Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of dresser?

What type of dresser?

Yesterday was a hot one, we went to a outdoor patio by the lake and ordered a bucket of beer and watched people walking on the lake boardwalk. Of course I was watching all the women wearing those pretty summer dresses and told my wife how lucky woman are to have all that selection. My wife buys those pretty dresses but usually never wears them and I asked her why?. She told me she wants to be comfortable and wearing a dress you have to be more careful that it doesn't blow up and you have to sit more proper so you don't give perv men a view up there. Because she said to trust her that men are always trying for that view and she just feels more comfortable in shorts or capris. The funny thing was she asked me the strangest question, she asked me if Maria was a real women how would she had dressed to do what we were doing? Wow, I never really got that question asked before but with little thought I told her I would definitely be wearing a dress and in that casual situations of just having a few drinks probably with a nice cute pare of flat sandals. I then thought I would test the waters and I told her that she knows me better then anyone else and how she thinks I would dress if I was a real women. She told me that I would definitely be wearing a dress but not with a low sandal and that I would be wearing a sandal with a high heel. She usally talks about Maria in a third party and tells me that Maria would enjoy attention and like to tease a little and probably get a little thrill of having men trying to look up her dress. Wow I wasn't expecting that but she probably was close, I don't know about the teasing part but I believe I could consider being comfortable in a cute summer dress and flat sandals feeling pretty. What type of dresser would you consider yourself, shorts and capris of cute summer dresses.

Definitely a sundress or some kind of peasant skirt with a tank top or fitted tshirt! And yeah flat sandals or at most a 1 inch heel
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Your wife does know you best. If she thinks you would be wearing cute summer dresses and high heeled sandals, she is probably right.

Depending on the activities, many women wear summer dresses for drinks and casual sitting around. But if they are active: bike riding, playing sports, hiking, then activewear is what they like. It's probably hard to say who would wear what unless the circumstance is spelled out.

By the way, most real women don't look forward to men peeking up their dresses, as your wife pointed out. That is why skorts were invented, lol!

Maria, Interesting that your wife referenced you in the first person. I have several maxi dresses and no-heel sandals. Love them. Truthfully, I kind like dressing without hip pads when I wear dresses that don't cling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Interesting observations. I think a perceptive assessment of the role that dressing plays in your life and relationship.

I will add, I do enjoy sundresses, even a little above the knee in summer. I have some maxi dresses in my wardrobe as well and I think they are particularly fun to wear on summer evenings. It took me a while to realize that sleeveless dresses and tops are really OK for me. I have toned arms, and have been reassured by some of my GG friends that I don’t need to hide them. That opens up a broader and cooler array of options.

I would definitely not appreciate anyone who would even attempt to look up my dress or any other womans dress. Not appropriate. I’m sorry if that sounds prudish, but I guess I expect respectful behavior from myself and others.

Yesterday, I took a hike wearing a bra-top cami and jeans…should have opted for shorts because it was humid, and approaching 80 degrees. I did wear hip pads under my jeans and of course breast forms in the bra top. I need all the help I can get to present a convincingly female form.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-24-2022 at 02:55 PM.

A cute sundress and sandals would be my choice.
    Walking along the beach, carrying my sandals with the wind blowing my skirt and hair. Yes, I know it sounds like a commercial, but a girl can dream.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yeah, for an afternoon on a patio I vote for the sundress and probably some moderate wedge sandals.

I would wear the sundress and sandals, for sure, and that IS what my Wife wears. And neither my Wife or I would consider a guy who wants to catch a glimpse of panty a perv — I think we would call that just being a guy. Nancy

Ah-May-Lee
    Maria would enjoy attention and like to tease a little and probably get a little thrill of having men trying to look up her dress.

Your wife's statement above is possibly correct and not heard too much. Maybe if we take the "tease" part out but the rest could be true for quite a few cd/trans whatever. I was told years ago by a person close to me that I was dressing for the attention, a bit of exhibitionism. Of course I denied it but maybe part of it could be true. Maybe the way I dress is a way to exhibit who I am. Maybe I was seeking the attention, in a way who doesn't want a bit of attention. Your wife made a good point there.

To answer your post. In summer I wear hiking shoes, blue jean shorts maybe with short tights or short leggings extending past the hem of the shorts to my knees. Sometimes if the bugs are real bad outside I wear leggings without the shorts. In the garden I wear a sort of army boot shoe, same shorts or leggings.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's always fun to play, "What if", games, Maria.

But, if Maria were a cis female? Her life experience would be so different than the Maria who is simply your female alter ego, that u could NEVER imagine in a million years what she would actually wear or why!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've always liked the sundress/flat sandals look - on others! I've tried, just doesn't look right on me. Something about my body shape I think maximizes the MIAD effect. So I'm going with the minority opinion of capris or shorts with a sleeveless top, with wedge sandals or low tennis sneakers for more active use or walking about.I have not tried skorts, but that sounds like an inviting option. And although it can get hot, I've got to have my hip pads to combat my snake hips. As essential as breast forms for me.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I love playing the game of "what would you wear in this setting"? I've amassed quite a closet of clothes for Jenn, almost all of which are casual but some bordering on dressy. I sometimes decide the dressing theme for the day should be "office worker", "tourist", "Homemaker", "grocery shopping", etc. I then put together the outfit that I think would be appropriate for a GG to be wearing in those cases.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

How I describe the type of style is a great grandma who is from the 1940s style.
    Amanda

I would definitely prefer the sundress & sandals over anything else. A sleeveless one that ends a few inches above the knee would be perfect.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Just another 'Gurl'
    Perhaps for a date or special event I would wear a sun dress and sandals or heels. Most days it would be shorts and a t-shirt I think with flip flops and medium hoop earrings.
    Just another man in a dress

I believe I'd prefer the summer dress and flat sandals. Considering the only femme outer wear I have is dresses, that may be why. However, I am about to order a V neck tunic blouse and white jeans. I believe they will go great with my white sandals. Nonetheless, a light breeze blowing up under a dress/skirt feels great.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Maria

This comment I agree 100% "Of course I was watching all the women wearing those pretty summer dresses and told my wife how lucky woman are to have all that selection." Just this weekend my wife was getting ready for a summer event, was trying on five differant sundresses. She only ask my opion which looks best as i sit there going over in my head which dress of mine i would love to wear. One of these days has she tries on her dresses I'm going to try on mine (in my dreams).

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    she asked me if Maria was a real women how would she had dressed to do what we were doing?
    I'm going to try to take on this question as if MY wife had asked me.

In all truth, I think that if I were somehow a real woman, I'd probably be dressed pretty casually - maybe a sun dress, maybe shorts with a nice top.
    In day to day life, I'd probably be dressed in shorts or slacks and I'd save dresses for date nights or other "dressy" events.

But I'm not a real woman. If I want to look the part, I need all the help I can get. So if I were given (as Sara) the opportunity to be sitting on a patio by the boardwalk and sharing a couple drinks with my loved one, it'd definitely have to be a (sun)dress for me.

I would select a nice sundress around knee high. As for footwear, I think I would wear a pair of strappy-type wedges.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Platinum Member
    Definitely a summer dress. I only wear dresses. No pants. I do understand your wife's preference for the reasons stated. However, when the heat wave blows in my wife gets her summer dresses out of the closet. Off comes the bra...at home. In general, clothing that conforms to the body becomes uncomfortable. Her hair goes up off her neck. You can flip the question around and ask what she would wear in a cold wave of below freezing temperatures. In the 1970's my wife had to wear dresses or skirts at her office job. That did not play well while she waited for the elevated train in Queens; a lot cursing and swearing going on.

The real life heat and humidity this week has had me in short Tank dresses or shorts and sleeveless tops at home. I've worn t least one of the shorts outfits out into the real world.
    Last edited by April Rose; 07-25-2022 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spalling
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I love being a girl
    I would definitely be a dress, or skirt and top girl with sandals. The cooler days would see stockings and a cardigan added for warmth.
    I love being a girl

Reality Check
    It's fun to speculate, but I don't think any of us can realistically say what we would do if we were an actual woman. We don't have the lifetime of experience as a woman that an actual woman has.
    Krisi

summer dress for sure

Neither. More into dresses that cover my big ass, unfeminine shoulders! Sigh!