Thread: Campy drag style...

Campy drag style...

Anyone ever go out like a drag queen? I have been very interested in going out in this style. My girlfriend is not really on board, but i think if we pick the right place i could pull it off. Sometimes i really just want to be really campy. Big hair, big boobs...crazy makeup.... maybe best done for a Halloween party?
    Thoughts?
    Julianna Frances

Platinum Member
    It could be fun, but definitely need to get your GF on board first. I think if I were going to go that route, I would want to go with a more stylized, hyper feminine presentation, very high end, rather than the exaggerated, lets say trashy look.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    There IS a LIMIT, however. I like a fair amount of makeup myself, but it can be overdone---and you start to look like a MAN in drag!--- To ME, anyways, nothing shouts MAN! louder than a fully done up DRAG QUEEN---and turns me off. I would prefer "Campy female Characters" myself, Like "Goths" "Gypsies", "Flappers", etc. Thats just MY opinion.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 07-26-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Not quite dressed as a drag queen but I have gone out in some pretty wild looking outfits while wearing Lady Gaga style makeup. It is a lot of fun if you can handle the attention ; )

Haha that reminds me of a line from movie.

Sandi

Just don't wear a meat suit Sandi - that image still disturbs me!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Sher and I did different Drag shows when friends asked us..
    There was several bars and a University that our friends that performed in the drag shows and how we got involved through them.
    I ( the GG) was over the top drag Queen dressed while Sher dressed like the girl next door.
    We had several routines lip syncing and dancing
    It was so much fun.
    We used to post them here.
    Thanks for bringing back great memories.
    Hope you get to try it
    Last edited by Di; 07-26-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Never considered the Drag Queen look for an outing or Halloween.
    It's very contrary to how I feel and how I wish to be perceived. I don't dress to camp it up but to be myself and be viewed as a woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not really for some reason I always wanted to look like a real woman.

Platinum Member
    That would go over at the Pride Parade in Seattle or Halloween. Do you really want to attract a lot of attention on an ordinary day?

Aspiring Member
    i am not into the drag queen look.

I'm more into blending in than standing out, but at the right place and time, this can be a lot of fun.

Hope you cal pull it off.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Yes! Have gone out in super campy/drag mode a couple of times. Fun! Both times I got a group together and we headed to Hamburger Mary's, a chain of combination burger joint/drag bar. They mostly cater to straight clientele and both times we were the only ones dolled up but if there's anywhere you can go in campy drag this is the place.

Achieving the look is hard and I felt only partially successful, but we had a blast, and would have felt totally silly had we gone somewhere mainstream.

Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hamburger Mary's sounds like fun!
    Great photo!!!
    Julianna Frances

I never really thought about it, could be fun to try. Maybe...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Michelle, what u girls were wearing is standard club fair here at the Mary's in Long Beach, Cal!

Nothing drag queen there at all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just another 'Gurl'
    I have done over the top drag before. I found it really fun.
    Just another man in a dress

Go to a Rocky Horror Picture Show film performance on Halloween. You'll fit right in. I've done it a dozen times. Always great fun.

Silver Member
    Not my style at all. I dress to be relatable to the general public. Drag queens are only relatable to other drag queens and fans of the genre. Not A big cross section, IMHO.

I've done drag makeup, it's not really my thing. But why not, enjoy yourself.

When I went to Mary's in Long Beach, with my boyfriend and his sister, I just dressed like I normally do. That would be in a dress.

Id like to try it one day, in the right circumstances.

Hmmm....
    ...well, in my books, Drag is a specific type of performance that celebrates the female/male imagery in exaggerated ways. For me, that is just fine, in the right context.
    I cannot speak from any public outing experiences (I am quite private about my CD'ing, still) but I am somewhat proud of the skills I learned as I was taking my undergraduate Drama degree. I know that I really and truly want to create a Drag Persona for myself...this is, most assuredly, a role that I would adopt only in the right circumstances / the right performance venues.
    Heck, Halloween is just around the corner, right?

XXOO

Jenny

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    The old drag styles where the "queens" looked like more realistic women, sort of intrigued me. ("Wow! Thats a man? how did he accomplish that?"). It was "entertaining as in a circus act or other display of amazing skill. But the "campy" ones of today sort of "freak me out" and almost scream to me "Thats a man!" and really turn me off.-----I really do not "get" them or understand. Especially since 90% of them are Gay. I think I am missing the point.

I used to go see drag shows I Louisville and none were extreme except a few you?d never know weren?t GG women. I would say the only way you could really know would have seen them naked. One in particular was heterosexual his wife helped him. He was petite like a size 7 woman?s heels sounded exactly like a real girl and sang like one too. He wore some very revealing outfits and tucked so well like I said couldn?t tell. Back then he said he did it as a female impersonator and I?d give him a 10/10 on his presentation. Always got paid well for his roles. Oh the name of the gay bar was connections but has long since closed. Play is the newest one and I haven?t had the chance to check it out yet. I work second shift and drag shows start at midnight and I?m still working. Bummer