Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: How many of you have seen a TG person/CD out in public?

Survey: How many of you have seen a TG person/CD out in public?

I don't want to step on someone else's thread, so I am starting this one.

Not to pick on Natalie5004, but she wrote the following, which I think is perhaps a shared sentiment on this board:

Clothes choices for me and other cross dressers

I find that mostly crossdressers dress like they just discovered their fem side and tend to go over the top with short dresses or skirts and flashy outfits.
    My question for the forum is simply, how many individuals have you seen in the general public who you suspect is TG/CD?

A few clarifications.

1. By someone who is TG/CD, I mean to be someone who is presenting female but who you think was assigned male at birth. This would include those who present female part of the time (what I consider the term crossdresser to most commonly fit), those who present female most of the time but have not fully transitioned, and those who have fully transitioned.

2. By general public, I mean not at a place that you would expect to find individuals in the TG/CD category. For example, I belong to a TG group, and have met individuals through that group that fit into all three categories above. Nor do I mean at a club or place that would cater to TG/CD individuals, like a LGBT bar. Instead, I mean a Costco, or a grocery store, out on the street, etc.

Edit: Halloween doesn't count either.

Personally, based on these parameters, I have only seen a handful of individuals who I suspect to be TG/CD, perhaps 5 to 10. Trust me, I look for them, and I don't see many examples.

So, based on your experiences, how many have you seen "out in the wild?"
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Hi Dee, I would say I see about one a year out and about usually while we are shopping. My wife and I love to shop and she is almost always the one who first spots them. She is always super excited and runs up to tell me lol. We have seen 2 or 3 at Ross(the clothing store) and one at a nearby mall. The last was during a trip to Gatlinburg Tennessee, she was just strolling down the Main Street which my wife thought was awesome.

Well, I don't pay that much attention to strangers in public, it's very rare that I think "that person is CD/TG".

When I was an assistant at uni, I did encounter a student (not one of mine) who was clearly FTM a few times. Never interacted with him.
    That's really the only example I remember. Either those I met (and statistically, I must have) passed or I have terrible memory.

OMG, oodles and oodles. Thing is, some may have been CDers, some Drag Queens, and some Transwomen. I never stopped to survey them individually. I don't recall any of them being dressed in a way that was not in line with the social context of their attire.

I can't say I've seen enough people to agree or disagree with the quoted text.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I see one a couple times a week. My sons partner is trans. Plus I saw an amazingly beautiful TG girl at the amusement park last week. Saw what I thought was an old woman with very large breasts over at Home Depot yesterday except she had a full white beard.

I would say that any that I have seen would barely count. One was a tall, older guy at a Walmart, just the wig, pants, and sandals were anything like feminine. Another was an average, heavy set guy at the store, only he was wearing eye make-up -- that's all. Last was a bald guy who was wearing women's pants and t-shirt and possibly a bra. None of which would have been mistaken for a woman inside of 50 feet.

Wait, I did see one at Big Lots who looked reasonable but was wearing a covid-mask -- myself in a mirror.

I love being a girl
    I can remember seeing a few, some quite nicely presented. but not too many, however one sticks in my mind. An obvious male wearing a dress, wig and a little makeup at my local hardware store many years ago.
    I love being a girl

Platinum Member
    I recall one person in particular that I thought might be. ?She was not very well put together, seemed to be quite aged and infirm, and honestly, I was unsure whether she was trans or was simply not very capable of self-care due to age and infirmity.

I see them at the street fairs in my area. Usually 2 or 3 in a given day. Usually trying to blend. Nothing flamboyant.

Outside of that, maybe one or two a year. again, nothing flamboyant. Just a gal going about her business.

I once saw a guy wearing a pink fairy-girl outfit with petticoats. Full beard too.

Otherwise, I'm certain I've seen a few, but I just accept people at face value without thinking about it. If I see someone presenting as female, it would never even occur to me to wonder if she really was female. It has nothing to do with being egalitarian. I'm just gullible.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

My wife and I were literally discussing this subject tonight. She implied something to the effect of as many people as there are that you read about on your site, you would think we would see or spot more in the wild.

I would have to say I don’t frequent places where spotting would be more normal, but as the thread stated the poll is excepting those anyway. I am much more attuned to it these days than in the past, but honestly in my lifetime it has probably only been a accumulative total of a handful. I really only remember one instance well, but it was in a Mall where I grew up, maybe 35 years ago. I clocked them walking through the mall, but I seem to recall they blended okay and had made a very good effort. At that stage in my life I hadn’t told anyone my secret and I was alone in the mall, so nobody to point them out to or discuss.

Bottom line was my wife was pointing out that to us it is very rare, but who knows, maybe those around here are just highly efficient in their presentation!

I am interested in reading more replies, though they have been fairly diverse so far.

1. Many years ago I met a CDer in Auckland. When she introduced herself to me, I was blown away! Completely passable. I'd never have guessed.
    2. Some five years ago I attended a themed event in London, where I met many cross dressed people. I wrote about it in the Loved Ones section.
    3. I see cross dressed people quite often at the opshop. Some are more recognisable than others.

4. I've also met two crossdressers in drab mode. They could each have been a brother.

Since I have yet to go out fully dressed, I tend to look around (trying not to stare) and see if I can find any CD/TG people. I'm hoping that I will start to see more and more, which will make me feel more confident to go out. But so far I'd say I see an average of 1-2 a month, mostly dressed to blend, with varying degrees of success. Occasionally there will be a young 20-something person dressed very flamboyantly, which makes sense since the younger generations are so much more advanced in this area than most of us who grew up fearing shame and worse if anyone ever found out.

I see depends where I am bur I usually see TG person/CD 2-3 times a week.
    More at 2nd hand stores

I have no idea, probably every time that I venture into the nearest city, Leeds, or even my local town. The thing is that I don't go out looking for other CD, or TG people. Of course I have seen the obvious ott types, and one or two not particularly well presented. But I'm certain that I have passed or seen many more who simply blended in.

Your first criteria is key because I've seen just as many guys wearing skirts as I have someone in girlmode presentation which is about a handful over a period of 5+ years. So less than 1 per year in a major metro area with enough colleges is very low number

Hi Dee , about 4 or 5 over the years but have not been out much in last 3 years . 1 was very passable in a bar. Being on her own for for an hour and her voice gave her away.Others in shops. 1 at night in particular was drunk and quite vocal about it in a residential area. Shouting I am you know.Thats it. None recently though.

Can I just throw something into the mix. When we talk about going out enfemme and blending in, usually somewhere in the post will be a comment about, " How people are too caught up in what they're doing to take much notice".

So being that we're people isn't it the case that we've been in proximity to a member of our community and just not noticed?

To answer the question, I've probably seen one or two in the last 5-10 years but then again I hardly visit the shops. It's quite likely that in the week I spend enfemme each year I spend more time shopping than the rest of the year!

On occasion my wife and I have one shopping or eating dinner. I have seen a couple
    out eating with their wife. People recognize them but just go about their own business.

We have a TG cashier at the Foodlion I shop at not far from my house.

I have not seen that many,two come to mind one at a grocery store she looked great (both my wife and I wasn't 100% sure). The second years ago, I was sure it was a sister in a mall she wasn't as well put together the fear in her face gave it away.

Not many sightings for me but I have seen a couple over the years shopping at the grocery store. Last year I saw one of us wearing a long dress walking around the park with a GG. Later when I was heading back to the parking lot I saw them at a picnic table. I said you both look beautiful today. The GG said Thank you, I really appreciate that.
    Crissy

Only twice for me so far. Those are the ones I recognized. I?m sure there were some that I didn?t notice.

I see them occasionally, mostly at the grocery store. I live near the University of Denver so there are plenty of students out and about. CD's and TG's are not that common, but Non-binaries are seen once in awhile. Just yesterday I saw what looked like a guy reading the ingredients on an ice cream container and I commented that the brand was really good. He turned to me and I realized the he was a GG in men's clothing and style as well as showed male mannerisms, but wore lipstick and a bit of makeup. An NB FTM. We had a nice conversation. I was wearing a lavender T and had my bag hanging from my shoulder. Automatic recognition. She/he was about 20 years old and I am old enough to be her grandfather - yet there was instant comfort with each other. Wonderful experience. We walked to the checkout counter together talking like nothing was strange. There wasn't just two shoppers showing a bit of gender variance. No big deal in Denver where there are lots of trans people, just not in my neighborhood.

Literally yesterday at a Kawasaki motorcycle demo day in Auburn , Ma I saw someone that is/has transitioned.she was with a guy , I assume a very accepting friend that?s knowledgeable about motorcycles. She seemed comfortable in her skin. As far as clothing goes, it was jeans , s high top sneakers with pink laces , a tee shirt . She had blonde hair just past her shoulders , ample chest, and sounded like she had a grasp on her feminine voice.
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 07-31-2022 at 07:28 AM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Got to know a f-m who worked for Cracker Barrel! Saw ? nb presenting femme with earrings and make up was obviously amab! That is all I have noticed but I am not looking! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix