannot thank all you ladies enough for sharing your thoughts, feelings and lives here. I felt alone and confused about my identity for so long but when I found this forum I could see that I'm now part of a community of like-minded human beings on a huge spectrum of gender and sexuality. I only can share definitively what it feels like inside my skin, I deeply feel non-binary (and even that label kinda bugs me). I'm straight but have found myself attracted to men (other feminine men). I am a CD (since I was 10, 1965). I have also recently come out to my closest friends and family. I don't fully dress in public, but thanks to the support I feel here I now wear something feminine everyday and have grown much more comfortable with what I identify as my feminine nature (gentle and very sensitive). Life on the gender spectrum...

Thanks for mentioning non binary, Nancy. The more we come to understand how that effects all of us, the more threads like this will become obsolete!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I agree!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

way do people try so hard to deny being on the 'transgender spectrum'?? "just a crossdresser," "like wearing women clothes" seems that's just seems as though that's just a form of denial. It seems to me that if you enjoy wearing clothes thought of as typical of the opposite gender then you are, to some degree, "transgendered" Enjoy it

Aspiring Member
    seems to me people who want cds to be on the trans spectrum have control and isolation issues.

these threads go nowhere positive and just drive division between cds and trans. problem is trans dont understand cds like i dont understand trans.

I don't know what to label myself. CD? Trans-light? Who knows. Labels are mostly for others anyway.

There is part of my brain that lights up when I see a pretty girl starting back at me from the mirror. Not just the clothes, but the whole appearance and persona. It knew I wanted this before I ever even put on any female clothing (i.e. since I was 6-7 years old). I love the way I look and feel when presenting as female. I don't have any dislike of being my male self or in my male body. If I had no family or social attachments or obligations, and could suddenly become a woman via a magic wish, would I? Probably for a month just to try it. But I'm not totally sure if I'd feel the desire or need to stay that way. Because of that doubt I don't really think I *am* a woman inside or fully trans, else I'd know that I wouldn't ever want to go back to being a man if given such a magic wish.

I think for me CD'ing is kind of like my absolute favorite vacation spot. I love it when I'm there. I feel free and happy like no other time. There are experiences and emotions I experience there that I simply can't back at home. I take tons of photos to remember it by. I always feel like my stay was too short. I wish to go back when I've been away too long. I plan obsessively for my next visit. But would I want to live there full time like a local? I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect not as it would lose some of its allure and magic. Plus I really like my home too, and I'm sure I'd miss it. At any rate, the many costs to move there permanently are too high for me, so it's a moot point.
    Last edited by Camille15; 10-28-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Head on straight male who puts on clothing that society says doesn't match my gender from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    seems to me people who want cds to be on the trans spectrum have control and isolation issues.
    these threads go nowhere positive and just drive division between cds and trans. problem is trans dont understand cds like i dont understand trans.
    I'm sorry u feel that way, Paulie. My guess is u haven't gone out to meet other dressers much? I have met 100's. And, u know the only way I could tell the CD's from the trans?
    Was to ASK THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Janus View Post
    Head on straight male who puts on clothing that society says doesn't match my gender from time to time
    Straight or not has nothing to do with this thread, Sabine. Or, with what kind of dresser u think u r!?

I thought I was CD into my 20's, but then it developed into T. No problems with that at all. I slipped into the role and that was that for my male clothes. Good riddance.

U make it sound so simple and easy, Rachel Anne. Was living thru your T development really just that matter of fact?

Some of us go thru many years of confusion, guilt, and self doubt before we figure it all out!

Hi Sherry,

I had a lot of good things going and some very lucky turns.

Doc, I've been thinking about your response for a bit. It would to be too much to say that everything goes well when I'm me/Grace is at the forefront, life is life. But coping is better, and that's how I know I'm that authentic self. Trust me, this girl can make hell break loose with a wave of her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post

Jeez... generalize much?

CD's are on the transgender spectrum, along with every other "gender non-conforming" label. It's got nothing to do with "control and isolation issues". That's simply the terminology commonly used to describe such things. I identified as CD for most of my life before coming to grips with the fact that I have been trans all along. That doesn't mean there aren't CD's who will be nothing but CD's for their entire lives. Of course there are, but I can tell you with certainty that some CD's will discover that they are something else. We see that playing out in this forum on a fairly regular basis.

I resent the assertion that I don't understand CD's. I absolutely do. I also don't wrap myself up in the ridiculous label debate, wherein everyone wants to define this or that label for themselves. Labels are words, and a word is only as effective as the collective understanding of what it means. In other words, there is a conventional definition for things like CD, gender fluid, etc. Use it.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I am 100% a cross dresser. I love wearing a dress, or shorts and a top, wearing nightgowns to bed, wearing bikini panties under whatever I'm wearing, but I am simply a cross dresser. Have no desire to transition. Since discovering my female half, think what you want about that, I have become completely happy with myself. Diane has made my life better by opening me up to wearing women's clothes, but all things considered I'm quite happy being a cross dresser and nothing more.

Diane P

You are what you are. Why worry about the label?

U don't need to worry about anything, Chistine.

Labels r handy when u wish to describe yourself to others!

Completely hetro its just that my wife prefers me to look feminine and I'm now very comfortable in that role

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christine55 View Post
    You are what you are. Why worry about the label?
    "Labels" are important. The brain works with words---You can't THINK ABOUT anything if it does not have a name---- Unless you would rather NOT think about it. No criticism here, I could understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyJordan View Post
    Completely hetro its just that my wife prefers me to look feminine and I'm now very comfortable in that role
    I'm just slightly curious. Can you tell us the reason your wife prefers you to look feminine? If that's a subject you'd rather not talk about that's fine, like I said just slightly curious. Have a great day/night.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane P View Post
    I'm just slightly curious. Can you tell us the reason your wife prefers you to look feminine? If that's a subject you'd rather not talk about that's fine, like I said just slightly curious. Have a great day/night.
    Hi Diane It just developed from my wife persuading me to wear nylons in bed to keep her warm to adding more and more outside of the bedroom. She grew up in a competitive family and has said she always wanted a maid when she was young and had fancied girls before but loves me devotedly so sees dressing me up as a way to fulfil her fantasies. Although I do on occasions dress as a maid it is much more often in normal women's clothing although her preference for me is clearly toward the sexier styles it also indulges her loves for feminine fashion without the hassle and fuss of getting ready herself as her wish when she comes in is to throw on some super comfy wear. I do not dress outside locally but on returning home she makes it clear that I should ditch the 'drab' male clothes. It is not a domination thing although I do tend to be very submissive when dressed and she loves the transformation. We are fortunate she has a great job and it seemed inevitable that I would become the 'wife ' and dress accordingly as she says there has to be 'standards '

I do fit with certain labels like male, motor vehicle engineer and pensioner which actually mean something to most. I happen to love wearing skirts and dresses with full underwear and accessories. I can do this without any extra labels.