Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the Minimum Amount of Clothing Needed 4 U 2 Consider Yourself Crossdressed?

I understand the concept that if I wear ANY item of clothing for women, I'm cross-dressed. My underdressing can range from panties (most nights) to leotard and tights (cool mornings on days off). For me to really feel dressed, though, I require hose, shoes, bra w/padding(forms), dress or skirt, wig.

I don?t consider what you wear as crossdressing. I wear what makes me feel like who I am, and on the broad spectrum of where I happen to fall that day, I just consider myself dressed for that day.
    Clothes don?t have an actual gender, only a perceived gender stereotype. I?ve worn nail polish on my toes 24/7 for 20 years. Some would consider that as female, but I consider it just who I am.

Although I often dress partially, I never feel fully crossdressed until I don the wig. Everything before that is kind of like foreplay.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I go to the sports bar wearing women's jeans and underwear, sometimes in a woman's shirt, sometimes with women's socks or women's shoes, but it all looks "normal" and no one thinks I'm wearing women's clothes. So am I crossdressing then?

I went to work today wearing men's gym shorts and shoes, women's socks, women's thong, and women's tank top. No one knew there was anything weird about my outfit. Was I crossdressing?

I love being a girl
    I do not feel I am crossdressing when I am only underdressed in panty, stockings and bra. I must shed my male outerwear and complete my outfit with a dress or skirt and top, makeup and wig. Finally I may be crossdressed, but I feel natural and free. Sadly though I can rarely relax; I am now on the lookout for unexpected visitors and I cannot enjoy the freedom I crave as Rachael.
    I love being a girl

Pantyhose under pants or Painties under shorts is the minimum and what I do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    The way I read the OP's question, this is not about whether or not you consider your self a crossdresser, we're all here, so we probably fill that bill. This is rather about what level of dressing you consider being cross dressed. <snip>
    ^this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Burton View Post
    Although I often dress partially, I never feel fully crossdressed until I don the wig. Everything before that is kind of like foreplay.
    Having a great imagination, when getting dressed in my girl clothes, I get into my mind that I have already done up my long-ish hair into a 'high pony', and that is why I don't see or feel it on my neck/shoulders. At other times, if I feel that it's necessary for me to see and feel it, so the long wig becomes a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarasota Gurl View Post
    Clothes don't have an actual gender, only a perceived gender stereotype.
    True, but just the knowledge that what I'm wearing was designed with the female figure in mind, is all it takes for me most of the time. For example, a woman's tank top doesn't always look any different from what a man would wear, but just knowing that it's 'a woman's tank top', helps to make it feel normal to me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I typically wear just a bra, but still consider myself crossdressed.

It depends on the situation.

I think back in the Stonewall era it was 3 or more articles of clothing to be cross dressed.

Today I took care of a lot of yard work. It is hot here in Illinois, so I thought that I would be more comfortable wearing mens underwear while I was working outside. I was not only less comfortable in them, but I just didn't feel right! When I was done, I took a shower and put on my usual Vanity Fair panties. Instantly I felt not only more comfortable physically, but also more comfortable emotionally! So, I guess panties are all I need to connect with the crossdresser in me.

Bra, panties and pantyhose - even under man clothes!

For me i call it 'girl mode' and it is whatever I want to wear, in hot days can be panties only. As long as there is NOTHING on me that a man side of me could wear (for example beard also counts - I feel generally bad when I have more than days worth of beard, same goes for body hair on legs, arms, stomach)

That would sort of depend on what one was wearing. A nightgown or say a one-piece bathing suit is pretty much a complete outfit but it's only one piece.

Lacy PJs

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    As my 2 sides continue to merge, the line between them has blurred. The clothes don't change who I am. I'd say my forms remove any doubt.

I often cross dress in the evening in nothing more than forms, bra, tank top, and panties.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    One swim suit.---Simple enough.

Hmmm.... I have never thought of myself cross dressed. I know what I am doing is called cross dressing. But I never feel cross dressed. I am just wearing clothing that was generally made for a woman to wear. If you only wear silky panties are you a cross dresser or lover of smooth silky tight underwear? I love clothing made for women for the textures, colors and styles. Men stuff drab.

I love the forums as it creates deep thoughts for me about this so called "pink fog world" or mind set. So to try and answer the question I would say when you start to change your male appearance to resemble a female appearance then you are cross dressed. That may only be wearing a bra with forms under your dad T-shirt and jeans with sneakers. But I would say that is changing your appearance.

IMO, whether it?s one piece of female clothing or more, it?s crossdressing. It varies from day to day, depending on the pink fog, circumstances, etc. panties, every day, hose and bra most days.

Putting on my Master Pedant hat...
    If you're wearing an item of clothing typically worn by the opposite gender, you're cross dressing. Maybe partial, maybe under, but still cross-dressing. My question is, unless you're looking to dodge the label, who cares?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

The first time around, I missed the intent of the OP. I commented about being a "crossdresser" and not "crossdressed". For me, as soon as I step out of drab mode, I am crossdressed, which means panties. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy being dressed in other items, but it's definitely a boundary I cross when my first foot goes through the leg of my chosen panties for the day. It's a small but significant distinction for me.