Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the Minimum Amount of Clothing Needed 4 U 2 Consider Yourself Crossdressed?

What is the Minimum Amount of Clothing Needed 4 U 2 Consider Yourself Crossdressed?

I mean, being underdressed only takes bra and panties, but then you're not really crossdressing, right? So how many extra bits do you need to add?

For me, a fem top and a skirt. If I want to go the extra step, some jewelry and accessories. Padding optional.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I was not aware of any minimum amount of clothing needed to be considered a crossdresser, either wearing or owning.
    Is this a case of whoever dies with the most amount of female items wins?
    Crissy

Bottom top and boobs.

Pretty in Pink

Banned Read only
    Underdressing is crossdressing. Period.

I vote zero. A person could consider themselves a crossdresser if the desire/need existed solely in their mind. I considered myself to be a crossdresser even while only occasionally experimenting with my wife?s wardrobe.

I think a lot depends on the person and each person has their own answer to that. I think more in terms of dressed/fully dressed. I can under dress to make myself feel better, but for me fully dressed is being a woman, so forms, wig, undergarments, and full clothing and makeup. As has been discussed, there are many who feel just wearing the dress is enough, and that is fine for them. I personally wouldn't do that as I want to actually identify as a woman.

Roxie
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

I crossdress every day if only because I ALWAYS wear lace panties. I do really feel more crossdressed when also wearing nylons and/or a bra and forms which I do every evening. But, at minimum, just wearing panties lets me know I have the feminine side I enjoy.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I was not aware of any minimum amount of clothing needed to be considered a crossdresser, either wearing or owning.
    Is this a case of whoever dies with the most amount of female items wins?
    Thank you, but I fear you may have misunderstood.

I never said anything about clothing ownership. I am asking about the amout of clothing one is wearing at any given time. I expect this may vary from person to person, which is why I thought it might be an interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Underdressing is crossdressing. Period.
    Ok, so for you, nothing else is needed. Thank you.

But where do you put your wallet and keys when you go out? In your bra?

Quote Originally Posted by Bea_ View Post
    I vote zero.
    Again, fair assessmenr. Thank you.
    A person could consider themselves a crossdresser if the desire/need existed solely in their mind.
    So, to be clear, to borrow an old phrase, it's the thought that counts? You see no distinction between thought and act?

I considered myself to be a crossdresser even while only occasionally experimenting with my wife?s wardrobe.
    Again, my question is not about how much one owns. It's about the least amount one likes to have on oneself.

Thank you for your replies.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not sure, Patience. But, in my case one item does it all!

My female suit visually turns me into a complete woman!

I'm not allowed to post nude photos. So, imagine me without the clothing!
    IMG_0943 (2) (408x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Patience, crossdressing is what ever the individual doing it thinks it is. If its just panties or painted toe nails under your socks, that's crossdressing if you want it to be.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

If I were writing the rules, the number of items should include at least one skirt and a dress! Womens jeans should not be allowed! Lol.

Platinum Member
    One should focus on intent. If you intend to put on a womans garment but accidently wear a male garment, you are still a cross dresser, due to your intent.

The way I read the OP's question, this is not about whether or not you consider your self a crossdresser, we're all here, so we probably fill that bill.
    This is rather about what level of dressing you consider being cross dressed.

I will always BE a crossdresser regardless of what I'm wearing, evening gown, garter and stockings, heels, full makeup, and wig, or naked just out of the shower.

A crossdresser is just who I am.

Now being cross-dressed, I'd have to agree with a few others, panties is all it takes and I wear them every day.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

The handbook specifies no minimum.
    By definition if you are wearing any clothing of the opposite sex you are crossdressed. How far you travel is up to you.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Wig, makeup, underwear and shapewear.

What I wear from a top/bottoms/shoes perspective isn't that important, because females can wear male clothing no issue.

Once I have shapewear and my face/hair set, I am femme.

Like Alyssia above, bottom, top and boobs. Perhaps add a wig & shoes.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Platinum Member
    I make a distinction between the noun, cross dresser, and, the verb, cross dressing. IMHO, there has to be some mindset consideration given. A guy wearing a feminine panty for comfort or sexual excitement (fetish) with no desire to be or emulate a woman may be cross dressing, but I wouldn't consider him a cross dresser. If a person is considered an alcoholic even if sober for years and years, wouldn't a man who suppresses his feminine desires for years and years still be a cross dresser? Sometimes the mental need is suppressed to the extent there is only the opportunity for a cross dresser to only wear a panty. However, his mind is still geared to being a cross dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    The handbook specifies no minimum.
    Wait, what? There's a handbook?
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

A bra and boobs and that's number one but anything soft and sexy will do

I am a crossdresser whether I own clothes or not. It's an identity not a wardrobe.
    Last edited by April Rose; 07-25-2022 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spulling
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeeJo View Post
    Wait, what? There's a handbook?
    AmeeJo, Don?t worry, you are already beyond the handbook stage. You are firmly in the club!
    Crissy

Crissy,

How did you get the toe nail polish to match the color on your flip flop?

It looks fanastic BTW.

Davina

It is what it is until it isn?t.It doesn?t matter. Maximum or minimum there are many different levels . It is still cross dressing whether the full hit or just panties or nylons.

Aspiring Member
    It's pretty common knowledge that Karen does not approve of jeans for women't wear. I've been to enough rodeos to know there are some fine looking women wearing tight-fitting jeans.

Now it has to be a complete outfit full makeup, heels and a wig. Years ago just wearing a bra with home made forms was good!