Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future crossdressers

Jacques and Larissa I agree completely. The "crossdressing" label really needs to go. It has always bothered me because it pegs those who engage in that as a minority group outside the rest of society. What I think we need is more inclusion and not self-imposed exclusion. But that is best achieved by expanding the boundaries of what is mainstream to be less restrictive and more inclusive.

Good thoughts Gale.

Perhaps this is a good measure of how society stratifies by age. Older members still retain their friends, family and to some extent work colleagues who have those old societal norms. Heck it's in my lifetime (The Sexual Offences Act 1967 is an Act of Parliament in the United Kingdom (citation 1967 c. 60). It legalised homosexual acts in England and Wales, on the condition that they were consensual, in private and between two men who had attained the age of 21 that being gay has been decriminalised.

While in school my daughters both had gay friends who were just part of the bigger group and we're going back nearly two decades.

It's noticeable that those most vocal about shared facilities tend to be, but not exclusively, from the older age set. I suspect those politicians who are a bit younger know where to pitch their rhetoric in order to win votes so for a while at least it's going to be slow progress but I'll take any progress.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I really like the term "Freedressing" I think I will use this going forward.

Hey I am now a Freedresser!

Great, Natalie, I'll let my wife know that her term has now officially started to spread!!
    Last edited by Larissa Cassandra; 07-26-2022 at 09:31 PM.

I believe that with time, future generations will become more liberal and people will stop hiding.
    In my time I had to do everything hidden, the farthest I went was to wear to school wearing a bra under several blouses on very cold days.

Whilst I totally agree that younger people are more likely to be accepting I am finding it quite refreshing that even the older fraternity are finding the same mind set.
    On the last three occasions where I have been DRAB there have been nice comments on my nails. Shaped and polished.
    I expect comments from the ladies but when a large Aussie male (very masculine) mentions them I was a little bemused.
    He asked why so I told him I was trans and the vibe from him was accepting.
    I do recall some years back going into a quiet pub with a bit of makeup on and the barman would not serve me.
    Things change over time.

Philippa Jane